Gym fees...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
honorentheos
God

Re: Gym fees...

Post by honorentheos »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:08 am

Here you go, honor. At Dobbins one day with low clouds rolling in.
Damn. You know how to set up a picture nicely, too.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:44 am
canpakes wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:08 am

Here you go, honor. At Dobbins one day with low clouds rolling in.
Damn. You know how to set up a picture nicely, too.
I’d post a couple more sky shots, but only if Jersey Girl is good with it.
: )
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:22 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:42 pm
I thought this over last night (when I wasn't making a fool of myself on this thread) and I've got probably 8 weeks left of good outdoor weather. I'll just have to use the driveway, roads, or trails around here and kick up some dust.
This is also a consideration with a gym membership located … somewhere.

When winter kicks in, and some bad weather is about, how easy or convenient will it be to drive your car through wind and snow, to get to this gym?

That treadmill might be a pain in the butt to move around, but it’ll save you some serious dollars in membership fees, and time + gas from driving elsewhere.

If swimming is something that you’re really wanting to do, is getting a resistance swim spa a possibility? They aren’t cheap, but 7 years of membership fees at that gym you were considering will pay for a basic model. Would JB use it, too?
Both of those 2 gyms are within reasonable traveling distance but if you can even believe this, last I looked the other one costs more than my old gym that I'm considering going back to! :o I loved my old gym and went there usually 4 times each week year round. Yes, I even dug my vehicle out of the snow to go there and that is saying something.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=155977&start=20

Already addressed moving the treadmill. It's not that it's a pain in the butt, it's that moving it upstairs presents a risk.

The spa you mentioned, answer is no.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:07 am

I’d post a couple more sky shots, but only if Jersey Girl is good with it.
: )
Do with the thread whatever you wish.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:58 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:18 pm

Colorado. They charge extra for the altitude training.
It's okay. No need to explain. After something like 18 years he still doesn't know where we live and obviously doesn't want me to have the pretty granite lined locker room or the expansive view from the workout floor.

Pay him no mind. Pfffft!
I know where you live (state anyway), I was just trying to avoid a classic Jersey Girl grilling. Every time I point out any in real life information about anyone, whether it has been already been disclosed or not, I risk getting chewed out.

On a related note, anyone think it is unreasonable to spend over $3 million on this four wheeled vehicle so I can get to work? It is called a Bugatti.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18