Corrupt Judicial Bias by Trump Appointed Judge.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Corrupt Judicial Bias by Trump Appointed Judge.

Post by Res Ipsa »

Binger wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:38 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:31 am

Yeah, that’s a result of the poor quality of the brief. A reply brief should be punchy and succinct. Even if you aren’t familiar with the legal technicalities, you shouldn’t have to wonder why an issue is being raised in the brief.
That depends on the audience. If the audience is a judge or panel, sure. If a reply is for 100 million people, it may be slightly different. Particularly, if those 100 million people don’t trust the players or process, the reply could get really wonky and go way outside the lines.

Judge Judy’s audience is not the same as a regular court. Know what I mean, Vern?
Sure, one could write a brief intended to wage a public smear campaign rather than address legal issues. Doing that effectively still requires competent writing.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:01 pm
Binger wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:38 pm

That depends on the audience. If the audience is a judge or panel, sure. If a reply is for 100 million people, it may be slightly different. Particularly, if those 100 million people don’t trust the players or process, the reply could get really wonky and go way outside the lines.

Judge Judy’s audience is not the same as a regular court. Know what I mean, Vern?
Sure, one could write a brief intended to wage a public smear campaign rather than address legal issues. Doing that effectively still requires competent writing.
I agree with that. Look Res! Common Ground!!!!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:00 am
The "special master" is pointless. Deflect, buy time. People make fun of the incompetency of Trump's legal council, but there's a method to the madness. As long as they buy time and stretching things out, they're doing their jobs.
And buying time is all about buying even more time as Merrick Garland will be unlikely to indict Trump very close to the upcoming election.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Fair points. If a candidate is speaking to a crowd to motivate them to be more politically active to win the next election, they would use different language than someone inciting an insurrectionist attempt to overturn an election and seize power. They'd also probably do things like say they weren't doing what they were doing and call their insurrectionist supporters who serve jail time patriots.

It's all spectator sport and justified, right Culty? The masses are at a boiling point and the elite are going to get what's been coming to them for a long time.

Ready to just come out and say what you really believe yet? Or do you want to keep acting the imitator on a stage for us?
Last edited by honorentheos on Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Binger wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:03 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:01 pm

Broken clock.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:57 pm
One thing that stood out to me is that the passports (which were apparently both expired) that they returned to Trump were in a drawer that also had classified documents in it. Classified documents, just chilling an a desk drawer with some expired passports.
Totally like something out of spy movie. I mean, I just can't keep pointing this out enough; could you imagine if the tables were turned and any Democrat, or Hillary had highly classified hard copies all over her residence mixed with passports?
That part is incredibly damning and, yes, if this were Hillary there would be a hew and cry to throw her in jail. People would be on the streets screaming at the top of their lungs. Trump is treated like a rube who just made some mistakes, or alternately just the guy who has "different views" of the executive.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:22 pm
Binger wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:03 pm

Broken clock.
That term should never be the same to you after meeting S-town and horologist John B. McLemore. Even the very broken clocks can be repaired.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:23 pm
Vēritās wrote:

Totally like something out of spy movie. I mean, I just can't keep pointing this out enough; could you imagine if the tables were turned and any Democrat, or Hillary had highly classified hard copies all over her residence mixed with passports?
That part is incredibly damning and, yes, if this were Hillary there would be a hew and cry to throw her in jail. People would be on the streets screaming at the top of their lungs. Trump is treated like a rube who just made some mistakes, or alternately just the guy who has "different views" of the executive.
But, it was Hillary and people were crying to throw her in jail but she was not thrown in jail. And it is Trump and people are crying to throw him in jail, they are just trying to figure out if it is better to do it now, closer to the next election, or closer to the next next election.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:23 pm
Vēritās wrote:

I believe the real difference is to many, Clinton was a self-serving corrupt member of the ruling class whereas Trump is seen as the representative of the people. Countless people who found Trump distasteful as a candidate in 2016 warmed to him when they came to view him as unjustly subjected to attack after attack by a system they believe is irredeemably corrupt and needing "drained". When the poster going by the Binger alias these days hints at this all being politically motivated rather than legal in nature, he is not just taking about this incident.

There are people being invited in this country to do real damage to the Republic. Damage that would result in the end of American Democracy were it to actually ignite as the manipulators would see it ignited.

And that's the great tragedy of it all. Easily manipulated "individualists" frustrated by a system that doesn't just let them do whatever they want when they want are the prime targets for forming into a mindless mob of angry know-nothings out to restore the dignity of the individual by imposing an authoritarian against the rule of law. Kids storming city hall for the right to drag Main Street.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

honorentheos wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:20 pm
Fair points. If a candidate is speaking to a crowd to motivate them to be more politically active to win the next election, they would use different language than someone inciting an insurrectionist attempt to overturn an election and seize power. They'd also probably do things like say they weren't doing what they were doing and call their insurrectionist supporters who serve jail time patriots.

It's all spectator sport and justified, right Culty? The masses are at a boiling point and the elite are going to get what's been coming to them for a long time.

Ready to just come out and say what you really believe yet? Or do you want to keep acting the imitator on a stage for us?
You are welcome to start a derail topic or thread to follow this tangent. You don't need permission from the moderators for that.

I reject the premises of your three questions.