Judge Grants Trump’s Special Master Motion

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Re: Judge Grants Trump’s Special Master Motion

Post by Hawkeye »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:22 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:43 pm
Trump's lawsuit against the FBI the entire coverup for crossfire hurricane could get out to the public.
You mean the Crossfire Hurricane that Trump's DOJ investigated, and issued a report on, where they "did not find any documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the FBI's decision to conduct these operations."

That one?
Barr was clearly protecting his friends in the FBI. Barr knew Joe Biden was lying about Hunter's laptop during the 2020 debate in November in real time and yet he said nothing. Durham's investigation has gone at a glacial pace. It's going to take several terms for MAGA Republicans to root out the bias in the deep state. Whoever the next Republican president is needs to fire every last one of them immediately upon being sworn into office.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:39 pm
Have you heard what William Barr said about the BLM protesters?
You mean his official statement, issued through Trump's DOJ, where he described them as "peaceful and legitimate protests," that had "groups of outside radicals and agitators... exploiting the situation," and that there was "urgent work that needs to be done" and that the BLM protesters had "legitimate grievances"'?

That one?
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:45 pm
Barr was clearly protecting his friends in the FBI. Barr knew Joe Biden was lying about Hunter's laptop during the 2020 debate in November in real time and yet he said nothing. Durham's investigation has gone at a glacial pace. It's going to take several terms for MAGA Republicans to root out the bias in the deep state. Whoever the next Republican president is needs to fire every last one of them immediately upon being sworn into office.
Good gravy.

You just kind of make it up on the fly, don't you?

The report, and the things that Barr had to say about it, were absolutely scathing about "his friends" (whoever they were) at the FBI. If it was "clearly protecting" them, I would absolutely hate to have Barr as a friend.

LMAO.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:47 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:39 pm
Have you heard what William Barr said about the BLM protesters?
You mean his official statement, issued through Trump's DOJ, where he described them as "peaceful and legitimate protests," that had "groups of outside radicals and agitators... exploiting the situation," and that there was "urgent work that needs to be done" and that the BLM protesters had "legitimate grievances"'?

That one?
That is interesting that Barr said that. Thanks for the quote. He certainly sang a different tune about BLM on Ben Shapiro's show. Do you agree with Barr that the Obama administration spied on the Trump campaign?
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:50 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:45 pm
Good gravy.

You just kind of make it up on the fly, don't you?

The report, and the things that Barr had to say about it, were absolutely scathing about "his friends" (whoever they were) at the FBI. If it was "clearly protecting" them, I would absolutely hate to have Barr as a friend.

LMAO.
If you're going to sling around terms like lying, you should really apply them in a consistent manner. If what you are referring to as "lying," then you're boy Trump averages about a lie per sentence.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:51 pm
That is interesting that Barr said that. Thanks for the quote. He certainly sang a different tune about BLM on Ben Shapiro's show. Do you agree with Barr that the Obama administration spied on the Trump campaign?
Do you have a link to Barr's exact statement?

Based on the available factual evidence, and omitting innuendo and insinuation, I agree that there were individuals within the Trump campaign who were subjects of surveillance of Obama's DOJ.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:19 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:51 pm
Do you have a link to Barr's exact statement?

Based on the available factual evidence, and omitting innuendo and insinuation, I agree that there were individuals within the Trump campaign who were subjects of surveillance of Obama's DOJ.
Trump had quite a few people go in and out of his official campaign. Has any compared the times individuals were under surveillance with the time they were officially part of the campaign?
he/him

Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:31 pm
Trump had quite a few people go in and out of his official campaign. Has any compared the times individuals were under surveillance with the time they were officially part of the campaign?
Good question, and I wish I knew.

In the case of Carter Page, it appears the first FISA warrant was in 2013/2014 (long before Trump even announced his candidacy): News reports on Carter's first FISA.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:42 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:31 pm
Good question, and I wish I knew.

In the case of Carter Page, it appears the first FISA warrant was in 2013/2014 (long before Trump even announced his candidacy): News reports on Carter's first FISA.
My recollection is that Manafort was under surveillance before he joined the campaign, but I'd have to look it up. The claim that Trump's campaign was "spied on" is just the usual hyperbolic MAGA nonsense.
he/him

Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

My recollection is that Manafort was under surveillance before he joined the campaign, but I'd have to look it up. The claim that Trump's campaign was "spied on" is just the usual hyperbolic MAGA nonsense.
So why do you all lend any credence to what William Barr has to say now, if he's guilty of speaking MAGA hyperbolic nonsense?
Veritas