The devil is in Mexico.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

The devil is in Mexico.

Post by doubtingthomas »

If the Devil exists, he would obviously be in Mexico.
“They attacked the civilian, innocent population like a sort of revenge,” President Andrés Manuel López Obrador said. “It wasn’t just the clash between two groups, but it got to the point in which they began to shoot civilians, innocent people. That is the most unfortunate thing in this affair.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ga ... r-AA10B8Jp

I hope the US takes military action someday.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Re: The devil is in Mexico.

Post by doubtingthomas »

At the same time, federal officials, who were once thought to be less prone to corruption than local officials, increasingly have been shown to hold ties to the cartels. For example, Noe Ramirez, a former top anti-cartel official, was found in 2008 to have received $USD 450,000 per month in bribes in exchange for providing the cartels with information about military activities
https://library.brown.edu/create/modern ... drug-wars/
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

So we could send troops to Mexico, blow up some building and kill some people. Is that going to fix anything?
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

huckelberry wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:39 pm
So we could send troops to Mexico, blow up some building and kill some people. Is that going to fix anything?
I'm not suggesting the US should attack Mexico.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:50 pm
I hope the US takes military action someday.
Shouldn't Mexico be the country to take military action?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:56 am
Many Mexican soldiers work for the cartels, and some are rapists. So, what's the solution?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:45 am
Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:56 am
Many Mexican soldiers work for the cartels, and some are rapists. So, what's the solution?
Mercenaries.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:36 am

Mercenaries.

- Doc
Seriously? :lol:

Mexico isn't willing to accept help from the US, what makes you think Mexico would pay for mercenaries?

I guess the US can let the cartels kill innocent civilians and allow them to bring illegal drugs here.

And don't forget the cartels also do human trafficking.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:52 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:36 am
Mercenaries.

- Doc
Seriously? :lol:

Mexico isn't willing to accept help from the US, what makes you think Mexico would pay for mercenaries?

I guess the US can let the cartels kill innocent civilians and allow them to bring illegal drugs here.

And don't forget the cartels also do human trafficking.
I wonder where the sex slaves and drugs are going.... Maybe the place the guns are coming from? These guys aren't sporting AKs and we know which country the coke is flowing into...
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Father Francis wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:24 am

I wonder where the sex slaves and drugs are going.... Maybe the place the guns are coming from? These guys aren't sporting AKs and we know which country the coke is flowing into...
"Mexican Cartels Invent Ingenious Weapons to Help Battle Government"
https://time.com/3839774/cartels-mexico ... s-weapons/