Corrupt Judicial Bias by Trump Appointed Judge.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Re: Corrupt Judicial Bias by Trump Appointed Judge.

Post by Binger »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:05 pm
Binger wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:30 pm

No. There were redactions and the pictures were pictures.
Thanks for being honest. Once again we see Binger, without any semblance of informing himself with accurate (or at least credible) information, making broad and wildly false claims. He’s not even reading at this point, but is just reacting to headlines and quips he happens to pay attention to.

This is not good. He’s reflective of millions of morons being led around by the nose by grifters and insane people.

- Doc
See. We see similar things. The ideologues are getting led around by pictures and media soundbites. You represent your ideological affiliation very well.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Binger wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:31 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:05 pm

Thanks for being honest. Once again we see Binger, without any semblance of informing himself with accurate (or at least credible) information, making broad and wildly false claims. He’s not even reading at this point, but is just reacting to headlines and quips he happens to pay attention to.

This is not good. He’s reflective of millions of morons being led around by the nose by grifters and insane people.

- Doc
See. We see similar things. The ideologues are getting led around by pictures and media soundbites. You represent your ideological affiliation very well.
I hope so. I make an effort to read regularly and to read for comprehension. And when that doesn’t work, ie. something isn’t making sense, I dig into it in order to to learn what driving factors are behind the issue, such as laws, policies, and whether or not people were following them or not. If that’s my ideological affiliation, well thank damned god, because the partisans are achieving their aims reference demoralization, distrust, and uninformed hyperbole being the norm.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

I read through Trump’s Reply Brief. It’s a mess. Mostly Table pounding and poo flinging. And it’s eight pages over the limit. That’s a big deal in federal court. Some judges will announce at oral argument that they stopped reading at the limit.

The hearing tomorrow should be interesting.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:15 am
I read through Trump’s Reply Brief. It’s a mess. Mostly Table pounding and poo flinging. And it’s eight pages over the limit. That’s a big deal in federal court. Some judges will announce at oral argument that they stopped reading at the limit.

Do you think it would be a win if the judge said that tomorrow?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Res Ipsa wrote:

Hi Res,

Do you have any insight regarding why the brief raises the question of where the material taken was found? Last paragraph page 11 and continued on page 12.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

honorentheos wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:01 am
Res Ipsa wrote:

Hi Res,

Do you have any insight regarding why the brief raises the question of where the material taken was found? Last paragraph page 11 and continued on page 12.
I think I do. When the feds search a location, like a lawyers office, where there is a likelihood that attorney-client privileged materials are stored, they have a separate team screen any seized documents from that location to see if the attorney client privilege may apply so that the privilege issue can be addressed before the documents go to the investigative team. The warrant application says that this procedure will be used for the ‘45 office. I don’t know what the actual warrant said. It’s also not clear to me from the briefing whether the screening was in fact limited to documents seized from the 45 office.

As far as I know, there is no legal or constitutional requirement that this procedure be used in all searches at all locations. It’s an extra precaution taken, usually with searches of law offices and especially with searches of the offices of criminal defense attorneys, which is understandable given that the attorney may be representing lots of criminal defendants in non-related cases.

Trump is arguing that the the use of the screening team should not have been limited to his office. But the procedure was approved by the magistrate that issued the warrant. Trump could certainly move to challenge the constitutionality of the warrant, but he hasn’t done that. And I’m not aware of any case law that says the constitution requires the use of a screening team in all searches. So, the response to this argument should be something like: if you want to challenge the warrant, go talk to the guy who issued the warrant.”

If the DOJ charges Trump with something, it will have to provide him with a list of evidence. At that point, Trump can object to anything that he thinks is covered by privilege and move to exclude it. If he thinks the search violates his fourth amendment rights, he can move to exclude any evidence that the illegally obtained evidence led law enforcement to (fruit of the poisoned tree). But this motion isn’t any of that. It appears to be a combination of trying to poison the well, getting a road map of an in-process criminal investigation that a criminal defendant isn’t entitled to, and delaying tactics.
he/him

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Thanks, Res. That's very helpful. It seemed just odd enough that it likely had a procedural motive but I couldn't discern it from the brief.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

honorentheos wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:13 am
Thanks, Res. That's very helpful. It seemed just odd enough that it likely had a procedural motive but I couldn't discern it from the brief.
Yeah, that’s a result of the poor quality of the brief. A reply brief should be punchy and succinct. Even if you aren’t familiar with the legal technicalities, you shouldn’t have to wonder why an issue is being raised in the brief.
he/him

Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:40 pm
I'm afraid I don't see what the big deal is with the appointment of a special master, beyond a waste of tax-payer dollars.
Having a Special Master determine if Trump should retain control over government documents that did not belong to him in the first place sounds a bit foolish, but it should be appreciated that he is not seeking to retain the gold bars in Fort Knox.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:31 am
honorentheos wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:13 am
Yeah, that’s a result of the poor quality of the brief. A reply brief should be punchy and succinct. Even if you aren’t familiar with the legal technicalities, you shouldn’t have to wonder why an issue is being raised in the brief.
That depends on the audience. If the audience is a judge or panel, sure. If a reply is for 100 million people, it may be slightly different. Particularly, if those 100 million people don’t trust the players or process, the reply could get really wonky and go way outside the lines.

Judge Judy’s audience is not the same as a regular court. Know what I mean, Vern?