Why the GOP embraces conspiracy theories and denialism

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Why the GOP embraces conspiracy theories and denialism

Post by Dr. Shades »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:57 am
Moved on since Hearts of Iron?
I haven't played that in nearly 10 years.
As far as context for the photo, you had an entire interview transcript.
Which was too long.
To understand Cams point takes more than knowing about the nature of the photo.
Does it take more than knowing what was said at this link?
I bet you $100 you do not actually understand Cam's point beyond a very superficial level.
Even after reading what was said at the above link?
You may in fact be more poorly informed than before your initial inquiry due to having drawn conclusions based on what's been shared in this thread outside the opening post.
Then why wasn't accurate information shared?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:04 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:57 am
Moved on since Hearts of Iron?
As far as context for the photo, you had an entire interview transcript.
Which was too long.
To understand Cams point takes more than knowing about the nature of the photo.
I bet you $100 you do not actually understand Cam's point beyond a very superficial level.
You may in fact be more poorly informed than before your initial inquiry due to having drawn conclusions based on what's been shared in this thread outside the opening post.
Information can be accurate and leave a person with a false sense of understanding. If you aren't able to consume information on long formats, you are very likely overconfident in how well you understand subjects you are only nibbling at. Most of what you assume to be understanding came from your prior beliefs and biases. You cannot extrapolate the universe out of a crumb of cake. You can project your imagined universe out from said crumb, though.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

honorentheos wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:05 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:04 pm

Which was too long.

Information can be accurate and leave a person with a false sense of understanding. If you aren't able to consume information on long formats, you are very likely overconfident in how well you understand subjects you are only nibbling at. Most of what you assume to be understanding came from your prior beliefs and biases. You cannot extrapolate the universe out of a crumb of cake. You can project your imagined universe out from said crumb, though.
hono, are you "a person" or are you above all this?
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

Binger wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:10 pm
Brack wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:02 pm

One of the most prominent election denier to win her GOP Primary is Kari Lake in Arizona here. She is a former news anchor, and she is now the GOP Nominee for Governor in this state. I'm a register Independent in this state, and I voted for her main GOP opponent in the GOP Primary. (AZ Independents are allowed to vote either in the GOP Primary or in the DEM Primary.) But the majority of GOP voters wanted the Trump-endorsed candidate who fully embraced his big lie. I will have to vote against her again in the general election by voting for the Dem candidate Katie Hobbs. Link
Would you vote for Stacy Abrams or Hillary? They were much better election deniers. Way way way better.

I never voted for Stacy Abrams or Hillary. I know that Abrams is running for Governor in Georgia again, but I don't really care if she wins or not. Georgia is over 2,000 miles away from me. I don't want alt-right conspiracy theorist Kari Lake as my Governor. And Lake is about a big of an election denier as one can get. Link
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Brack wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:30 pm
Binger wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:10 pm

Would you vote for Stacy Abrams or Hillary? They were much better election deniers. Way way way better.

I never voted for Stacy Abrams or Hillary. I know that Abrams is running for Governor in Georgia again, but I don't really care if she wins or not. Georgia is over 2,000 miles away from me. I don't want alt-right conspiracy theorist Kari Lake as my Governor. And Lake is about a big of an election denier as one can get. Link
In your opinion, Kari Lake is a “bigger” election denier than Abrams and Clinton?

Wow! Okay.

And Lake is “alt-right”?

What conspiracies does she theorize?
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

She believes Donald Trump and DeSantis are both full of BDE. Do you agree with her? You said you went to a Trump rally. Did you feel his BDE? If so, I guess there's some evidence, otherwise this sounds like baseless theorizing.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

honorentheos wrote:
By “you,” do you mean me personally, or do you mean the royal “you?”
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:25 pm
She believes Donald Trump and DeSantis are both full of BDE. Do you agree with her? You said you went to a Trump rally. Did you feel his BDE? If so, I guess there's some evidence, otherwise this sounds like baseless theorizing.
I did go to the Carson City rally, yes. And I would never describe it as dick energy, no. The thought never ever crossed my mind.

So Lake conspires and theorizes that two men have big * energy. Do you think this candidate will win or will a * win? Sounds like one of our forum members is not a fan of Lake even though Hillary and Abrams are better deniers for sure.

*[light edit for some terminology that is a touch too salty for SP - cp]
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:31 pm
honorentheos wrote:
By “you,” do you mean me personally, or do you mean the royal “you?”
People in general. Which includes you.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

honorentheos wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:26 pm
People in general. Which includes you.
Oh.

Thank you for telling me something I already knew.