America First

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor Steuss
God

Re: America First

Post by Doctor Steuss »

So, to recap, Biden has thus far been able to secure one of the two former US Marines arrested under Trump, that Trump was unable to get released.

Must've read Art of the Deal, or something.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:18 pm
What country is ultimately responsible for Whelan’s release since he holds citizenship in four countries? As a reminder he was booted from the Corps for, “attempted larceny, three specifications of dereliction of duty, making a false official statement, wrongfully using another’s social security number, and ten specifications of making and uttering checks without having sufficient funds in his account for payment.” Meanwhile Ajax18 hasn’t brought up Marc Fogel once. -_-

- Doc
Didn't Britney Griner plead guilty to domestic violence a few years back? I think we should be trying to free all Americans who are wrongfully detained abroad. What about the people Biden left behind in Afghanistan, or the 100s wrongfully detained right now that never make the news? Only people who rank high enough on the intersectional pyramid are worth, "the merchant of death." And Britney was given priority over a former marine by a systemically sexist and racist country that was so bad Britney Griner couldn't stand for the national anthem.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hawkeye wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:25 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:18 pm
What country is ultimately responsible for Whelan’s release since he holds citizenship in four countries? As a reminder he was booted from the Corps for, “attempted larceny, three specifications of dereliction of duty, making a false official statement, wrongfully using another’s social security number, and ten specifications of making and uttering checks without having sufficient funds in his account for payment.” Meanwhile Ajax18 hasn’t brought up Marc Fogel once. -_-

- Doc
Didn't Britney Griner plead guilty to domestic violence a few years back? I think we should be trying to free all Americans who are wrongfully detained abroad. What about the people Biden left behind in Afghanistan, or the 100s wrongfully detained right now that never make the news? Only people who rank high enough on the intersectional pyramid are worth, "the merchant of death." And Britney was given priority over a former marine by a systemically sexist and racist country that was so bad Britney Griner couldn't stand for the national anthem.
Why didn’t you care about this “Marine” from 2018 through 2020 when Trump could’ve negotiated his release? Why weren’t you stomping your feet for two years as Trump did nothing?

Oh. That’s right. You’re letting Breitbart and Fox fill your fart sac with outrage, and like a good little brainwashed zombie you’re regurgitating their agitprop. -_-

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Why didn’t you care about this “Marine” from 2018 through 2020 when Trump could’ve negotiated his release? Why weren’t you stomping your feet for two years as Trump did nothing?
You and the mainstream media would have been pushing to impeach Trump for giving up the merchant of death for Paul Whelan or anyone who voted right of center for that matter. Whereas Trump sought the release of all Americans, including Lonzo Ball, from a Democrat family, who was looking at 8 years of hard labor in China for shoplifting.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Hawkeye wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:28 pm
You and the mainstream media would have been pushing to impeach Trump for giving up the merchant of death for Paul Whelan or anyone who voted right of center for that matter. Whereas Trump sought the release of all Americans, including Lonzo Ball, from a Democrat family, who was looking at 8 years of hard labor in China for shoplifting.

You didn't answer the question. Why not? Because today's republicans are lying hypocrites who have no principles. When we prove it by asking you a simple question to explain your hypocrisy, all you do is deflect onto hypotheticals and say "Oh if that happened then you'd be all like XYZ." It truly is pathetic that this is all you have left.

The fact is Whelan was arrested under Trump and it made the news, but there is no evidence Trump ever once mentioned the guy's name. In fact, his family on Twitter just posted a scathing rebuke of Trump saying that the first time they've heard him even acknowledge Paul Whelan's existence is recently in the context of attacking Biden.
FjlqrVqVsAAkgWF.jpeg
FjlqrVqVsAAkgWF.jpeg (125.07 KiB) Viewed 492 times
fhbdfb.jpg
fhbdfb.jpg (45.73 KiB) Viewed 490 times
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hawkeye wrote:
There you go again creating a fantasy in your fart sac and then responding to it. Answer the question, you sniveling coward.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Hawkeye cares as much about that marine as he does anybody else other than himself.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:39 pm
Hawkeye cares as much about that marine as he does anybody else other than himself.
don't forget his daughter. She's very attractive.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Hawkeye wrote:
Whereas Trump sought the release of all Americans, including Lonzo Ball, from a Democrat family, who was looking at 8 years of hard labor in China for shoplifting.
All Americans, except for...

From a January 4, 2019 article in Foreign Policy
A president who takes pride in freeing U.S. detainees abroad has been strangely silent about Paul Whelan.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/01/04/White House ... in-russia/

Oh, and another marine, arrested during his presidency, that Biden was able to get released.

Probably a secret Muslim black lesbian Marxist Democrat welfare queen, or something.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:11 pm

"Other people question the idea of releasing an arms dealer into the world, of trading an infamous criminal who spreads death and war, for anyone. There’s no question Russia got the best of that deal. America got a woman who plays a sport no one watches. Russia got a death merchant capable of destabilizing entire countries to benefit his sponsor country."

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/202 ... ite-house/
Y'know, I've encountered something really strange. As we are coming up on its 2-year anniversary, I'm having trouble finding any old articles on Breitbart about Trump's agreement to release 5,000 al-Qaida loving Taliban terrorists in exchange for (*checks notes*) zero Americans.

Who got the best of that deal, I wonder?