Mar-A-Lago Legally Searched by FBI

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
huckelberry
God

Re: Mar-A-Lago Legally Searched by FBI

Post by huckelberry »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:11 am
Do you believe the Democrats waited 565 days to retrieve documents that were going to get the US attacked and conquered by Russia or China? This doesn't even mention the fact that they could have gotten all that and more fom Hillary Clinton's server if they wanted.
This is the first time I have heard any consideration of such an extreme possibility. (I guess Trump's action is supposed to be ok if it does not start nuclear war.) Perhaps if I watched more fox I would have heard this extreme diversion of attention.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Mar-A-Lago Raided

Post by Res Ipsa »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:15 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:13 pm
It looks like there may be a push to use 18 U.S.C. § 2071 and its disqualification language to argue that Trump cannot run in 2024, if convicted of holding onto classified documents. The same argument was used against Clinton back in 2015 and shot down. Qualifications for president are constitutional and can't be changed by statute, only by amending the constitution. This snopes article lays out the arguments: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hilla ... qualified/
By this reasoning, could Trump serve as president from a federal penitentiary?
I think that’s a questioned to be answered by Republican Congresscritters.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:36 pm
Well, there certainly are some interesting critters with bizarre answers to things.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:24 pm
The Democrats don't want the truth about the Russia collusion hoax to get out. Trump didn't want to allow them to bury those documents forever
So the truth about collusion with Russia was in Trumps possession and not Democrats? Twice odd, first Trump could and reasonable should have made that truth public when he was president. How would Trump document the collusion when he was not doing it?

I for one doubt there was any collusion, The truth is visible for all of us, Russia helped Trump on their own initiative because they figured he would be a bad influence on the US and Putin had reason to dislike Hlllary.

Of course in that sense Trump did make it all public by being President.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:59 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:36 pm
Well, there certainly are some interesting critters with bizarre answers to things.
Amen.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump- ... 022-08-13/
A lawyer for former U.S. President Donald Trump signed a statement in June that said all classified material held in boxes at Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence had been returned to the government, the New York Times reported on Saturday.
So, someone stole these classified documents.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
¥akaSteelhead
Deacon

Post by ¥akaSteelhead »

And now there is evidence of the obstruction
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/13/us/p ... l-fbi.html
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

huckelberry wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:35 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:11 am
Do you believe the Democrats waited 565 days to retrieve documents that were going to get the US attacked and conquered by Russia or China? This doesn't even mention the fact that they could have gotten all that and more fom Hillary Clinton's server if they wanted.
This is the first time I have heard any consideration of such an extreme possibility. (I guess Trump's action is supposed to be ok if it does not start nuclear war.) Perhaps if I watched more fox I would have heard this extreme diversion of attention.
Obama still hasn't digitized as he promised the 30 million pages he took to chicago after leaving office. LBJ's library took over 40 years to make public his secret tapes. Of course as president Obama can declassify anything for whtever he wants. But so can Trump.

A lot of things are classified because it's embarrassing to the party in power classifying them, not because they are a security threat.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:48 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:35 pm

Obama still hasn't digitized as he promised the 30 million pages he took to chicago after leaving office. LBJ's library took over 40 years to make public his secret tapes. Of course as president Obama can declassify anything for whtever he wants. But so can Trump.
No they can't. Whataboutism isn't going to save Trump, no matter how much he lies about the supposed correlations with Hillary or Obama.
A lot of things are classified because it's embarrassing to the party in power classifying them, not because they are a security threat.
You're ignorant as all get out and you're just pushing the fox noise excuse from day one. Only the dumbest fool would sit there and downplay classified materials especially those classified to the highest degree because they're so friggin sensitive that they cannot even be opened outside a secure facility where a select few are privy to them.

The fact is Trump stole these documents and he lied about having them. The fact is Trump didn't declassify these documents and he likely couldn't even if he had thought to do that before leaving office. The fact is Trump likely intended to make money from these documents whether it be selling them at future auctions to his idiot worshippers or just flat out selling them to America's enemies, who frequent his resort regularly. the fact is people like you are traitors to this country for making excuses and accepting the lame excuses by a guy who spent his entire life as a con artist.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

So, so true. Every time something crazy with trump happens social media is silent until they have a chance to see FOX tell them how they're supposed to think about it.
299138322_10160345428926520_5264822390912945481_n.jpg
299138322_10160345428926520_5264822390912945481_n.jpg (25.41 KiB) Viewed 186 times
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18