Re: Mar-A-Lago Legally Searched by FBI

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Re: From: “Mar-a-Lago legally searched …” - Why do folks vote for Trump?

Post by Binger »

Gad is, so far, the only poster to make an intelligent contribution. Thanks, Gad.

I don’t track all the wrestling references, but I follow your points and they are valid. I think a valid art production to include would be The Sopranos. The Shield and The Wire start with the authority breaking bad. Tony becomes the authority.

I have been to a Trump rally and it is as big of a show as Springsteen and AC/DC. Your points are valid.

If I insult panny here will he move this conversation to prison or does he insist on having control of the content?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:37 pm
Gad is, so far, the only poster to make an intelligent contribution. Thanks, Gad.
It’s a shame that you won’t try to do the same.

If I insult panny here will he move this conversation to prison or does he insist on having control of the content?
Hey, there are presuppositions in there. : D

Anyway, why do you think that folks voted for Trump, Binger?

Bonus question, Binger: is it not possible that more than one person voted for Trump because of their own racist attitudes towards immigrants?
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

True story.

I've been upstairs all morning on the computer and my wife was downstairs speaking to a client on speaker phone. It is a guy we've known for years who uses us to flip houses occasionally. He's an Italian guy who moved here from South Florida about six years ago but he's originally from NYC. As I'm listening to them converse (my wife always has speaker phone on full blast) I can hear him asking her about how he needs to deal with his house that he's about to lease to a family, in terms of how he has to pay taxes on it. He proceeded to explain to her that he didn't even understand how the government would even find out he was leasing it. "But how would they know" is the question he asked at least three times before he started whining about how we're in "terrible times right now." Of course you have to report these things when you file your taxes but he said he wasn't going to do that. Then he started talking about the state of the country as if we're on the edge of collapse! My wife went along with him on that point talking about the issues between China and Taiwan, and then he started going off about how "the President has dementia." He also started moaning about how Biden is hiring 87,000 IRS agents and "they're going to coming after everyone."

I just rolled my eyes thinking, yeah, the reason we need more IRS agents is because of people like this guy who are constantly cheating on their taxes.

I figured he was a Trumper just from idiotic quips he makes every time I see him. He's always whining about government overreach and illegal immigration. Meanwhile he owns several houses that were paid for by his Philippine wife who inherited her money., and he's constantly hiring our Latino workers to renovate his properties so he can get wealthier. Seriously, we can't even talk about sports without him veering into some kind of political rant, whether it be Trump saving College football or the NFL being anti-American by allowing people to kneel during the anthem.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:08 pm
He also started moaning about how Biden is hiring 87,000 IRS agents and "they're going to coming after everyone."

This is the latest bogus talking point from the right-hand side of the aisle. There is no plan to hire 87K agents.

All of the requested funds for the IRS would need to be spent on new hires to achieve that, leaving few dollars left to add or update systems or facilities, or purchase equipment for new hires, train them or even provide the desk space for them. : D
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:17 pm
Vēritās wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:08 pm
He also started moaning about how Biden is hiring 87,000 IRS agents and "they're going to coming after everyone."

This is the latest bogus talking point from the right-hand side of the aisle. There is no plan to hire 87K agents.
Damn, you're right. I just fact checked it. I just assumed it was probably true because I know the IRS is terribly under staffed. My sister's fiancé has been working for the IRS all his life, and he's a Trump supporter. He's been crying about the IRS being under funded and under staffed for as long as I've known him.

It is just amazing how FOX Noise brainwashes the masses with these BS talking points and gets them terrified. This is how they plan to win elections. By scaring people and lying.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:25 pm
canpakes wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:17 pm

Damn, you're right. I just fact checked it. I just assumed it was probably true because I know the IRS is terribly under staffed. My sister's fiancé has been working for the IRS all his life, and he's a Trump supporter. He's been crying about the IRS being under funded and under staffed for as long as I've known him.

It is just amazing how FOX Noise brainwashes the masses with these BS talking points and gets them terrified. This is how they plan to win elections. By scaring people and lying.
How many IRS agents will be hired?
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Binger wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:45 pm

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/commiss ... senate.pdf
According to IRS Commissioner, Charles P. Rettig, the IRS will not increase the number of audits being performed on households earning less than $400,000.

“These resources are absolutely not about increasing audit scrutiny on small businesses or middle-income Americans,” Rettig wrote in a letter to Congress. “As we have been planning, our investment of these enforcement resources is designed around Treasury’s directive that audit rates will not rise relative to recent years for households making under $400,000.”

IRS size has historically fluctuated

According to data from the tax-collecting agency, the size of the IRS’ workforce has fluctuated throughout history. Although the size of the IRS has been on an upward incline since the 1960s, expenses have gotten larger and budgets have gotten smaller.

The IRS workforce first broke 100,000 employees in 1987 when operating costs were estimated to be around $4.4 billion, according to data from the IRS. The size of the IRS hadn’t dipped under 100,000 again until almost 24 years later in 2011 when budget cuts led to a depleted workforce.

Since 2010, Congress has reduced the agency’s budget by nearly 20%, according to the IRS’ Taxpayer Advocate Service. Last year, the IRS employed almost 79,000 people but has seen an increase in operating costs, now totaling upwards of $13 billion.

Earlier this year, the agency hired 10,000 more agents as reinforcement in order to assist in clearing a backlog of more than 20 million unprocessed tax returns, the Associated Press reported.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:51 pm
Binger wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:45 pm

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/commiss ... senate.pdf
According to IRS Commissioner, Charles P. Rettig, the IRS will not increase the number of audits being performed on households earning less than $400,000.

“These resources are absolutely not about increasing audit scrutiny on small businesses or middle-income Americans,” Rettig wrote in a letter to Congress. “As we have been planning, our investment of these enforcement resources is designed around Treasury’s directive that audit rates will not rise relative to recent years for households making under $400,000.”

IRS size has historically fluctuated

According to data from the tax-collecting agency, the size of the IRS’ workforce has fluctuated throughout history. Although the size of the IRS has been on an upward incline since the 1960s, expenses have gotten larger and budgets have gotten smaller.

The IRS workforce first broke 100,000 employees in 1987 when operating costs were estimated to be around $4.4 billion, according to data from the IRS. The size of the IRS hadn’t dipped under 100,000 again until almost 24 years later in 2011 when budget cuts led to a depleted workforce.

Since 2010, Congress has reduced the agency’s budget by nearly 20%, according to the IRS’ Taxpayer Advocate Service. Last year, the IRS employed almost 79,000 people but has seen an increase in operating costs, now totaling upwards of $13 billion.

Earlier this year, the agency hired 10,000 more agents as reinforcement in order to assist in clearing a backlog of more than 20 million unprocessed tax returns, the Associated Press reported.
Oh. So 10,000 agents for 20 million returns in 2022. So how many more will they hire for how many more returns?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:59 pm
Oh. So 10,000 agents for 20 million returns in 2022. So how many more will they hire for how many more returns?
That’d be 2000 returns for each of those hires, to work through. And that’s just the backlog. There are almost 150 million new returns to process each year. Not audit … just process.

I’m still wondering why Tulsi Gabbard or anyone else believes that the IRS is going to now add audits to most of those returns, and for what reason.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=155914
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:14 pm
Binger wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:59 pm
That’d be 2000 returns for each of those hires, to work through. And that’s just the backlog. There are almost 150 million new returns to process each year. Not audit … just process.

I’m still wondering why Tulsi Ganbard or anyone else believes that the IRS is going to now add audits to most of those returns, and for what reason.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=155914
She probably doesn't have nearly as much original information as you have from asking Jeeves.