Corrupt Judicial Bias by Trump Appointed Judge.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Re: Corrupt Judicial Bias by Trump Appointed Judge.

Post by Binger »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:00 am
The "special master" is pointless. Deflect, buy time. People make fun of the incompetency of Trump's legal council, but there's a method to the madness. As long as they buy time and stretching things out, they're doing their jobs.
I disagree on the pointlessness. Though, frankly, I thought that was a throw-away comment anyways. On buying time, correct, and it worked. On the competency of Trump's counsel, in this case it worked. In past cases, his counsel has been absolutely awful and should be disbarred for fownshow cluckery. Their job is to make the process thorough and fair, and in this particular case, they succeeded.

That said - nothing nothing nothing nothing ever ever ever ever will make up for the poor counsel and litigation of the Trump campaigns and in some cases the administration.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Binger wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:56 pm
Gadianton wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:00 am
The "special master" is pointless. Deflect, buy time. People make fun of the incompetency of Trump's legal council, but there's a method to the madness. As long as they buy time and stretching things out, they're doing their jobs.
I disagree on the pointlessness. Though, frankly, I thought that was a throw-away comment anyways. On buying time, correct, and it worked. On the competency of Trump's counsel, in this case it worked. In past cases, his counsel has been absolutely awful and should be disbarred for fownshow cluckery. Their job is to make the process thorough and fair, and in this particular case, they succeeded.

That said - nothing nothing nothing nothing ever ever ever ever will make up for the poor counsel and litigation of the Trump campaigns and in some cases the administration.
I should add, when I criticized Trump’s counsels’ briefing, I’m talking about the typical range of briefs filed by competent counsel. Even the best attorneys can and do write weak briefs.

The post-election clown show lawyers were in an entirely different universe.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:17 pm

The post-election clown show lawyers were in an entirely different universe.
I wish the universe was bigger so we could be farther. Christamighty they were bad.