Why the GOP embraces conspiracy theories and denialism

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Re: Why the GOP embraces conspiracy theories and denialism

Post by Binger »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:14 pm
TL;DR

Will someone who read that article be so kind as to summarize it for me?
No problem.

About 25 years ago, Newt Gingrich said some stuff. And then Republicans went, "whaaaaaaa?" And so then they all started believing kooky stuff and only kooky stuff.

And then the democrats said, "oh my gosh. Look at those republicans. They believe in God and they hate pedophiles and we have more black voters than them because they are racist AF."

And now, people don't even trust the FBI and DOJ anymore and that is bad. And some people even think that other agencies are just BS. But the democrats love the government because it loves them and it loves to love the climate. But the republicans are worshiping a Q and they don't trust these agencies.

Democrats good. Republicans bad. Democrats know that the republicans worship Q and the republicans are just, ya know, whatever - the FBI and the DOJ suck. Whatever.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:39 pm
Hi panny. You should empty your bucket soon.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/07/26/ ... ology/amp/
Oops. You didn’t read past the first paragraph or so, did you?
; )

Per the account of the incident:

“Use of this term is prohibited under our Hateful Conduct policy when it is used as a descriptor, in context of discussion of gender identity.

Context, my friend. A phrase including the word was banned when used as an insult. The same rule applies with a lot of words in a lot of places, including here. Yet, the word, ‘groomer’, in and of itself, is not banned.

That bucket that you’re looking at is yours, and it is very full.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr. Shades wrote:
TL;DR

The Public Religion Research Institute found that 23% of Republicans agree that, quote, "the government, media and financial worlds in the U.S. are controlled by a group of Satan-worshipping pedophiles who run a global child-sex trafficking operation," unquote.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Dr. Shades wrote:
TL;DR

The interview makes for good listening.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Binger wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:55 pm
Has Garland done that?
"The Department filed the motion to make public the warrant and receipt in light of the former president's public confirmation of the search, the surrounding circumstances and the substantial public interest in this matter," Garland said. "Faithful adherence to the rule of law is the bedrock principle of the Justice Department and of our democracy. Upholding the rule of law means applying the law evenly without fear or favor. Under my watch, that is precisely what the Justice Department is doing."
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:33 pm
Binger wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:39 pm
Hi panny. You should empty your bucket soon.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/07/26/ ... ology/amp/
; )

“Use of this term is prohibited under our Hateful Conduct policy when it is used as a descriptor, in context of discussion of gender identity.

Context, my friend. A phrase including the word is banned when used as an insult. The same rule applies with a lot of words in a lot of places, including here. Yet, the word, ‘groomer’, in and of itself, is not banned.

Oh. You can say groomer but you can't call someone a groomer. What if the person is a groomer, can you call them one?

Jesus Effing Christ.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:50 pm
canpakes wrote:
; )

Context, my friend. A phrase including the word is banned when used as an insult. The same rule applies with a lot of words in a lot of places, including here. Yet, the word, ‘groomer’, in and of itself, is not banned.

Oh. You can say groomer but you can't call someone a groomer. What if the person is a groomer, can you call them one?

Jesus Effing Christ.

Try it out on Twitter. Return, and report.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

honorentheos wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:48 pm
Binger wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:55 pm
Has Garland done that?
"The Department filed the motion to make public the warrant and receipt in light of the former president's public confirmation of the search, the surrounding circumstances and the substantial public interest in this matter," Garland said. "Faithful adherence to the rule of law is the bedrock principle of the Justice Department and of our democracy. Upholding the rule of law means applying the law evenly without fear or favor. Under my watch, that is precisely what the Justice Department is doing."
Oh. So when will he explain the warrant?
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:51 pm
Binger wrote:

Jesus Effing Christ.

Try it out on Twitter. Return, and report.
Exactly, dummy. Exactly.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Binger wrote:
canpakes wrote:

; )

Jesus Effing Christ.
How would you use it, Culty?