Sea Doo From Long Beach To Catalina Island.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Sea Doo From Long Beach To Catalina Island.

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

I just did one of the funnest things in my entire life.

My family rented Sea Doos and went from Long Beach to Catalina with several stops on the way to watch dolphins, 2 whales, sea lions and sunfish swim around us.

For only $399 you get the Sea Doo for the entire day with a guide. You also get to spend a few hours on Catalina Island before heading back to Long Beach.

Being in the middle of the ocean with no land in sight was a little discomforting, but the trip was a blast.

Highly recommend. Best bang for your buck.

https://www.unchartedsociety.com/us/en/ ... alina.html
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
canpakes
God

Re: Sea Doo From Long Beach To Catalina Island.

Post by canpakes »

This sounds like it was a blast!

I didn’t even realize that a SeaDoo had the tank capacity to make that round trip. I learned something new today. : )

Were you able to pack a camera or your phone in a waterproof case, to get some pics?
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

When I was 7 years old, my parents sent me to Catalina Island Boys Camp.

We went over on a 'cattle boat', where everyone sits next to each other like a bus. Some kids got seasick and started throwing up. This was the trigger mechanism for other kids who were on the fence about throwing up, and they started throwing up. Pretty soon almost everyone was throwing up. Not my favorite crossing.

My next crossing was on the Sea Smoke. This was a racing Catamaran that won almost every race it entered. It was built for James Arness, the star of the TV Show Gunsmoke. He donated it to the Sea Scouts chapter of the Girl Scouts. My best friend got invited, and she invited me. (I was only one of two men on the boat!) THAT crossing was more fun.

But DAMN SAM, a 52 mile round trip on a Sea Doo? My butt would be numb for a week!
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

Everybody Wang Chung: I'm going to keep this in mind. Thanks.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Very cool, and also my worst nightmare.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:12 pm
Very cool, and also my worst nightmare.

- Doc
Yeah, it does sound fun if I were in my 20's - 30's again. I'm guessing the views were spectacular.

However, at my age, if I'm going on the water, I want to be on something big enough to keep me dry and hide the motion of the waves.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.