Jill Biden has COVID!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Jill Biden has COVID!

Post by Binger »

I believe she is double boosted (4 total injections).

It appears to have happened since she was last seen wearing a mask.

The booster does not appear to have prevented transmission so she may need another.
canpakes
God

Re: Jill Biden has COVID!

Post by canpakes »

Thanks, Obama.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Binger wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:39 pm
Likely saved her life.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:06 am
Binger wrote:
Likely saved her life.
Bless your heart.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:06 am
Binger wrote:
Likely saved her life.
When we consider how much lower the mortality rate of Covid-19 is now than it was before the vaccines were available, I think there is a strong likelihood that the vaccines have made a notable difference, even though they are not a 100% guarantee against getting the disease. Data seems to have clearly shown that victims of the virus who have been vaccinated are considerably more likely to survive it with minimal symptoms than those who were never vaccinated. The fact that I had been vaccinated before I finally tested positive for the virus could very well be the reason I am still alive, and experienced only the mildest of symptoms, despite my age and several other co-morbidity factors implicated in contributing to the fatality of others. Of course, I realize there is no way to be absolutely sure of that at this point. But I am still glad I have now been double vaccinated and double boosted.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

around the same time, somebody died in a car accident even though wearing a seatbelt and working airbags.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:38 am
around the same time, somebody died in a car accident even though wearing a seatbelt and working airbags.

Ugh. You’re just a tool of the airbag industry, Gad.

It’s obvious that every so often, an airbag fails to save someone’s life. The airbags aren’t working!

Not only that, but even when they go off properly, it’s a known fact that you might still get a scratch or a bruise from a deployed airbag during a head-on collision.

Why would you ever put a ‘safety device’ in your car that isn’t foolproof and that might only save your life most of the time?

Besides, no one needs an airbag for a crash. This is why God gave you bones.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Gadianton wrote:
Good response! What better proof can we have that seatbelts and airbags are totally useless! :P
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Gunnar wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:56 am
Gadianton wrote:
Good response! What better proof can we have that seatbelts and airbags are totally useless! :P
No, they are not useless. But the vaccines and mask mandates are suspect.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Gadianton wrote:
This reminds me of a friend of mine's story about his grandfather's adamant opposition to using seatbelts. He tucked all the seatbelts in his truck back between the seat cushions and back cushions in his truck to discourage their use by passengers or even people who borrowed his truck for any reason. He threw a temper tantrum whenever he got his truck back from someone who had borrowed it who had obviously pulled out the seat belts and buckles so they could use them. He changed his mind the day he witnessed a rather horrible fatal accident. The young lady who had been driving the car involved had been thrown halfway through the driver's side window, and the car had rolled several times before coming to rest. The top half of her body was so badly mangled that it was hard to tell it had once been a human being. He realized that had she been properly belted in, she would almost certainly have survived the accident, as the car, though banged up somewhat, was still pretty much intact. From that day on, he religiously used his seatbelts whenever he used his truck.