Re: Mar-A-Lago Legally Searched by FBI

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:16 am
canpakes wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:58 pm

Because they ran against different opponents, in two entirely different elections?

It’s probably a good thing that you don’t vote, given your awareness (or lack) of such things.
Panny, am I allowed to respond to this?

Why not?

Responding, in and of itself, is never a problem. How one responds might be.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:17 am
Binger wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:16 am

Panny, am I allowed to respond to this?

Why not?

That is a lie.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:28 am
canpakes wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:17 am

Why not?

That is a lie.

OK. I seem to have short-circuited one of your rants by cutting to the truth.

You can post anything that you want as long as that post meets the board rules. To try to claim anything other than that is (as pointed out before) to push a conspiracy that all 3 mods and Shades are keeping you from posting. Meanwhile, you practically have one ‘kingdom’ all to yourself where the volume and content of your posts plainly illustrates your freedom to post, and the choices that you’ve made with that freedom. So, any lie traded here between us is yours.

That said, do you have an answer to your own question, which is:
Why do you think people on the right vote for Trump, Gad?

Why do you think Trump got more votes than Romney?
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:23 pm
Binger wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:42 pm

Great questions, though no one really believes you're interested in discussing them.

There is no single reason why people vote for Trump, but from what I've gathered speaking to various Trump supporters they do so for one or more of the following reasons:

1. "But Hillary...but Biden..." Millions have been conditioned to hate Democrats so much that they'd vote for a slice of cheese if it had an (R) after it.
2. Trump made racism great again, and all the closet racists started crawling out of the woodworks thinking that for the first time in their lives they have someone looking out for them and their racist fear of immigrants. This isn't just speculation it is a fact proven by the fact that Trump was a nobody for years until his racist anti-Mexican speech caused his number to skyrocket.
3. In the first election there were some who thought it would be a good idea to have a non-politician disrupt Washington like a bull in a China shop. I think those are the folks who didn't vote for him in 2020 because they realized they got more than they bargained for.

In 2012 Romney got 47.2% of the votes while Trump got 41.1% in 2016. In 2020 Trump only got 46.7% of the vote. Romney probably would have beaten Biden in 2020, and I wouldn't feel bad about it because at least Romney believes his own B.S. and has a sense of duty.
In my opinion the worst of these reasons is number 2. I was so encouraged by the election of Obama because I took it as evidence that the USA had really made significant progress in finally putting widespread racist and other kinds of bigotry behind us. I am heartbroken by how easily Trump was able to reawaken the latent bigotry that I had thought and hoped were seriously on the wane.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:42 am
Binger wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:28 am

That is a lie.

OK. I seem to have short-circuited one of your rants by cutting to the truth.

You can post anything that you want as long as that post meets the board rules. To try to claim anything other than that is (as pointed out before) to push a conspiracy that all 3 mods and Shades are keeping you from posting. Meanwhile, you practically have one ‘kingdom’ all to yourself where the volume and content of your posts plainly illustrates your freedom to post, and the choices that you’ve made with that freedom. So, any lie traded here between us is yours.

That said, do you have an answer to your own question, which is:

More lies.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:11 am
More lies.

Folks can figure out easily enough who’s telling the truth.

Anyhow, cat got your tongue on that question?

Binger
God

Post by Binger »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:19 am
Binger wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:11 am
More lies.

Typical from you, panny. They can’t figure it out because you are the gatekeeper. You lie.

Were I to load questions with insults and presuppositions they would be disallowed.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Vēritās wrote:
Binger wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:42 pm

Great questions, though no one really believes you're interested in discussing them.

There is no single reason why people vote for Trump, but from what I've gathered speaking to various Trump supporters they do so for one or more of the following reasons:

1. "But Hillary...but Biden..." Millions have been conditioned to hate Democrats so much that they'd vote for a slice of cheese if it had an (R) after it.
Another way to say this is that people chose Trump over the D candidate, no matter what. The same is true about voters that choose Biden and Hillary over an R candidate no matter what.
Vēritās wrote:
2. Trump made racism great again, and all the closet racists started crawling out of the woodworks thinking that for the first time in their lives they have someone looking out for them and their racist fear of immigrants. This isn't just speculation it is a fact proven by the fact that Trump was a nobody for years until his racist anti-Mexican speech caused his number to skyrocket.
This is a bald faced lie or bold faced lie or whatever. This is you believing conspiracies.

If you are trying to say that illegal immigration at the border between the US and Mexico was a factor, that is a valid point. Your conspiracy, however, is just like your conspiracy man.
Vēritās wrote:
3. In the first election there were some who thought it would be a good idea to have a non-politician disrupt Washington like a bull in a China shop. I think those are the folks who didn't vote for him in 2020 because they realized they got more than they bargained for.

In 2012 Romney got 47.2% of the votes while Trump got 41.1% in 2016. In 2020 Trump only got 46.7% of the vote. Romney probably would have beaten Biden in 2020, and I wouldn't feel bad about it because at least Romney believes his own BS and has a sense of duty.
What were the total votes cast for candidates?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:55 am
canpakes wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:19 am

Typical from you, panny. They can’t figure it out because you are the gatekeeper. You lie.

Nope. Your claim would imply that I single-handedly control the board. : D

Nice conspiratorial thinking, though.

Were I to load questions with insults and presuppositions they would be disallowed.

And here’s where your hypothetical situation ends up proving my point with your confirmation that the issue isn’t responding in and of itself, as opposed to the nature or content of the response.

Like I said, it’s easy enough for folks to figure out who’s lying about things. Easier still when you outright admit to it.

Anyhow …

What are your answers? Cat still got your tongue?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:11 am
Vēritās wrote:
This is a bald faced lie or bold faced lie or whatever. This is you believing conspiracies.

For someone so unwilling to give his own answer to the question, you seem quite certain that absolutely no one voted for Trump because of their own racist attitudes towards immigrants.