FOX NEWS Is an Enemy of the State

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
honorentheos
God

Re: FOX NEWS Is an Enemy of the State

Post by honorentheos »

I bring that up because I think most of us agree about the importance of protecting speech, of the rule of law, of not suppressing opposing voices.

But when do you start taking the things being said seriously as incitement rather than protected speech?

I say this less in regards to attempting to regulate what gets to call itself news, and more about how a free democratic society protects itself from the abuse of the rights and values that protect a cancer growing from within?

Culty is in this thread playing the part of subbie. He tells us the institutions of government are the enemy of the people, using different words but to that effect. The people ARE the state in the USofA, so he is effectively calling the FBI an enemy of the source of authority to govern. And Trump is right out front shouting the same things to wild applause.

Up to the insurrection I believed that speech was the counter to speech because behind it was something fundamental enough that a majority of Americans would resist the ability of a vocal, violent politically motivated minority to successfully tear it down and instill their own values in their place.

I've come to realize my error. Those values have already been replaced for enough people that had Donald J Trump managed to get to the Capital Building on January 6, 2020, the Republic would be done. He would have marched in with the mob behind him. His confederates who ran in fear from the mob without him there to lead it, would instead have climbed over one another to be the first to strike the match setting fire to the rule of law that barely prevailed.

If speech could solve the problem, then the people in jail for having participated in the insurrection would be a message to anyone else who is just doing what Trump says to do. Does anyone here seriously think that is the case, though? It's more likely the lesson taken away was they have to go all the way with it next time and seize power from those they unapologetically call enemies of the people.

I think we need to recalibrate to our current reality.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:15 pm

I snipped the garbage where you misrepresent me.

You are advocating for more fascism and less free speech because you prefer the outcome of more government intervention?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Binger wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:19 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:15 pm

You are advocating for more fascism and less free speech because you prefer the outcome of more government intervention?
No. I'm suggesting we need to examine what is going on as it is actually occuring with the same realism you pretend to apply to your asserting the FBI has "shat in the free speech punch".

Do you believe the FBI is acting against the interests of the people?
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:13 pm
Binger wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:19 pm

No. I'm suggesting we need to examine what is going on as it is actually occuring with the same realism you pretend to apply to your asserting the FBI has "shat in the free speech punch".

If indeed what Zuckerberg says is true, 100 percent. My answer to your question is limited to this topic. I am not in possession of original research or information. I do not trust the media sources on this. However. If Zuck is accurately telling his own experience, then absolutely without apology on the topic of speech, the FBI is doing more than just acting against the interests of the people, they are attacking the people. If the FBI lied to Facebook and asked them to censor information based on a lie, at least that department of the agency will not likely be useful or serve a need in the future.

If Zuck is not telling the truth... then, well, ain't that something. In that case, we sure have a debate on our hands.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Would you mind quoting Zuckerberg?

ETA: I ask that knowing what was actually said, by the way. I'm curious about your knowledge of the actual quotes and events.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Binger wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:19 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:13 pm

If indeed what Zuckerberg says is true, 100 percent. My answer to your question is limited to this topic. I am not in possession of original research or information. I do not trust the media sources on this. However. If Zuck is accurately telling his own experience, then absolutely without apology on the topic of speech, the FBI is doing more than just acting against the interests of the people, they are attacking the people. If the FBI lied to Facebook and asked them to censor information based on a lie, at least that department of the agency will not likely be useful or serve a need in the future.

If Zuck is not telling the truth... then, well, ain't that something. In that case, we sure have a debate on our hands.
You know what? Let's save this.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:36 pm

ETA: I ask that knowing what was actually said, by the way. I'm curious about your knowledge of the actual quotes and events.
Good luck with that. Binger is clearly accepting FOX News headlines at face value again.

I think it is funny that Binger insists everything about Trump's investigation must be purely political because there'd be a mid-term election in six months, but whenever "news" drops attacking Biden's son less than a month before the Presidential election, well, that's just a crazy coincidence. Move along. Nothing to see here. We anarchists take for granted that everything the institutions say is wrong, while the conspiracy brains are dead on accurate. Any attempt to warn people of fake news level BS is considered fascism!
305499692_5824862027537815_3388884425669910997_n.jpg
305499692_5824862027537815_3388884425669910997_n.jpg (65.41 KiB) Viewed 359 times
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Vēritās wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:59 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:36 pm

Good luck with that. Binger is clearly accepting FOX News headlines at face value again.

I think it is funny that Binger insists everything about Trump's investigation must be purely political because there'd be a mid-term election in six months, but whenever "news" drops attacking Biden's son less than a month before the Presidential election, well, that's just a crazy coincidence. Move along. Nothing to see here. We anarchists take for granted that everything the institutions say is wrong, while the conspiracy brains are dead on accurate. Any attempt to warn people of fake news level BS is considered fascism!
According to Zuck, you have it backwards. The FBI intervened to prevent the laptop story from going wide.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Here is a mashup of numerous examples of FOX News calling Democrats Fascists.

What a bunch of pathetic hypocrites. The same people in this clip are the same ones crying foul over Biden referring to MAGA Republicans as "semi-fascists."

https://youtu.be/B-06mPuoZ18?t=247
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Vēritās wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:47 am
Here is a mashup of numerous examples of FOX News calling Democrats Fascists.

What a bunch of pathetic hypocrites. The same people in this clip are the same ones crying foul over Biden referring to MAGA Republicans as "semi-fascists."

https://youtu.be/B-06mPuoZ18?t=247
So what?

FOX clown show calls the president a fascist. Okay.

President calls half of Americans fascist, brace yourself.

These are not even close in comparison. Not. Even. Close.