Mar-A-Lago Legally Searched by FBI

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Re: Mar-A-Lago Raided

Post by Morley »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:26 am
Pressure is on. He's really going to be forced to run now.
Binger wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:34 pm
DOJ must immediately explain the reason for its raid & it must be more than a search for inconsequential archives or it will be viewed as a political tactic and undermine any future credible investigation & legitimacy of January 6 investigations.
Unfortunately, both of these statements are true.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Oh look.

Remember how the FBI did not have any concerns about crime when ya know, the criminals were their clients and stuff? Looks like those conditions were accepted.
The Florida federal magistrate judge who signed off on a search warrant authorizing the FBI raid of former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort left the local US Attorney’s office more than a decade ago to rep employees of convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein who had received immunity in the long-running sex-trafficking investigation of the financier.

Sources tell The Post that Judge Bruce Reinhart approved the warrant that enabled federal agents to converge on the palatial South Florida estate on Monday in what Trump called an “unannounced raid on my home.”

Reinhart was elevated to magistrate judge in March 2018 after 10 years in private practice. That November, the Miami Herald reported that he had represented several of Epstein’s employees — including, by Reinhart’s own admission to the outlet, Epstein’s pilots; his scheduler, Sarah Kellen; and Nadia Marcinkova, who Epstein once reportedly described as his “Yugoslavian sex slave.”
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

meh, it doesn't matter what the department of justice offers as a reason, it will be rejected. Try to imagine ANY reason the DOJ gives that would be acceptable to A-Mike or Ajax. Make up the most extreme thing that you can think of -- nope, won't fly.

Oh wait, this is Florida. It would be hilarious if this ended up being the work of DeSantis.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:20 pm
Binger wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:10 pm

There is more in common than just a Republican president and your version of corruption.

If there is a concern about so-called highly classified documents and information, great. Make it known.
Looks like they made it known.

However, if in fact that is a legitimate concern and validation for a warrant, there better be a better explanation for Hillary's server and Hunter's laptop getting more than a wink and a giggle giggle giggle from the gaggle gaggle gaggle at the FBI.
Good times. Risotto recipes and drunk Hunter pics. Seems that there wasn’t much more with either, after the FBI took a look.

The FBI will now take a look at Trump and his 15 boxes of illegally retained docs, and maybe peek into a few more of his hidey-holes.

Perhaps the FBI is opting for consistency.
Your attempts at being relevant are noted, panny.

You are missing the point, panny.

The point is an important one. The credibility of the FBI was already in the crapper, and it looks like the FBI decided to make it a Woodstock '99 crapper. The credibility of the courts and judges who have protected the CIA and FBI is in question or also in the crapper. And some explaining is needed and it is needed quickly and promptly.

The FBI did not raid Hillary or Hunter's private residence and there was a hell of a lot more known evidence in those cases and a hell of a lot more of a cover up. So, great, send in the FBI and get some boxes for the national archives. I accept those terms. Trump seems to accept those terms. Republicans are saying, great, we accept those terms. Andrew Cuomo accepts those terms.

So now what?
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:37 pm
meh, it doesn't matter what the department of justice offers as a reason, it will be rejected. Try to imagine ANY reason the DOJ gives that would be acceptable to A-Mike or Ajax. Make up the most extreme thing that you can think of -- nope, won't fly.

Oh wait, this is Florida. It would be hilarious if this ended up being the work of DeSantis.
I'm not worried about Atlanticmike or Ajax; I think it needs to be a reason that someone like Romney would at least pause and think about before condemning it.

edit: And yes, the DeSantis scenario would be delicious.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:37 pm

You have this backwards and upside down and inside out, Gad. You could not possible twist this into as many opposites as you have here.

Mike and Hawk may not like it, but they appear to be accepting the new conditions as far as I can tell.

Make up the most extreme thing you can think of - you, Kevin and the rest of the conspiracy-conspiracy-believers will never ever ever see the other side of an argument, particularly one that involves Trump or Americans.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Morley wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:43 pm

I'm not worried about Atlanticmike or Ajax; I think it needs to be a reason that someone like Romney would at least pause and think about before condemning it.
Very interesting, Morley. Fascinating and interesting and a legitimate point indeed.

Romney is, on all accounts, very much in the Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger club. There is not much Romney, Cheney et al can ever say and do to change their reputations among the populists and the core of the GOP or everyday people in general. Similarly, there is not a set of circumstances or evidence that is likely to change Romney, Cheney and Kinzinger. They will always be DB's who want to look great and be part of the big giant GOP/Dem. machine.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:41 pm

The point is an important one.
Who will it be important to? MAGA fans? Liberals? Folks that had no problem with a half-dozen hearings being held in DC a half-decade ago just to drop a politician’s poll numbers? Folks as yourself who proudly brag that they don’t vote?

The point is, that we are well past ‘the point’ that you are suddenly perturbed about.

The credibility of the FBI was already in the crapper, and it looks like their FBI decided to make it a Woodstock '99 crapper.
The fellow running the FBI is a Trump appointee. Should we believe that Trump has led the FBI to this? Or should folks blame Hunter Biden’s laptop?
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:20 pm
Binger wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:41 pm

The point is an important one.
Who will it be important to? MAGA fans? Liberals? Folks that had no problem with a half-dozen hearings being held in DC a half-decade ago just to drop a politician’s poll numbers? Folks as yourself who proudly brag that they don’t vote?

The point is, that we are well past ‘the point’ that you are suddenly perturbed about.

The credibility of the FBI was already in the crapper, and it looks like their FBI decided to make it a Woodstock '99 crapper.
The fellow running the FBI is a Trump appointee. Should we believe that Trump has led the FBI to this? Or should folks blame Hunter Biden’s laptop?
This is not about me, panny. But thanks for the reference.

I do not proudly brag that I don't vote. I accept your terms. I accept your conditions. I fully surrender to EVERYTHING related to voting in my district and state. I do not dissuade anyone from voting. I am not proud to not vote. I look forward to voting in elections that do not have vote by mail and drop boxes. Until the recent primary elections in my state, I have never missed or skipped an election (unless I was out of the country.) When voting by mail was ordered by executive fiat and by judges, I still voted one more time. I will never do that again. Thanks for pointing that out, panny.

I am glad you agree on the real point, which is the credibility of the institutions in general. The credibility of the FBI is probably not something that can be recovered. That is sad to me. I remember spending a summer helping my mom take care of my newborn little sister when my dad was training at Quantico. I have met a lot of FBI people and had some in my home when I was a kid. I have good memories of that.

But, here we are. The FBI just ignored the dudes and women that were banging kids on an island, went along with the Steele Dossier hoax, shrugged at a laptop full of evidence of collusion, and served a political hit for papers to put in an archive, allegedly. It is on the courts and the FBI now, good luck with that.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Questioning and undermining the credibility of institutions? Color me unsurprised.