Mar-A-Lago Legally Searched by FBI

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Re: Mar-A-Lago Legally Searched by FBI

Post by Bret Ripley »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:46 am
Don’t you get tired of repeating lies?
If someone doesn't mind being consistently lied to and has the stamina to withstand their gullibility being regularly exposed, should we expect them to 'fade in the stretch' and tire of regurgitating their diet of crap sandwiches? Nay, say I, nay: what they lack in honesty and integrity they make up for with iron constitutions. It may be crap but let us give it its due: it is crap sternly borne.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:04 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:46 am
Don’t you get tired of repeating lies?
If someone doesn't mind being consistently lied to and has the stamina to withstand their gullibility being regularly exposed, should we expect them to 'fade in the stretch' and tire of regurgitating their diet of crap sandwiches? Nay, say I, nay: what they lack in honesty and integrity they make up for with iron constitutions. It may be crap but let us give it its due: it is crap sternly borne.
Perfection.
Once upon a midnight dreary, while Trump retweeted QAnon theories,

And rifled through his Adderall drawer—

T’was this a dream that stopped me with such a screech?

’Twas a knock upon my chamber door—

’Twas someone still a little sore,

Who made me scared of four years more,

Quoth the Orange Man “We ne’er lost before!”
- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:51 pm
This is full of speculation similar to your last three attempts to get Trump and his supporters. Are you ready to admit you were lied to for years about the Russian collusion hoax, the dossier, the FISA warrant, and every other scheme you've come with to beat a political opponent you couldn't beat in a fair election?

Nope, you're sicking the IRS on small buainessmen in a politically partisan manner just like Lois Lerner but worse.
I admit that there is no absolute proof that there was active collusion between the Russians and the Trump campaign, but there is no reasonable doubt whatsoever that Putin hated Hillary Clinton and desperately wanted Trump to win. That very fact that someone as undeniably evil as Putin wanted Trump to win should give any reasonable person a lot of pause! Nor can you honestly deny what Mueller confirmed in his report and other well documented evidence repeated here, and which you refuse to even consider:
Veritas wrote:The hoax that revealed ten impeachable crimes Trump committed but Mueller wouldn't indict because of a longstanding DOJ policy not to indict sitting Presidents? The Mueller investigation proved what most people with brains already knew. Trump violated his oath to the Constitution and committed numerous impeachable offenses. The only reason he wasn't convicted by Congress was because it needed 60 votes and Senate Republicans put party before country. They did this because they knew that idiots like you would interpret this as Trump winning or Trump being exonerated or whatever spin your preferred fake news sources gave you.

Then afterwards the Republican led Senate Intel report revealed the ties between Trump campaign and Russia went much deeper than we realized. Your idiotic logic says the trial against OJ Simpson was just a hoax because he was declared not guilty. But not guilty isn't even what Mueller was willing to say about Trump. He made it perfectly clear Trump had not been exonerated, but that didn't stop Bill Barr from immediately taking to the podium and explicitly lying about what the report said. In fact all the whining about the politicization of the justice dept is coming from the Right, who had absolutely no issues with Trump constantly trying to get the AG to do his bidding.

Of course we've told you this stuff about a thousand times over the past few years, but as with everything else, you don't care about facts or reality. You live in a made up vortex of Right Wing spin. It is who you are. It is a sad state for anyone to be in, but that's all part of being in the current cult.

Moreover, the idiotic infatuation with the Steele Dossier pretends that it was the basis for the investigation, which has been proven false time and time again. It also ignores the fact that it was originally funded by the Right Wing Washington Freebeacon.
You can't deny that it looks very bad for Trump unless you are deliberately lying, or willfully ignorant!

Try to honestly consider the following that I highlighted from the provided link.
Ask yourself this: What legitimate reason could Donald Trump possibly have to take to Mar-a-Lago what’s known in spy world as SIGINT or signals intelligence? Our National Security Agency silently gathers SIGINT from telephone calls, emails and heavily encrypted electronic messaging. No private citizen has any business holding such records.
It’s hard to imagine any other reason Trump would take from the White House government documents so vital to our national security that authorized officials can examine them only in a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility or SCIF (pronounced skiff). The same holds for even talking about them. These are documents that Trump has no intellectual capacity to understand and no conceivable legitimate reason to possess.
Clearly, Donald Trump had no right to take any national security documents. He is now just another private citizen. His possession of these secrets is a federal felony. Prosecution is necessary if he held such documents, especially if any evidence exists showing Trump tried to sell out America for profit.
That 2019 congressional investigation, cited above, showed that Saudi Arabia was trying to buy our nuclear secrets. Astonishingly Trump wasn’t alarmed about this. Indeed, the report indicates that Trump viewed our relationship with that country entirely in financial terms, just as he does everything else.
I ask you again, if all this evidence is really as incontrovertible as it seems to be, would you be willing to consider at least the possibility that you were wrong about Trump and that he really is the danger to our country that most (and I emphasize most) Americans now consider him to be?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

We should also keep in mind that even if none of the massive number of government documents seized by the FBI under that legal search warrant were actually classified, Trump still broke the law just by taking them to his home and retaining them.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:52 pm
I ask you again, if all this evidence is really as incontrovertible as it seems to be, would you be willing to consider at least the possibility that you were wrong about Trump and that he really is the danger to our country that most (and I emphasize most) Americans now consider him to be?
Gunnar, Gunnar, Gunnar... Don't you realize you're asking ajax to tell the truth?

Come on, man. You can't ask a pig to fly.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Gunnar wrote:
I admit that there is no absolute proof that there was active collusion between the Russians and the Trump campaign, …

Not that folks could be blamed for wondering, after Don Jr, Jared and Manafort literally met with a handful of Russians in a hotel room, with the admitted intention of ‘getting dirt on Clinton’.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

canpakes wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:56 pm
Gunnar wrote:
I admit that there is no absolute proof that there was active collusion between the Russians and the Trump campaign, …

Not that folks could be blamed for wondering, after Don Jr, Jared and Manafort literally met with a handful of Russians in a hotel room, with the admitted intention of ‘getting dirt on Clinton’.
Excellent point! I almost forgot about that. Really, when you think about it, some of the best evidence of their wrongdoing inadvertently comes from their own mouths and actions. Sometimes it's as if they think that if they make little or no attempt to hide their dishonesty and corruption, that makes it somehow forgivable or un prosecutable.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

The FBI Director role has been almost entirely headed by Republicans for 50 years going back to J. Edgar Hoover. 86 if you count Hoover, who was also a Republican. And Hoover was an actual certifiable monster compared to everyone that followed.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

canpakes wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:56 pm
Gunnar wrote:

Wondering is fine. Wiretapping the Trump campaign and knowingly using false documents like the dossier to get warrants is weaponizing the justice department against a political opponent.

My question is why did they wait 565 days after Trump left office if this were such an urgent national security issue? Because your Jan 6 committee hasn't moved the poll numbers caused by the catastrophic consequences of democrat rule to the economy foreign affairs, crime? Perhaps Merrick Garland going after "domestic terrorists" Mom's and Dad's who dare to speak against Ibram X. Kenadi style reverse racism in a school board meeting hasn't worked out so well according to the poll numbers nor the VA gubernatorial race. Would Democrats back off and consider changing their unpopular left wing fanatical policies. Nope, they're just going to try to censor and criminalize anyone who disagrees with their worldview and biases.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:28 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Gunnar, Gunnar, Gunnar... Don't you realize you're asking ajax to tell the truth?

Come on, man. You can't ask a pig to fly.
Or, apparently, ask ajax to admit to the possibility of being mistaken about certain things, especially about Trump. It's really sad!

I'll leave it to someone else to point out once again how vanishingly little the infamous dossier actually figured in the well substantiated Mueller Report conclusions about Russia's massive and still continuing efforts to influence and derail American elections on Trump's behalf, whether or not Trump actually colluded with them in those efforts.
Last edited by Gunnar on Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:19 am, edited 3 times in total.