Mar-A-Lago Legally Searched by FBI

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Mar-A-Lago Legally Searched by FBI

Post by Moksha »

Binger is right in that if treason and avarice are involved it will endear Trump to his base.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

That's Brian Entin. I mentioned him on your thread about NNN. He's based in Florida.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I know I should be adult about this but whoever did this...that's exactly how I feel about all of this right now. Photo in the article. I SO wish I could have done that! :lol:

Florida man taunts Trump by flying ‘Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha’ banner over Mar-a-Lago
https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/flori ... ar-a-lago/
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:00 am
Binger is right in that if treason and avarice are involved it will endear Trump to his base.
No liar. That is not what I said. Why do you insist on lying?
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

From what I've heard, Trump's legal defence will indeed be that he declassified all of it, or thought he did in good faith. It's noted that he doesn't have the power to declassify nuclear secrets.

What I can't decide is if those 29 boxes were targeted or random. At first I figured random, just grab a bunch of stuff to rummage through. He spends a little time weekly perusing what he has and matching that up with what he's learned of by listening to what people want while on then golf course. But now I wonder if he brought his work home -- continuing activities he was already knee deep in.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:09 am
That's Brian Entin. I mentioned him on your thread about NNN. He's based in Florida.
I have just watched the first half of that report, which states on the basis of testimony from a source said to be "very close to the investigation", that there were a significant number of documents classified as TS/SCI (Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information). There is a lot of online information available, some direct from government sources, but this on from Veterans.com sums it up fairly well:

What Is TS/SCI
The U.S. Department of Commerce official site reminds, “Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) is information about certain intelligence sources and methods.” SCI may involve details or other data about “sensitive collection systems, analytical processing, and targeting, or which is derived from it.”

Access to TS/SCI information is permitted on a need-to-know basis for those who have been awarded the appropriate security clearance level. For example, those with a need to know AND a Top Secret clearance may be authorized to view TS/SCI rated material, but someone with only a Secret or Confidential clearance would not.

There are instances of Secret-level classified SCI, those with the appropriate clearance would be authorized to view such material but those without approved clearance levels would be required to obtain them prior to being given access to SCI.

Access To TS/SCI and related material may require the completion of a separate non-disclosure agreement. The agreement on file from the initial security clearance investigation may not be sufficient.

TS/SCI Access is always determined by the need to know. Those who hold high clearances (such as Top Secret) are not automatically authorized to handle or view SCI, they must be granted access first.

Working with TS/SCI

Those who are granted access to TS/SCI material soon learn that SCI materials must be stored according to federal regulations in a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) that includes restricted access and different vetting procedures than for Controlled Area facilities. Even physical access to a location storing TS/SCI information requires prior approval.

And just to remind you: Trump stored TS/SCI material in a storeroom next to the swimming pool.

Clearly a man wholly devoted to keeping all Americans safe.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
¥akaSteelhead
Deacon

Post by ¥akaSteelhead »

There is going to be a lot of legal wrangling around the presidents ability to "declassify" documents, and the process thereof. Classified material for the most part is still considered classified until it has been remarked, and the knowledge of the declassification disseminated. Can a president ad-hoc declassify nuclear weapons related documents?

Regardless - there are other laws governing the releasing of "national defense" related documents independent of classification. One such 18 U.S. Code § 793 - Gathering, transmitting or losing defense information - I believe Trump himself signed into law.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/793

The big ?? one must ask "to what end did Trump take TS/SCI type nuclear weapon related documents into his possession?" and store them in such a slipshod manner.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Christ. This stinks of Trump treason again.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:10 pm
That means the Republican Senators will give him a standing ovation and then call for armed revolt.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:10 pm
Oh, did an anonymous source make an anonymous stench?