Mar-A-Lago Legally Searched by FBI

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Mar-A-Lago Legally Searched by FBI

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Half the problem for the public is Top Secret - Sensitive Compartmented Information should only be handled under the strictest of conditions in SCIFs (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities) or Temporary-SCIFs. Such locations are supposed to be impervious to eavesdropping, no electronic devices are allowed, and access is tightly controlled by multiple layers of physical and operational security. That’s how highly valued safeguarding TS-SCI is. It literally costs in the tens of billions each year to keep this information and intelligence secure. Only a select few are ever allowed to view SCI, and for good reason — people are the biggest problem in security, as we just witnessed.

I’m still processing the reality our President and/or members of his circle committed either espionage or were so careless with TS-SCI it literally boggles my mind. They knew how this stuff works, how tightly conteolled everything is, so it’s literally a matter of national security to get the DNI, FBI, and the DoJ aligned so we can put some asses in jail. If you guys knew, really knew, how many people we’ve put away for decades for comparatively petty crap you’d really understand just how egregious and serious the feds take this crap. People have to go to jail over this. Otherwise it’s a fuckin’ free-for-all when the benefits of espionage outweigh the risk.

edit: I italicized’ ‘compartmented’ to make a point. The government literally divvies up intel into different tiers related to well-reviewed criteria, and literally puts the information into different compartments. Secret material, if it can be helped, will have its own cabinet or drawer so it doesn’t get mixed up with Confidential or Unclassified material. They obviously do this digitally with layers of security, sometimes laying down a totally independent hard network that can’t be accessed via other channels. I’ve even seen additional networks, hardware and all, laid down for SAPs ( Special Access Programs) that I had to get designed, contracted, built, and blessed. Hell, I’m doing some OSINT (Open Source Intel) stuff that’s legal, but we still have to go through a secure site to communicate and submit reports, because they, the feds and its proxies, know that enough Unclassified bits put together will create a classified picture. This is very, very serious stuff, and the fact factions on the Right reacted this way is beyond bad. It IS bad. They’re the baddies, and they don’t even know it.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:36 pm
I’m still processing the reality our President and/or members of his circle committed either espionage or were so careless with TS-SCI it literally boggles my mind. They knew how this stuff works, how tightly conteolled everything is, so it’s literally a matter of national security to get the DNI, FBI, and the DoJ aligned so we can put some asses in jail. If you guys knew, really knew, how many people we’ve put away for decades for comparatively petty crap you’d really understand just how egregious and serious the feds take this crap. People have to go to jail over this. Otherwise it’s a fuckin’ free-for-all when the benefits of espionage outweigh the risk.
- Doc
One of the things that puzzles me is how Top Secret/Compartmentalized documents could be allowed outside for such a long period of time. I would really like to see the chain of possession on that.

And IF you take Trump at his word and believe that all of these documents have been declassified, then ANYONE can request then under the Freedom of Information Act. So as long as everyone is comfortable with the most sensitive Top Secret Compartmentalized information being shared with the rest of the world, then by all means believe that Trump can declassify anything.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:33 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:36 pm
- Doc
One of the things that puzzles me is how Top Secret/Compartmentalized documents could be allowed outside for such a long period of time. I would really like to see the chain of possession on that.

And IF you take Trump at his word and believe that all of these documents have been declassified, then ANYONE can request then under the Freedom of Information Act. So as long as everyone is comfortable with the most sensitive Top Secret Compartmentalized information being shared with the rest of the world, then by all means believe that Trump can declassify anything.
So definitely Alien Espionage Treason? Sounds really scary.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Morley wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:55 am
Nope, I don't.

I don't read or reply to everyone. When I do post, I try to only respond to what I think might be sincere arguments (I'm admittedly not always successful).
But there you are replying to first-class trolls. :roll:
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

Morley wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:55 am
Nope, I don't.

I don't read or reply to everyone. When I do post, I try to only respond to what I think might be sincere arguments (I'm admittedly not always successful).
doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:38 am

But there you are replying to first-class trolls. : roll:
As I said, admittedly I’m not always successful. For example, here I am replying to you.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Morley wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:24 am

As I said, admittedly I’m not always successful. For example, here I am replying to you.
Wouldn't it be better to have a conversation with me instead of making childish insults? Let me know when you're ready to make a sincere argument.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Gunnar wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:45 am
Or is it gazpacho time?
Marjorie Taylor Greene has the lowdown on the Gazpacho police. She says you can spot them by the high black leather boots, olive oil, garlic, vinegar, and assorted vegetables.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:33 am
Wouldn't it be better to have a conversation with me instead of making childish insults? Let me know when you're ready to make a sincere argument.
Childish insults? You called me out and I replied.

edit: Sure. Start a thread, make a case, and I'll see if I'm interested.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Binger wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:36 am
MeDotOrg wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:33 am

So definitely Alien Espionage Treason? Sounds really scary.
A Reddit comment on the damage releasing TS-SCI information to the world does to our security interests:
I work in software research for satellite systems and oh man, let me tell you what people learned from that one image he released.

Within hours of his tweet of the photo, amateur satellite trackers worked to identify when the photo was taken and which satellites could have taken it. Satellite orbit data is publicly available - even for classified satellites (it’s hard to hide a satellite orbiting earth). When classified satellites are built and launched, the public knows they exist but no one knows their purpose or capabilities (instruments, resolution, hardware, etc.). Amateurs estimated the time of the image to be between 1:30-2:30 in the afternoon and that narrowed it down to one specific satellite: USA-224, owned by the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO). This means that all foreign nations now know this particular satellite is used for Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) and that it has an electro-optical camera onboard.

Likewise, satellite image researchers set out to ascertain the resolution of the image. Satellite image resolution is stated as the ground distance covered by one pixel. There are multiple commercial players in the satellite image space, but Planet and Maxar are two of the biggest ones. Maxar has the highest resolution products that natively produce 30cm resolution (each pixel represents 30cm on the ground). Native resolution refers to the resolution of the camera on the satellite. Further, they apply machine learning super resolution to the images and achieve 15cm resolution, which is impressive!

Researchers estimate that the resolution of the image released by Trump is at least 10cm. That means USA-224 achieves at least 3x greater native resolution than the leading commercial product! You have to remember that this satellite was launched back in 2011 too.

Obviously, this isn’t information you want your adversaries to know. Now, they know this satellite has electro-optical capabilities, at what resolution it takes images, and its orbit which can be propagated over time.

Sources:

SpaceflightNow - https://spaceflightnow.com/2019/08/30/s ... aunch-pad/

Forbes - https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathanoc ... lites/amp/

Maxar - https://www.maxar.com/products/optical-imagery
Mark-ups are mine.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Michael Cohen thinks Trump wanted the documents as leverage against being charged, by threatening to sell them to the Saudis. That would be an alternative to his simply selling them for cash and would explain why he held onto them.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace