OMG Ukraine LOL

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: OMG Ukraine LOL

Post by Dr. Shades »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:23 am
This is a very good point. Seems like we were told recently that the US can't be invaded because the population in general is so heavily armed.
Heavily armed against infantry, garrisons, and sentries, not aircraft in the air.

And it would be a deterrent, not a "brick wall."
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:29 am
Gadianton wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:23 am
This is a very good point. Seems like we were told recently that the US can't be invaded because the population in general is so heavily armed.
Heavily armed against infantry, garrisons, and sentries, not aircraft in the air.

You're probably right. A well-aimed shot by a frumpy looking gentleman brought down a modern Russian aircraft with possibly a shotgun. So a gravy meal team with customized AR-15s with unique camo color schemes and bump stocks will be soloing fortified positions and high-fiving at the blue team objective before the noob "trained" military with over-priced gear knows what hit them. Tanks will be jack-in-the-boxing left and right when they get hit with those specially made home loaded rounds. Meal Team Six!
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

The Russians should give their pilots AK-47s so they can fire back.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:02 am
Now MeDotOrg, Binger would never find any of the countless overstatements of Russian power and victory the least bit humorous. He doesn't really find the Ukraine gun thing that funny either outside of context of this board. In his mind, this is the kind of story that all we dumb liberals who support Ukraine will believe without hesitation out of bias only. Further, our ignorance of guns, because we aren't unhinged Second Amendment, means we'd believe a semi-auto 12-guage with a modified choke can bring down a plane.

Dr. Shades really went the extra mile when he could have pointed out that the farmer's gun in the picture wouldn't bring down a Robin at 30 yards.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

honorentheos wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:36 am
Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:29 am

You're probably right. A well-aimed shot by a frumpy looking gentleman brought down a modern Russian aircraft with possibly a shotgun.
Read carefully. I said "NOT" aircraft in the air, not "AND" aircraft in the air.
So a gravy meal team with customized AR-15s with unique camo color schemes and bump stocks will be soloing fortified positions and high-fiving at the blue team objective before the noob "trained" military with over-priced gear knows what hit them.
There's a difference between taking over a country and maintaining occupation of it. An armed populace deters the latter, not so much the former.
Tanks will be jack-in-the-boxing left and right when they get hit with those specially made home loaded rounds. Meal Team Six!
In your opinion, do my words "infantry, garrisons, and sentries" equal "tank?"

You're working overtime in order to purposefully misunderstand everything I said in both that thread and this one.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:50 pm
MeDotOrg wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:02 am
Now MeDotOrg, Binger would never find any of the countless overstatements of Russian power and victory the least bit humorous. He doesn't really find the Ukraine gun thing that funny either outside of context of this board. In his mind, this is the kind of story that all we dumb liberals who support Ukraine will believe without hesitation out of bias only. Further, our ignorance of guns, because we aren't unhinged Second Amendment, means we'd believe a semi-auto 12-guage with a modified choke can bring down a plane.

Dr. Shades really went the extra mile when he could have pointed out that the farmer's gun in the picture wouldn't bring down a Robin at 30 yards.
I find the comments a lot humorous.

That was some of your best and most clever writing in a while, Gad. Like the good ol' Gad. Well done.

Gauge, not guage.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Fakty i Kommentarii wrote:Today, a new hero emerged from a small village within the Zakarpattia oblast. Oleksiy Khavkin was playing a game of punch chicken, when he saw a streak going across the sky. Oleksiy quickly fetched his favorite implement of destruction -- a linden framed slingshot with a repurposed Kachorovska bra as a band -- and fired off several nearby petrified kozebupkes, before switching to one of his uncle's passed kidney stones. Little did he know that his target was a Russian 3M14 "Kalibr" missile. The nephrolith volley brought down the $980 million dollar missile, causing it to plunge and detonate safely in a nearby field.

Pictured: Oleksiy Shevchenko, demonstrating how he intercepted a Russian 3M14 Kalibr missile.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:07 pm
Fakty i Kommentarii wrote:Today, a new hero emerged from a small village within the Zakarpattia oblast. Oleksiy Khavkin was playing a game of punch chicken, when he saw a streak going across the sky. Oleksiy quickly fetched his favorite implement of destruction -- a linden framed slingshot with a repurposed Kachorovska bra as a band -- and fired off several nearby petrified kozebupkes, before switching to one of his uncle's passed kidney stones. Little did he know that his target was a Russian 3M14 "Kalibr" missile. The nephrolith volley brought down the $980 million dollar missile, causing it to plunge and detonate safely in a nearby field.

Pictured: Oleksiy Shevchenko, demonstrating how he intercepted a Russian 3M14 Kalibr missile.
That is not a repurposed bra, Steuss.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:07 pm

Lol. Though the technique is a good way to smack ones thumb. Said from experience with wrist rockets in my youth. Never get between the uprights...
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:57 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:36 am
You're probably right. A well-aimed shot by a frumpy looking gentleman brought down a modern Russian aircraft with possibly a shotgun.
Read carefully. I said "NOT" aircraft in the air, not "AND" aircraft in the air.
So a gravy meal team with customized AR-15s with unique camo color schemes and bump stocks will be soloing fortified positions and high-fiving at the blue team objective before the noob "trained" military with over-priced gear knows what hit them.
There's a difference between taking over a country and maintaining occupation of it. An armed populace deters the latter, not so much the former.
Tanks will be jack-in-the-boxing left and right when they get hit with those specially made home loaded rounds. Meal Team Six!
In your opinion, do my words "infantry, garrisons, and sentries" equal "tank?"

You're working overtime in order to purposefully misunderstand everything I said in both that thread and this one.
It's not working hard. Civies with AR-15s aren't a deterrent. I'm just having fun with the argument in it's entirety. Why? Because it's a bad argument.