PERFUME'S NEW ALBUM, "PLASMA," IS NOW AVAILABLE!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

PERFUME'S NEW ALBUM, "PLASMA," IS NOW AVAILABLE!

Post by Dr. Shades »

Dear Perfumaniacs:

I am pleased and proud to announce that Perfume's brand-new album, PLASMA, is now available! It's their eighth. Here are the tracks, in order:
  1. Plasma EXCELLENT An instrumental with their dreamy voices overlaid.
  2. Perfume - Time Warp BETTER Playing homage to the title of the song, the video appears to speed up, slow down, and reverse time throughout itself. The "making of" video shows how, in one spot, they recorded themselves at 1/3 time, then for the video itself they sped it up three times (1/3 x 3 = 1), with the end result looking like stop-motion animation, akin to the cyclops and dragon scene in the old "Seventh Voyage of Sinbad" movie from the 50s--a very cool and fun effect.
  3. ポリゴンウェイヴ ("Polygon Wave") BETTER The song is quite experimental. I'd describe it as 70s disco meets vocaloid. The video is rather cool, even if you're not into the song.
  4. 再生 ("Regeneration") At certain points the video cleverly cuts to samples from all of their previous music videos, capturing each of them singing a single syllable, then overlaying those micro-clips to the corresponding syllables in this new song--creating great nostalgia. You'll know what I mean when you watch it.
  5. Spinning World Their movements are so precise you'll wonder if they really are the robots they're pretending to be.
  6. マワルカガミ ("Mirrorball") This will hopefully have an official music video sometime soon, but for now here's a video of a public performance thereof.
  7. Flow I'm not exactly sold on the music, but the video itself is very, very cool. Its visual effects are highly impressive.
  8. ♾ループ ("Infinite Loop")
  9. Drive'n The Rain
  10. ハテナビト ("Questionable People") EXCELLENT
  11. アンドロイド& ("Android And")
  12. さよならプラスティックワールド ("Goodbye, Plastic World") Is their writer/producer just "phoning it in" with this one?
I admit that I was very skeptical about a few of the songs on this album, but after repeated listens I'm sold on most of them. Two tracks, "Plasma" and "ハテナビト"--tracks one and ten, respectively--turned out to be very pleasant surprises and the two best songs on the album.

I must say, I like this album better than the two previous to it. Give it a listen; you just might, too.

To order your own copy from Amazon.com, Click here. You'll be glad you did!

"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
honorentheos
God

Re: PERFUME'S NEW ALBUM, "PLASMA," IS NOW AVAILABLE!

Post by honorentheos »

Just when I thought 2022 had peaked.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

You may have a problem, Shades.

Blackpink - Pink Venom.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

You know. You’re passionate about this band. I admire that.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:16 am
Spinning World Their movements are so precise you'll wonder if they really are the robots they're pretending to be.
Japan has made some pretty life-like robots. Perfume could continue performing for a long time if this were the case.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

You may have a problem, Shades.

Blackpink - Pink Venom.
Is my problem that I need to cease being a Perfume fan and switch to Blackpink? I think not. Perfume is organic and self-made; Blackpink is an invention of the production company.
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:51 pm
You know. You’re passionate about this band. I admire that.

- Doc
Oh yeah. Perfume isn't just a band; it's a way of life.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

So you give the album two paws up?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:38 am
Perfume isn't just a band; it's a way of life.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:22 pm
So you give the album two paws up?
Yes, most definitely! I like this album more than I liked either Future Pop or Cosmic Explorer, its two predecessors.