FOX NEWS Is an Enemy of the State

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: FOX NEWS Is an Enemy of the State

Post by Moksha »

DaveIsHere wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:06 am
Thier excuse? They aren't news, they're "infotainment".
Fox should have admitted that it is the "fake news" we are always hearing about. This is akin to Republicans asking for judicial leniency because everyone knows they are fraudsters.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Vēritās wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:34 am
Sean Hannity admits in deposition he didn’t believe Trump voter fraud claims
Fox News host Sean Hannity admitted under oath that he “did not believe” for “one second” there was mass voter fraud in the 2020 election.

Hannity’s testimony was included in court depositions released on Wednesday in the Delaware Superior Court, according to The New York Times. The depositions were part of a $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox News brought by Dominion Voting Systems.
He admits he didn't believe the BS he pushed on his show for months.

Hey ajax, remind me again how CNN is worse.
CNN is much worse, if your criteria for a proper news network includes telling you what you want to hear. In fact, that's why so many people consider the media to have a liberal agenda: they report the news, not the fabricated stories right-wingers need to breath.

Trump fans are completely fine with lies so long as those lies support the idiot narrative they love.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:14 pm
Vēritās wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:34 am
Sean Hannity admits in deposition he didn’t believe Trump voter fraud claims

He admits he didn't believe the BS he pushed on his show for months.

Hey ajax, remind me again how CNN is worse.
CNN is much worse, if your criteria for a proper news network includes telling you what you want to hear. In fact, that's why so many people consider the media to have a liberal agenda: they report the news, not the fabricated stories right-wingers need to breath.

Trump fans are completely fine with lies so long as those lies support the idiot narrative they love.
Back during my former days as a right-leaning person, I would routinely receive emails from people expressing outrage that someone in the media had filed a report that had negative but true information about some Republican politician. This was biased and unfair, my colleagues would say. They never responded how it could be biased if the information was correct and the wording was straightforward. Over time, these people became less inclined to be friendly toward me, and it was obvious as to why.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Fox will have the Hunter Biden laptop and the Joe Biden impeachment to infotain their viewers after January 1st. They will then compete with CNN on these topics. Representative George Santos will become the new Fox conduit of information.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

honorentheos wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:44 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:34 am
Isn’t branding the opposition an enemy of the state right out of the fascist handbook? You can say it if you want, but in my book that makes you just another authoritarian, Veritas.
I'm not sure about this, Res. Fox News is doing real damage to the Republic. I don't know what the motive is, and I've though a lot about that. Money doesn't explain it. There has to be a point where profit is trumped by principles if one has them.

So why has Fox News, especially their opinion evening programing that is the most popular, made hyper-partisanship king to the point of they would rather see Western Liberal Democracy in flames than acknowledge real threats if they are from the supposed right? Is it tolerable still after an insurrection and what we are seeing with Trump post-office?
There should really be an encyclopedia of examples that demonstrate how FOX News is nothing more than an extreme Right Wing political outfit that lies for ratings and profit, all to the detriment of American society and also National Security. I mean just look at how they provide aid and comfort to those we're at war with. I seem to remember them going apoplectic over Jane Fonda supposedly doing the same thing during Vietnam.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:44 am

I'm not sure about this, Res. Fox News is doing real damage to the Republic. I don't know what the motive is, and I've though a lot about that. Money doesn't explain it. There has to be a point where profit is trumped by principles if one has them.

So why has Fox News, especially their opinion evening programing that is the most popular, made hyper-partisanship king to the point of they would rather see Western Liberal Democracy in flames than acknowledge real threats if they are from the supposed right? Is it tolerable still after an insurrection and what we are seeing with Trump post-office?
There should really be an encyclopedia of examples that demonstrate how FOX News is nothing more than an extreme Right Wing political outfit that lies for ratings and profit, all to the detriment of American society and also National Security. I mean just look at how they provide aid and comfort to those we're at war with. I seem to remember them going apoplectic over Jane Fonda supposedly doing the same thing during Vietnam.
Jane Fonda might not be the best example to compare and contrast. Going to the capital of a nation we are at war with and condemning the war isn't going to play well with many folks.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:43 pm
Vēritās wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 pm

Jane Fonda might not be the best example to compare and contrast. Going to the capital of a nation we are at war with and condemning the war isn't going to play well with many folks.
Well it was a dumb war that was killing thousands of innocent people, including more than 200,000 of our own troops and ultimately got us nowhere. If I could go back in time I would have probably protested it too.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:54 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:43 pm

Well it was a dumb war that was killing thousands of innocent people, including more than 200,000 of our own troops and ultimately got us nowhere. If I could go back in time I would have probably protested it too.
I think that's a fair appraisal of the war, given 20-20 hindsight. But there's protesting and there's going to the capitol of the enemy and condemning your own country from there. Best equivalent today would be a high profile American traveling to Moscow, standing beside Putin, and condemning the U.S. for supporting Ukraine. I agree with your sentiment, but Fonda just happens to be a poor choice for comparison, in my opinion.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Tucker Carlson: “We're spending all this money to liberate Ukraine from the Russians, why are we not sending an armed force north to liberate Canada from Trudeau? And, I mean it”

This Republican and Putin propagandist is implying that Canada’s Liberal leader is worse than the brutal dictator who is razing entire cities to the ground, targeting civilians with missile strikes, and executing people in torture chambers. This is what American Conservatives actually consume. And he says he means it.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

For the love of God someone get Tucker Carlson off the air.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tucker-c ... 2ca9217b5f

He just used the Nashville shooting to declare trans people are the "natural enemies" of Christianity and that this can never change. It's like he wants a civil war and he wont stop ranting about his idiotic "theyre coming to get you" rhetoric until he gets one.

Meanwhile, FOX also blames "defund the police." https://www.mediamatters.org/neil-cavut ... see-school

Other Republicans are trying to use this tragedy to victimize Christians, insisting this was a hate crime. Ignoring the fact that the shooter had scouted several other non religious schools for a potential attack. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/josh-haw ... faae797ec1