Semi-Fascism in America

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: Semi-Fascism in America

Post by Vēritās »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:14 pm
They're semi-fascists who can't be reasoned with, as this thread demonstrates. They don't argue or debate; they repeat whiney lies. That's all they have. It is as though they think they'll die if they don't tell an obvious lie every damned day.

There's no doubt many Trumptards are completely on board with fascism, as long as their retarded orange thug is the dictator.
It is all part of the cognitive dissonance process. I find that Mormons tend to do this better than most because they're already conditioned to lie to themselves about religion, so it is an easy transition with politics.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:50 pm
So, none of those people have done anything wrong, amirite?
All we're going to do is treat people on both sides of the aisle the same, which will seem like tyranny to the left when in fact it's just a taste of their own medicine. Imagine treating the BLM protesters the same way the January 6 protesters were treated or the politicians that paid their bail and were slow to condemn the 2020 protests. You better fight like hell to retain power lest your two tiered justice system blows up in your face.

Imagine silencing left wing speech being censored on social media and criminalizing their political opinion every time some criminal uses their incitation a defense for violent behavior. Wait till "the big guy," gets impeached for his influence pedaling after nonstop congressional investigation for the rest of his or any Democrats term.
Every time a MAGA posts a hate-filled screed, a bell rings and Republican voter realizes that Biden was right and decided to vote D. 😉
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:13 pm
We'll make CNN and MSNBC put disclaimers labeling their "news" partisan political opinion and enemies of the state.
Umm ... has anyone done that to Fox News? If not, what is all this "we'll do it right back to them" stuff about?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Would this qualify as fascism or threats of political violence?

Kathy Griffin Warns ‘Civil War’ If Voters Elect Republicans in November Midterms

Kathy Griffin is doing her part to help Democrats escalate political rhetoric to dangerous levels ahead of the November midterms, saying there will be “civil war” if voters elect Republicans.

On Tuesday, the anti-Trump comedian tweeted what seemed like a threat of domestic violence if Democrats don’t prevail in the midterms. “If you don’t want a Civil War, vote for Democrats in November. If you do want Civil War, vote Republican,” she wrote.

Griffin’s tweet appears to part of the left’s coordinated effort to raise the political temperature to alarming levels through deliberately provocative language.

Her tweet came just days after President Joe Biden attacked Trump supporters as domestic enemies, saying in his now-infamous speech on Thursday that MAGA Republicans represent a “threat to this country.”

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment ... -midterms/
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Reads to me as a shallow observation more-so than a threat.

"Republicans want civil war. Democrats don't." <---- The Dumbed-down version.

Stupid tweet? Yes. A threat of violence? I can see how it would be seen as that through the lens of perpetual fear and projection.

I'm more surprised she managed to make herself relevant again.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Trump has already threatened civil war. Why are there so many war-loving people? War is hell.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:04 pm

Stupid tweet? Yes. A threat of violence? I can see how it would be seen as that through the lens of perpetual fear and projection.

Well it's not the first stupid tweet but somehow Twitter doesn't have a problem leaving this tweet up nor does the supposedly impartial space in the public square suspend her account.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

We should move all Puerta Ricans to the mainland and give MAGAtes Puerta Rico. We should let the people who want to be Americans stay and give all these Trumptards who hate America their own island to do whatever the hell they want with it.

Sure, the island will be a reprise of Lord of the Flies, but they'll finally get the experiment they want. With Trump there, they'd already have the pig's head swarming with flies.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:11 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:04 pm

Well it's not the first stupid tweet but somehow Twitter doesn't have a problem leaving this tweet up nor does the supposedly impartial space in the public square suspend her account.
Capitalist corporations do weird things.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Citing a "vendetta" against her in the wake of a controversial photo last year, comedian Kathy Griffin accused President Donald Trump of personally ordering federal agents to make her life miserable.

After the release of the photo in May 2017, in which Griffin holds a bloodied, severed effigy head of Trump, Griffin was investigated by the Secret Service. Nearly two months later, she announced, she had been cleared. But she maintains the investigation's scope was unnecessary –- and that the White House was responsible
Ajax,

Are you genuinely retarded?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.