Generation X's Method of Parenting

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Generation X's Method of Parenting

Post by Marcus »

Morley wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:28 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:08 pm
I think Gen X and Millennial methods of parenting have led to the high levels of depression and anxiety we see in college students today, and I think it's because were were too nice to them in order to avoid being the "mean" parents we perceived ours to be.
doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:48 am
Could this be part of the problem? https://www.nbcnews.com/now/video/-the- ... 6588741917
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:32 pm
For those who don’t want to click on the link because DT didn’t give any indication to its contents, it’s a NBC video about lonely young men who want young women and feel isolated because they’re not in a relationship getting sex.
Jesus. Thank you for saving me from that, Doc.
ditto.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:11 pm
ditto.
Why the need for reinforcement?

It's always the same low-IQ guys (Doc, Morley, Some, Binger) who hate the things I say. Doc didn't watch the video, he definitely didn't read the viral blog post making news.

I would like to ask you something, don't you have better things to do? Your students are paying you thousands of dollars, but you let the TA do all the work and grading for you? I understand it's not your fault, it's the system's fault, but you seem to take full advantage of that. I feel sorry for your students. There are a lot of professors who simply don't care about their students. If you have nothing better to do, at least give us something useful here. Give us important statistics related to Mormonism or something.

Anyways, I don't have time to play games here. I'll be very busy for the next couple of months because I have a really bright future ahead.

Have a nice day.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:33 am
Marcus wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:11 pm
ditto.
Why the need for reinforcement?

It's always the same low-IQ guys (Doc, Morley, Some, Binger) who hate the things I say. Doc didn't watch the video, he definitely didn't read the viral blog post making news.

I would like to ask you something, don't you have better things to do? Your students are paying you thousands of dollars, but you let the TA do all the work and grading for you? I understand it's not your fault, it's the system's fault, but you seem to take full advantage of that. I feel sorry for your students. There are a lot of professors who simply don't care about their students. If you have nothing better to do, at least give us something useful here. Give us important statistics related to Mormonism or something.

Anyways, I don't have time to play games here. I'll be very busy for the next couple of months because I have a really bright future ahead.

Have a nice day.
I am high.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Morley wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:06 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:56 pm
With that realization came a debilitating fear that I wouldn’t be a good father. I was painfully aware of my limitations, and mental/emotional challenges. One of the great ironies of having your heart ‘splode with love for someone is being haunted by the ghost of knowing that they deserve so much more than you’ll ever be able to give, and dancing around the twin specter of self-fulfilling prophecy.
I think this nails it.
It’s a bit comforting to realize that this might not be as irrational a thought as I feared it to be.

And it’s nice to see it expressed so eloquently. Thanks, Stu.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

doubtingthomas wrote:

Have a nice day.
You, too.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Morley wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:58 am
doubtingthomas wrote:

Have a nice day.
You, too.
ditto.

(sorry, i couldn't resist..... :D )
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Binger wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:47 am

I am high.
I know that. You always are.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Ditto to Infinity.

There. Now stop it. :lol:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

I think its interesting how these boomer parents think it is OK to beat the crap out of their kids simply because their parents did the same to them and ... "I turned out OK!"

Did you really though?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Vēritās wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:17 am
I think its interesting how these boomer parents think it is OK to beat the crap out of their kids simply because their parents did the same to them and ... "I turned out OK!"

Did you really though?
veritas, I am puzzled as to where this odd thought came from or to what it was intended to reply to. I am a boomer ,was not beat as a child and have not done such. I actually do not know of anybody I grew up with who was beat and did the same. I realize that does not mean that there are no people that the picture fits but I find it a strange generalization.