FOX NEWS Is an Enemy of the State

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

FOX NEWS Is an Enemy of the State

Post by Vēritās »

I mean, at what point do we say the quiet part out loud?

When former President Trump announced he was being investigated they immediately called it an "illegal" breach without having any facts other than the nonsense spewed by Trump. They told their millions of viewers that the FBI and DOJ broke laws to do what they did because they never got a subpoena. When it found out there actually was a subpoena neither FOX nor their idiotic viewers apologized. Instead they just doubled down on more lies and baseless assumptions. Now it has gotten so bad that a Republican Congressman is threatening "riots in the streets" if the DOJ dares to do its job by indicting Trump. If this happens, it is all because FOX allows this kind of violent rhetoric to air without ANY pushback whatsoever. It is always a wink, a smile and a nod from the hosts whenever they let these partisan fools go on this long winded diatribes about how this is such an injustice for poor persecuted Trump.

The fact is, Jan 6th never would have happened without FOX. The age of Trump never would have happened without FOX. The rise in white supremacy and Right Wing domestic terrorism never would have happened without FOX. They are effectively an enemy of the state, and there really is no getting around that fact. They're willing to upend our democracy because all that matters to them is keeping Republicans in power. They are a threat to our national security. From praising and siding Putin during a time of war, to baselessly claiming our election systems have been compromised by Venezuela. It is just one piece of dangerous propaganda after the next that urges people to take up arms and violently protest in the streets, murder cops if they view them as Democrat operatives, kidnap politicians if they're Democrats standing in the way of their agenda, etc.

I'm not saying they need to go in the sense that they not be allowed to air, but for the love of God bring back the fairness doctrine and regulate those stations that want to be considered "News." Let them advertise themselves for what they truly are, an entertainment network that admits who they are whenever they're forced to go to court over spreading lies and defamation. I mean WTF? This is like HLN calling itself a Sport Network when it rarely ever talks about sports.

FOX News is complicit with all the anti-American anti-Democracy sentiment that has been thriving for decades now, within the "culture wars" they continually conjure up. They don't report what the actual news is, they take things that happen and then manufacture a self serving Right Wing narrative out of it while leaving out all the facts that undermine that agenda. Take for example their latest faux outrage over Biden's accurately stating that certain MAGA Trumpers are acting like "semi-fascists."

Despite the fact that President Biden clearly and unambiguously made the clear distinction between this fringe of the Republican party and the traditional Conservative types, FOX News couldn't wait to leave that part out just so they could label him as a "divider in chief." Which, even if Biden did say what they wanted him to say it isn't nearly as bad as the four years of Democrat bashing and demonization that was done by Trump, which they never once condemned.
aqwed.jpg
aqwed.jpg (138.88 KiB) Viewed 1432 times

When the Jan 6th hearings were being televised FOX decided to air their usual propaganda opinion shows and Tucker Carlson was so terrified that his viewers might flip over to the hearings during commercial breaks, that he literally ran his show free of commercials. This proves FOX is terrified of people knowing facts and being in touch with reality. And it shows that FOX isn't even that interested in making money anymore like a normal station would. So many advertisers have dropped them.

It's time that Fox News is considered a political organization, not a news network
Fox Corporation CEO Lachlan Murdoch stated that Fox News would act as "the loyal opposition" to Biden...

The most important aspect for reclassifying Fox News comes in the business model. By designating Fox as a political entity, cable providers would then stop paying Fox News to air its content. Like every other cable outlet, Fox News is paid a fee from TV providers (such as Fios, Xfinity, DirectTV, etc.) for each subscriber called a carriage fee. It's estimated that an average household pays roughly $2 per month, totaling approximately $1.8 billion a year in carriage fees to the network. Each cable provider is responsible for negotiating its fees with each network and those negotiations and contracts are confidential.

If Fox News were rightly considered a political operation, the fees they collect would be considered political contributions, contributions you'd make if you have even a basic cable package. It's okay for a media organizations to have opinion programs, but by its own CEO's words, Fox News is no longer interested in being a media outlet, but the loyal political opposition to the current administration.

The purpose of any media organization is to investigate and hold people, business, and the government responsible and accountable for their actions and decisions. Fox News is no longer interested in providing unbiased reporting based on the facts since it sees itself as a loyal political opponent of the Biden Administration. We can not long trust their "reporting" as a source for news because of this decree from Murdoch.

When a political entity wants to get its message out on TV with political advertisements, they have to pay to have that message air. Fox News must be held to the same financial standard of any political candidate, party, or third party political organization and pay for its content to be on air.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: FOX NEWS Is an Enemy of the State

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

From ABC covering the Dominion lawsuit:
Powell, who promised to "release the Kraken" in what turned out to be a series of unsuccessful legal challenges alleging voter fraud, had argued that that "no reasonable person" would have believed her theories were "truly statements of fact."
And yet, Fox reported this nonsense as factual having caused, along with Trump’s words, a literal insurrection.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Texas's electric outage blamed on windmills, 87,000 new IRS agents that don't exist, etc the lies it has propagated over the years is literally endless and it all serves one unified purpose: to get their viewers to literally fear and hate anything about Democrats. It has caused thousands of divorces, probably millions of familial divisions. But tell me more about how Biden is the "divider" in chief for calling the extreme out for its extremism. These idiots always make the mistake of thinking they represent "Americans" or even a majority. They don't.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

So it is a lie that Biden or his spokeswoman called people semi-fascist, or the truth?
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Binger wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:59 pm
So it is a lie that Biden or his spokeswoman called people semi-fascist, or the truth?
Is it true you're still unable to follow anything without interjecting idiotic questions that pertain to absolutely nothing?

As most people who finished high school know, Biden didn't just call some "people" semi-fascist, he was very precise in who he was referring to. I get that the idiots at FOX news were too dishonest to acknowledge that, but you, I would expect to.... wait a minute... never mind. You're doing pretty much what we all expect of you now.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:44 pm
Binger wrote:
Is it true you're still unable to follow anything without interjecting idiotic questions that pertain to absolutely nothing?

As most people who finished high school know, Biden didn't just call some "people" semi-fascist, he was very precise in who he was referring to. I get that the idiots at FOX news were too dishonest to acknowledge that, but you, I would expect to.... wait a minute... never mind. You're doing pretty much what we all expect of you now.
So he did call some people semi-fascist. That is confirmed. Thanks.

I finished high school.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:18 pm
From ABC covering the Dominion lawsuit:
Powell, who promised to "release the Kraken" in what turned out to be a series of unsuccessful legal challenges alleging voter fraud, had argued that that "no reasonable person" would have believed her theories were "truly statements of fact."
And yet, Fox reported this nonsense as factual having caused, along with Trump’s words, a literal insurrection.

- Doc
It boggles my mind how FOX news, and then Powell, following FOX's example, have tried to get away from being charged or having to take responsibility for their lies and obfuscations by simply claiming "no reasonable person" would have believed their claims, thus admitting, in effect, that they were indeed lying and yet, despite that, still expecting and attempting to benefit from their fans and followers believing them anyway! It's as if they think that as long as they openly admit their lying and corruption, that makes it all right, and entitles them to immunity from indictment and prosecution for it! What is even more mind boggling to me is that FOX news, at least, actually won the case against them for defamation by using that argument in their defense!
Last edited by Gunnar on Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:02 pm
Vēritās wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:44 pm

So he did call some people semi-fascist. That is confirmed. Thanks.
Nope. Here’s the quote:

“What we're seeing now is either the beginning or the death knell of an extreme MAGA philosophy. It’s not just Trump, it’s the entire philosophy that underpins the — I’m going to say something — it’s like semi-fascism.”

Is a philosophy a person?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Binger wrote:
Could we say that philosophy equals people? Sort of like corporations can be people in terms of taking a driving test or getting a high school diploma.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:49 pm
Binger wrote:
Could we say that philosophy equals people? Sort of like corporations can be people in terms of taking a driving test or getting a high school diploma.
Now address the clarifications made by Biden’s spokesperson.

You thought “deplorables” was bad? Now call them Nazis/fascist. Go for it. Like I give a damn. Its just math at this point.

Now, I know you do it all the time and we have to move those comments to prison because it is so heinous. But when the president does it, we get a real show.