America First

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Re: America First

Post by Hawkeye »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:16 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:48 pm
No. You weren’t paying attention and now you’re doubling down letting the cheeky conservative inside of you control your ego.
??? I just quoted from five separate posts—including your own—proving, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that I was paying attention.

How can you possibly conclude otherwise?
You have to understand what DocCam means when he says you didn't read the post. It means that if you don't agree with DocCam on everything then you didn't read the post.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:22 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:

??? I just quoted from five separate posts—including your own—proving, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that I was paying attention.

You have to understand what DocCam means when he says you didn't read the post. It means that if you don't agree with DocCam on everything then you didn't read the post.
Ahh, yes. That’s a good point. :-)
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:22 pm
Hawkeye wrote:

Ahh, yes. That’s a good point. :-)
No, it’s a terrible point. Ajax18 goldfished Veritas’ OP by introducing some other character. I literally quoted the OP and responded to it. You quoted me, but snipped out the context of Veritas’ OP and introduced Ajax18’s red herring:
Andrew Tahmooressi is a literal killer? Who did he kill?
You can see that you immediately, either through a deliberate misrepresentation of the conversation or through neglect due to lazy reading, derailed my contextual post by connecting my response to Veritas to Ajax18’s derail, instead.

And now you’re throwing in with Ajax18, who is easily the shittiest reader on this forum, instead of owning up to what you did. Sad.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Hawkeye wrote:
Dr. Shades wrote:

There you go creating some sort of fantasy larp in your mind and then responding to it. What I mean when I say you didn’t read something is that you didn’t read it. Quite often when I used to respond to you beyond a sentence or two I’d insert outrageously nonsensical statements just to see if you’d ever pick up on them.

You never did. Not once.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:41 pm
Hawkeye wrote:

There you go creating some sort of fantasy larp in your mind and then responding to it. What I mean when I say you didn’t read something is that you didn’t read it. Quite often when I used to respond to you beyond a sentence or two I’d insert outrageously nonsensical statements just to see if you’d ever pick up on them.

You never did. Not once.

- Doc
Or maybe I just couldn't tell the difference between liberal reasoning and outrageously nonsenical statements. Who can blame me for that?
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:03 pm
It looks like Russia got their top arms dealer back in Victor Bout. Britney Garner is free. The white US marine still remains locked up in Russia. I wonder why.
One of my favorite things in this is seeing some right-wing sources continuously use an image of Trevor Reed on social media. In their haphazard flailing to find a white guy, they keep showing a picture of a white US Marine that Biden successfully got released from Russia months ago.

Speaking directly to your musing about why Paul Whelan's release hasn't been secured yet, Biden and other officials have already spoken about why securing the release of someone being held on espionage charges is have failed thus far, while the release of someone held on drug charges succeeded. I'll give you a hint though -- it's not likely because one of them is black, and the other one is white.

Incidentally, why do you feel that the US should be the sole one burdened with securing Paul Whelan's release, when he is a citizen of three other countries?
Last edited by Doctor Steuss on Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:04 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:41 pm

You never did. Not once.

- Doc
Or maybe I just couldn't tell the difference between liberal reasoning and outrageously nonsenical statements. Who can blame me for that?
That’s not the flex you think it is. No wonder the turds from Breitbart and FoxNews find fertile soil in your nob.

- Doc
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

As a fun fact for Ajax, the "white US Marine" that's entirely Biden's fault for not freeing was arrested in Russia on December 28, 2018.

Obviously also Biden's fault for not securing his release during the time that Trump was President.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Nolte: Left-wing NBC Edits Brittney Griner Story to Benefit Biden White House

The former news agency called NBC was caught editing its story about Brittney Griner, and doing so, naturally, in a way that benefits the Biden White House.

The original story is titled, “Family of Paul Whelan, American imprisoned in Russia, says they were warned about Brittney Griner’s release,” and lays out how the family of former Marine Paul Whelan is dealing with the news that he was not part of this prisoner swap. Whelan has been imprisoned by Russia since 2018.

According to the story, Whelan’s family knew it would be Griner who was released in exchange for the notorious “Merchant of Death,” Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout. Bout has served about half of his 25-year U.S. prison sentence.

Griner, a U.S. Woman’s Basketball Champion, has been imprisoned in Russia only since February. Griner pleaded guilty to possession of cannabis vape cartridges and was sentenced to nine years.

For reasons no one needs to explain, people are outraged that it was Griner who was released as opposed to Whelan.

We’re all happy Griner has been returned, but she’s only been in prison since February. Whelan has been rotting away for more than four years.

Other people question the idea of releasing an arms dealer into the world, of trading an infamous criminal who spreads death and war, for anyone. There’s no question Russia got the best of that deal. America got a woman who plays a sport no one watches. Russia got a death merchant capable of destabilizing entire countries to benefit his sponsor country.

One way the White House has sought to stifle criticism of the trade is with the claim His Fraudulency Joe Biden was given no choice by Russian President Vladimir Putin. It was Bout for Griner and no one else. In other words, the White House was not given the option of Bout for Whelan. Except…

That’s not what former news outlet NBC initially reported on Thursday morning [emphasis added]:

A senior U.S. official told NBC News that the U.S. government had sought to have both Griner and Whelan released as part of a swap with the Kremlin, which wanted the return of Viktor Bout, a Russian arms dealer who has served 11 years of a 25-year sentence in the U.S. But the official said Russia has treated Whelan differently because he is an accused spy, and that the Kremlin gave the White House the choice of either Griner or Whelan — or none.

So, a “senior U.S. official” is far-left NBC’s source that the White House freely chose a woman who’s been in prison for 10 months over a Marine who’s been in prison for more than four years.

But, later that same day, the good dogs at NBC News quietly edited away that inconvenient report without an explanation. Now the good dogs are telling us Russia never offered Whelan as an alternative to Griner: “…the Kremlin ultimately gave the White House the choice of Griner or no one after different options were proposed.”

NBC did add this sorry explanation:

CORRECTION: (Dec. 8, 2022, 4:09 p.m.): An earlier version of this article misstated the choice the Biden administration was given over hostages. It was to swap for Griner or no one, not a choice between Griner or Whelan.

That’s not an answer. Who misstated? NBC or its source? The article didn’t misstate anything. The article is incapable of misstating. The article did not write itself. Either NBC or NBC’s source misstated. Who was it? NBC won’t say because NBC is no longer a news agency.

But NBC sure is a good dog.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/202 ... ite-house/
Veritas
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

What country is ultimately responsible for Whelan’s release since he holds citizenship in four countries? As a reminder he was booted from the Corps for, “attempted larceny, three specifications of dereliction of duty, making a false official statement, wrongfully using another’s social security number, and ten specifications of making and uttering checks without having sufficient funds in his account for payment.” Meanwhile Xanax hasn’t brought up Marc Fogel once. -_-

- Doc