Mar-A-Lago Legally Searched by FBI

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Re: Mar-A-Lago Raided

Post by Binger »

honorentheos wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:43 pm
Questioning and undermining the credibility of institutions? Color me unsurprised.
Thanks for the reminder, honor.

Base your testimony on the facts and be open to the possibility of new information. Do not rely solely on the testimony of three witnesses who saw the facts with their spiritual eyes, for example. Neither should you rely solely on your feelings, except if you have been exhorted that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts. And when ye shall receive these things, if it be that you are exhorted that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost. And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

If you already know by the power of the Holy Ghost the truth of all things, then, by all means, ask no questions.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:35 pm
This is not about me, panny. But thanks for the reference.

I do not proudly brag that I don't vote. I accept your terms. I accept your conditions. I fully surrender to EVERYTHING related to voting in my district and state. I do not dissuade anyone from voting. I am not proud to not vote. I look forward to voting in elections that do not have vote by mail and drop boxes. Until the recent primary elections in my state, I have never missed or skipped an election (unless I was out of the country.) When voting by mail was ordered by executive fiat and by judges, I still voted one more time. I will never do that again. Thanks for pointing that out, panny.
You seem to be making this much more about you than anyone else is. : D

I am glad you agree on the real point, which is the credibility of the institutions in general.
Yep. Sorry that you are a bit late. I’m still wondering who will suddenly be persuaded by this ‘credibility’ argument, and to what end.

The credibility of the FBI is probably not something that can be recovered. That is sad to me. I remember spending a summer helping my mom take care of my newborn little sister when my dad was training at Quantico. I have met a lot of FBI people and had some in my home when I was a kid. I have good memories of that.
Thank you for more stories about you. Oorah.

But, here we are. The FBI just ignored the dudes and women that were banging kids on an island, went along with the Steele Dossier hoax, shrugged at a laptop full of evidence of collusion, and served a political hit for papers to put in an archive, allegedly. It is on the courts and the FBI now, good luck with that.
Actually, the politics might be more complex than what you are fixated on. From a Forbes article:

“The timing of the raid may have been related to an FBI rule that advises against “politically sensitive moves” within 90 days of an election, former prosecutor Elie Honig told CNN. The next election is on November 8, 92 days after the raid took place on Monday.”

Just clearing the way to force Trump to fish or cut bait, and to rumble with DeSantis, maybe.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:13 pm
It looks like there may be a push to use 18 U.S.C. § 2071 and its disqualification language to argue that Trump cannot run in 2024, if convicted of holding onto classified documents. The same argument was used against Clinton back in 2015 and shot down. Qualifications for president are constitutional and can't be changed by statute, only by amending the constitution. This snopes article lays out the arguments: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hilla ... qualified/
Hard to be President if you're in jail.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

It's just damned hilarious that anyone should think we'd feel intimidated by GOP threats of "political retribution." Every damned thing the GOP does is political. They don't govern; they haven't in years. They just put on a pathetic damned show for their gullible base. It's all politics. The GOP hasn't intellectually left high school. They still consider everything a popularity contest. They are pathetic panderers. It's all they know how to do.

It's like a fish threatening to swim. Oooooo, scary.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Binger arrives,.... "credibility of institutions"... some whataboutism about HC and Hunter.

Gee, pretty much a mirror image of what's being said at FOX.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Vēritās wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:11 pm
Binger arrives,.... "credibility of institutions"... some whataboutism about HC and Hunter.

Methinks that he’s missing another credibility issue much closer to home.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Vēritās wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:11 pm

But he never watches Fox (he said so, and why would he lie?), so we can be assured he came up with this nonsense all with his own little brain power. Amazing insight, even if they are exactly the same idiotic talking points all right-wingers got the memo on this week.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

The other thing that's hilarious is that GOP pols have to be banking on the idea that their base has forgotten/doesn't really understand one of their favorite rallying cries: "lock her up." If you mention "due process" to a Trump fan, you will receive the dead-eyed look of a chicken; no synapses are occurring behind those eyes. Like they really give a damn about due process.

I have to stop thinking about how stupid the GOP base is. It's incredibly depressing.

Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:24 pm
The other thing that's hilarious is that GOP pols have to be banking on the idea that their base has forgotten/doesn't really understand one of their favorite rallying cries: "lock her up." If you mention "due process" to a Trump fan, you will receive the dead-eyed look of a chicken; no synapses are occurring behind those eyes. Like they really give a damn about due process.

I have to stop thinking about how stupid the GOP base is. It's incredibly depressing.
You are confusing the point, aren't you? They did not lock her up. They did not send the FBI to raid her house. Are you just gagging on a FOX talking point here, or are you digging yourself out of hole, or what?
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:57 pm
Binger wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:35 pm
This is not about me, panny. But thanks for the reference.

I do not proudly brag that I don't vote. I accept your terms. I accept your conditions. I fully surrender to EVERYTHING related to voting in my district and state. I do not dissuade anyone from voting. I am not proud to not vote. I look forward to voting in elections that do not have vote by mail and drop boxes. Until the recent primary elections in my state, I have never missed or skipped an election (unless I was out of the country.) When voting by mail was ordered by executive fiat and by judges, I still voted one more time. I will never do that again. Thanks for pointing that out, panny.
You seem to be making this much more about you than anyone else is. : D

I am glad you agree on the real point, which is the credibility of the institutions in general.
Yep. Sorry that you are a bit late. I’m still wondering who will suddenly be persuaded by this ‘credibility’ argument, and to what end.

The credibility of the FBI is probably not something that can be recovered. That is sad to me. I remember spending a summer helping my mom take care of my newborn little sister when my dad was training at Quantico. I have met a lot of FBI people and had some in my home when I was a kid. I have good memories of that.
Thank you for more stories about you. Oorah.

But, here we are. The FBI just ignored the dudes and women that were banging kids on an island, went along with the Steele Dossier hoax, shrugged at a laptop full of evidence of collusion, and served a political hit for papers to put in an archive, allegedly. It is on the courts and the FBI now, good luck with that.
Actually, the politics might be more complex than what you are fixated on. From a Forbes article:

“The timing of the raid may have been related to an FBI rule that advises against “politically sensitive moves” within 90 days of an election, former prosecutor Elie Honig told CNN. The next election is on November 8, 92 days after the raid took place on Monday.”

Just clearing the way to force Trump to fish or cut bait, and to rumble with DeSantis, maybe.
So you agree that it was political? And if by chance it was not political, it is not too late to make it political? That is where you stand, panny?

You are damn sure not alone if that is your position. In fact, we agree!!!!!!!!!! I am with you!!!!!!!! It was either political from the get-go or it is political now or both. Wee panny and me agree!!!

The FBI, for generations, will be the men and women that break down doors for politicians and don't prosecute johns for politicians. If they want to be something else, it is time to step up. If they are fine with that reputation, we accept that too.