Mar-A-Lago Legally Searched by FBI

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: Mar-A-Lago Legally Searched by FBI

Post by Gunnar »

Binger wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:58 pm
Did you ask about the Steele Dossier and Hunter's laptop?
Enough with the Steele Dossier already! As has been already pointed out to you, that dossier could not in any way have been part of the basis for the Mueller Report, which conclusively determined that Russia did indeed interfere with U.S. elections on Trump's behalf, whether or not there was active collusion between the Russians and Trump's campaign.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:44 pm
canpakes wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:19 pm
Were they in that same room at Mar-a-Lago, too, or are you just not able to track with the conversation?
Wait a minute?

I did not make that connection.

Indeed, there’s no connection. Thank you for confirming that you were just not tracking with the conversation.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:53 pm
Binger wrote:

Wait a minute?

Indeed, there’s no connection. Thank you for confirming that you were just not tracking with the conversation.
Oh look. You edited my post. Hi moderator!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Binger wrote:
Then why did you even bring it up? The Steel Dossier, whether it has any real credibility or not, has no demonstrable connection to anything
related to the main topic of this thread, or even to the well-established Mueller conclusion of Russian interference in American elections and politics.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:29 am
Binger wrote:
Then why did you even bring it up?
Distraction is pretty much all that he has.

Time for a split, I guess. : D
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

canpakes wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:42 am
Gunnar wrote:

Then why did you even bring it up?
Distraction is pretty much all that he has.
Indeed! That has long been almost painfully obvious!
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Gunnar wrote:
Binger wrote:
Then why did you even bring it up? The Steel Dossier, whether it has any real credibility or not, has no demonstrable connection to anything
related to the main topic of this thread, or even to the well-established Mueller conclusion of Russian interference in American elections and politics.
Your problem must be with someone else. I brought it up in response to Docky, who had been discussing the Russia Hoax with someone.

Gunnar though. Seriously. Do you think Trump had nuclear secrets in some boxes at Mar A Lago?
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Binger wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:41 am
Gunnar wrote:

Your problem must be with someone else. I brought it up in response to Docky, who had been discussing the Russia Hoax with someone.

According to the Mueller Report's conclusions, it is not a hoax that Russia did indeed interfere with the elections on Trump's behalf. It is less certain whether Trump's active collusion with Russia is a hoax. Whether or not there was active collusion, there is no reasonable doubt that he welcomed the results of that interference.
Gunnar though. Seriously. Do you think Trump had nuclear secrets in some boxes at Mar A Lago?
Based on what has been reported so far, I think it is more likely than not, but I will reserve final judgement on that until after the investigation is complete. Do you have any doubt that Trump would have attempted to profit from that, if true, and he thought he could get away with it? If so, you are hopelessly delusional and just haven't been paying attention the last few years!
Last edited by Gunnar on Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:09 am
Binger wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:41 am

According to the Mueller Report, it is not a hoax that Russia did indeed interfere with the elections on Trump's behalf. It is less certain whether Trump's active collusion with Russia is a hoax.
I think it is more likely than not, but I will reserve final judgement on that until after the investigation is complete.
Okay. This is funny. So you believe most likely, or more likely, that Trump had the nuclear secrets on some papers and that the FBI and DOJ knew it and waited 19 months to go get them.

And this is based on an anonymous source, correct?

Okay. Great.

But you are reserving some judgment. Also great.

In the meantime, the rest of the non-cult Trump conspiracy believers are like, “Whaaaaaa?”

And also,
Between the polls on August 7 to 9 — before the raid — and August 13 to 16 and — after the raid, Republican enthusiasm for voting in this year’s midterm election went from only 45 percent to 51 percent.
Oh man. Ouch. I am a liberal and last time I voted I was a registered Democrat. My enthusiasm is 0 percent.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

"Steel Dossier" and "Russian Hoax" have been mentioned more than 2,000 cumulative times at FOX News and always in a disparaging, mocking context.

But Binger lies about not watching FOX. He wants us to believe this stuff just comes to him naturally via osmosis. Because, he voted for Bernie. Which is why he's gloating about the ousting of Cheney. Because he's an "independent," who ignorantly quotes a hyper-conservative geriatric blog as proof he's not alone in his ignorance.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18