America First

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: America First

Post by Dr. Shades »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:04 pm
Why did you snip out Veritas’ quote?

- Doc
Because it was only referring to your “shootyhoops star.”
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:25 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:04 pm
Why did you snip out Veritas’ quote?

- Doc
Because it was only referring to your “shootyhoops star.”
Au contraire mon ami libertaire. Let’s take a look at the OP again:

> “What a joke. An American is illegally detained in a hostile nation and President Biden is trying to negotiate for her release.”

Given current events we know Brittney Griner was detained by the Russians and Biden is trying to secure her release. I quoted KG’s OP in order to stay topical, Ajax’s derail aside.

> “Meanwhile, Donald "Americans First" Trump, goes to the media and insists he wouldn't try to help her at all (literally his job as President) because she "makes a lot of money" and she was "loaded up on drugs." In fact, she was detained for having a couple ounces of cannabis oil, which is legal in her home state.”

We know throughout KG’s OP he’s talking about a “she” being detained in Russia, not a male detained in 🇲🇽.

> “Here we see Trump throwing America and Americans under the bus in defense of his beloved Putin.”

Again, KG makes reference to Russia, not Mexico.

So, we see references to Russia, Putin, Trump, Biden, a female American, and what Trump thinks about the female American arrested in Russia for possession of illegal drugs. Snipping out the quoted material leads to confusion because one loses the narrative without a relevant quote.

That’s the person who was arrested. Her name is Brittney Griner. She is in Russia, not Mexico. She was arrested for drugs, not weapons.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:28 pm
That’s the person who was arrested. Her name is Brittney Griner. She is in Russia, not Mexico. She was arrested for drugs, not weapons.

- Doc
Oh yeah? How do we know Shades was not talking about a totally different story? Do his remarks have to be confined to the topic at hand?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:28 pm
Au contraire mon ami libertaire. Let’s take a look at the opening post again: [SNIP!] That’s the person who was arrested. Her name is Brittney Griner. She is in Russia, not Mexico. She was arrested for drugs, not weapons.
Let's see. The second post in this thread says, "Look back at Andrew Tahmooressi imprisoned because he made a wrong turn and found himself in Mexico with a gun on him."

The third post says, "Tahmooressi didn't just 'find himself with a gun in Mexico.' He illegally transported numerous weapons including 400 rounds of ammunition across the border." That sounds like gun running to me.

The fourth post contains a quote that says, "Around 10:30 p.m. on March 31, 2014, Tahmooressi crossed the Mexico–United States border in his Ford F-150 truck with three loaded guns. Tahmooressi claims he was driving out of a parking lot with the intention of heading north but instead took a wrong turn and drove into the El Chaparral Port of Entry where Mexican custom inspectors examined his pickup truck and found more than 400 rounds of ammunition and three loaded guns: a .45 caliber pistol, a 12-gauge shotgun and a 5.56mm AR-15 assault rifle.

Tahmooressi was imprisoned in Tijuana's La Mesa Prison on illegal gun charges awaiting his trial. He was later moved to El Hongo Prison, Tecate after he attempted escape by climbing over a gate and heading up onto a roof, and then onto another one. He gave up when a guard opened fire, and an incident in which he slashed his neck with a broken light-bulb.

Tahmooressi first appeared in court May 28, 2014, but after Tahmooressi fired his first attorney the night before the hearing, which was postponed as a consequence. Tahmooressi was released from prison on Friday, October 31, 2014 after a judge in Tijuana ordered his immediate release, following pressure that U.S. politicians put on Mexico to release him, eight months after he was jailed. Tahmooressi flew back the same day in a private jet."

Referring to that, the fifth post says, "Not only that, but he was later arrested for having actual pot whereas Griner was detained for having a couple ounces of cannabis oil."

So, that's 80% of the first five posts in this thread refer to Andrew Tahmooressi and his gun running. The sixth post, by you, refers to "a man who is a literal killer and facilitates weapons to cartels and everything in between." "Facilitates weapons to cartels" also sounds a very lot like gun running.

Although you quoted the opening post that referred to Greiner, I can be forgiven for believing that the gun runner to whom you referred is the same gun runner to which the four posts previous to yours also referred.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:24 pm
I can be forgiven for believing that the gun runner to whom you referred is the same gun runner to which the four posts previous to yours also referred.
No. You weren’t paying attention and now you’re doubling down letting the cheeky conservative inside of you control your ego.

Whatever the case may be, I’m just glad you engaged in discussion. It was wonderful, and I’m going to smoke a cigarette now. God bless you, Shades, you really know how to make a girl’s toes curl.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:48 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:24 pm
I can be forgiven for believing that the gun runner to whom you referred is the same gun runner to which the four posts previous to yours also referred.
No. You weren’t paying attention and now you’re doubling down letting the cheeky conservative inside of you control your ego.
??? I just quoted from five separate posts—including your own—proving, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that I was paying attention.

How can you possibly conclude otherwise?
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

It looks like Russia got their top arms dealer back in Victor Bout. Britney Garner is free. The white US marine still remains locked up in Russia. I wonder why.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:03 pm
It looks like Russia got their top arms dealer back in Victor Bout. Britney Garner is free. The white US marine still remains locked up in Russia. I wonder why.
Obviously, it’s because Putin hates white Americans. : )
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:16 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:48 pm

??? I just quoted from five separate posts—including your own—proving, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that I was paying attention.

How can you possibly conclude otherwise?
I missed this!

Ref the post above - Because you clearly didn’t read the OP for comprehension and instead were led around by the nose vis a vis A18’s derail. You quoting from a derail doesn’t demonstrate good reading comprehension, it just demonstrates you ignored or skimmed the OP, made a shitpost based on an erroneous assumption, and when corrected you decided to double down because that makes sense.

Hopefully now that the story has been updated the OP is clear.

- Doc
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:32 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:03 pm
Obviously, it’s because Putin hates white Americans. : )

He was not the "top" arms dealer for crying out loud. Does anyone in their right mind truly believe arms were no longer available for sale on the black market while this guy was imprisoned over the past decade? He's a small fry in the overall scheme of things but Republicans will make him out to be the next Osama bin Ladin for political reasons. Meanwhile...nothing but crickets on Trump releasing 5,000 members of the Taliban.

And your post is a a word for word relay of MTG's tweet. Learn to think for yourself some day.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18