America First

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

America First

Post by Vēritās »

What a joke. An American is illegally detained in a hostile nation and President Biden is trying to negotiate for her release. Meanwhile, Donald "Americans First" Trump, goes to the media and insists he wouldn't try to help her at all (literally his job as President) because she "makes a lot of money" and she was "loaded up on drugs." In fact, she was detained for having a couple ounces of cannabis oil, which is legal in her home state.

Here we see Trump throwing America and Americans under the bus in defense of his beloved Putin.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Re: America First

Post by Hawkeye »

Why would Britney Griner want to come back to such a racist, patriarchal, homophobic, country like the US? Obama didn't care for Republicans detained abroad. Look back at Andrew Tahmooressi imprisoned because he made a wrong turn and found himself in Mexico with a gun on him.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Hawkeye wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:46 pm
Why would Britney Griner want to come back to such a racist, patriarchal, homophobic, country like the US? Obama didn't care for Republicans detained abroad. Look back at Andrew Tahmooressi imprisoned because he made a wrong turn and found himself in Mexico with a gun on him.
This is precisely the kind of response expected from Nazis orr MAGA Trumpers. Your hatred of black people, black women particularly, is palpable.

Did Obama lie like you and Trump just did? Tahmooressi didn't just "find himself with a gun in Mexico." He illegally transported numerous weapons including 400 rounds of ammunition across the border. "Wrong turn"! Yeah, right.

He also attempted to escape prison while awaiting his trial which only exacerbated the issue.
Last edited by Vēritās on Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Hawkeye wrote:
Oh, yes. These are completely similar circumstances.
Around 10:30 p.m. on March 31, 2014, Tahmooressi crossed the Mexico–United States border in his Ford F-150 truck with three loaded guns. Tahmooressi claims he was driving out of a parking lot with the intention of heading north but instead took a wrong turn and drove into the El Chaparral Port of Entry where Mexican custom inspectors examined his pickup truck and found more than 400 rounds of ammunition and three loaded guns: a .45 caliber pistol, a 12-gauge shotgun and a 5.56mm AR-15 assault rifle.

Tahmooressi was imprisoned in Tijuana's La Mesa Prison on illegal gun charges awaiting his trial. He was later moved to El Hongo Prison, Tecate after he attempted escape by climbing over a gate and heading up onto a roof, and then onto another one. He gave up when a guard opened fire, and an incident in which he slashed his neck with a broken light-bulb.

Tahmooressi first appeared in court May 28, 2014, but after Tahmooressi fired his first attorney the night before the hearing, which was postponed as a consequence. Tahmooressi was released from prison on Friday, October 31, 2014 after a judge in Tijuana ordered his immediate release, following pressure that U.S. politicians put on Mexico to release him, eight months after he was jailed. Tahmooressi flew back the same day in a private jet.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:01 pm
Hawkeye wrote:

Oh, yes. These are completely similar circumstances.

Around 10:30 p.m. on March 31, 2014, Tahmooressi crossed the Mexico–United States border in his Ford F-150 truck with three loaded guns. Tahmooressi claims he was driving out of a parking lot with the intention of heading north but instead took a wrong turn and drove into the El Chaparral Port of Entry where Mexican custom inspectors examined his pickup truck and found more than 400 rounds of ammunition and three loaded guns: a .45 caliber pistol, a 12-gauge shotgun and a 5.56mm AR-15 assault rifle.

Tahmooressi was imprisoned in Tijuana's La Mesa Prison on illegal gun charges awaiting his trial. He was later moved to El Hongo Prison, Tecate after he attempted escape by climbing over a gate and heading up onto a roof, and then onto another one. He gave up when a guard opened fire, and an incident in which he slashed his neck with a broken light-bulb.

Tahmooressi first appeared in court May 28, 2014, but after Tahmooressi fired his first attorney the night before the hearing, which was postponed as a consequence. Tahmooressi was released from prison on Friday, October 31, 2014 after a judge in Tijuana ordered his immediate release, following pressure that U.S. politicians put on Mexico to release him, eight months after he was jailed. Tahmooressi flew back the same day in a private jet.
Not only that, but he was later arrested for having actual pot whereas Griner was detained for having a couple ounces of cannabis oil.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Vēritās wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:34 pm
What a joke. An American is illegally detained in a hostile nation and President Biden is trying to negotiate for her release. Meanwhile, Donald "Americans First" Trump, goes to the media and insists he wouldn't try to help her at all (literally his job as President) because she "makes a lot of money" and she was "loaded up on drugs." In fact, she was detained for having a couple ounces of cannabis oil, which is legal in her home state.

Here we see Trump throwing America and Americans under the bus in defense of his beloved Putin.
There’s absolutely zero chance I’d trade a shootyhoops “star” for a man who is a literal killer and facilitates weapons to cartels and everything in between. To unleash that man back on the world would be a sin far greater than an American sportster doing time for breaking Russian law.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:12 pm
There’s absolutely zero chance I’d trade a shootyhoops “star” for a man who is a literal killer and facilitates weapons to cartels and everything in between. To unleash that man back on the world would be a sin far greater than an American sportster doing time for breaking Russian law.

I’m wondering a bit about how a guy aware that he’s carrying several weapons and several hundred rounds of ammunition manages to get within sight of a border crossing into Mexico, sees that, supposedly recognizes that it can’t be where he was headed, and then decides to drive into the border crossing checkpoint anyway.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:17 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:12 pm

I’m wondering a bit about how a guy aware that he’s carrying several weapons and several hundred rounds of ammunition manages to get within sight of a border crossing into Mexico, sees that, supposedly recognizes that it can’t be where he was headed, and then decides to drive into the border crossing checkpoint anyway.
I don’t know who that guy is outside what was just posted on this thread, but trading a sportsballer for Viktor Bout is obscene, immoral, and fantastically short-sighted. Biden is morally obligated to keep that psychopath in jail.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Agreed on Bout. There should be a better option for the trade.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:55 pm
Agreed on Bout. There should be a better option for the trade.
Me too. Maybe some future draft picks….
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.