The Mother of All Ass Kicking

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: The Mother of All Ass Kicking

Post by canpakes »

Res, do you have a link to the original complaint by Team Trump, that this doc is responding to?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:35 pm
Marcus wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:34 pm

oh,ok, thanks for the information.

the "knowledge of Florida" rejection is still my favorite.
It's so hard for me to choose just one. ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:42 pm
Res, do you have a link to the original complaint by Team Trump, that this doc is responding to?
You bet: https://embed.documentcloud.org/documen ... =1&title=1

A couple of other tidbits. Several judges recused themselves from hearing this case. When Judge Middlebrooks was assigned, Trump moved to disqualify him. Shoppers gonna shop.

Also, after the Amended Complaint was filed, the judge issued a minute order saying that the defendants, if they chose, could rely on their motions to dismiss the original complaint, as they two were not substantially different.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

The judge was a Clinton appointee,
So why does this result surprise you?
I'd guess that federal judges have had it with MAGA litigation nonsense, and it's sounding like more Americans feel the same.
If you're talking about voters and real poll numbers, that sure wasn't the case in the Virginia gubernatorial race. It will take a radical transformation of this country over the course of perhaps centuries in order for conservatives to once again get equal justice under the law.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

page 29.
...Plaintiff misunderstands the law....
so wonderfully succinct.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:08 pm
The judge was a Clinton appointee,
So why does this result surprise you?
Reading the paragraph you took this from, I don't see any indication that Res is surprised by the result?

Fun history:
The judge was confirmed by majority Republican Senate. A few notable names in the 105th Senate: Strom Thurmond, Orin Hatch, Ted Stevens, Thad Cochran, and Trent Lott.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Earlier today, I avoided reading this OP and save it for lunch so I could enjoy it with my cheesesteak. What a great idea that was.

This evening, I've reviewed a few news clips on the subject, and let me try to summarize an earth-shattering revelation. It turns out that this lawsuit was filed earlier in the year, in the wrong district, a district with a single federal judge, judge Aileen cannon. lol, wtf? Somehow, the case was sent elsewhere instead of to judge Aileen, to the judge who just ruled on the case but Trump had contested that -- earlier in the year of course -- under accusations of bias. The judge didn't relieve himself of duty, noting specifically that Trump didn't seem concerned about bias when he (revealing the fact noted above) filed the lawsuit in the wrong district, a district with one judge, Aileen Cannon, whom he appointed. lol.

Wonder what kinds of communication attempts have been made between Trump and Cannon. This definitely turns up the heat and hopefully scrutiny on Cannon.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:09 am
Earlier today, I avoided reading this opening post and save it for lunch so I could enjoy it with my cheesesteak. What a great idea that was.

This evening, I've reviewed a few news clips on the subject, and let me try to summarize an earth-shattering revelation. It turns out that this lawsuit was filed earlier in the year, in the wrong district, a district with a single federal judge, judge Aileen cannon. lol, wtf? Somehow, the case was sent elsewhere instead of to judge Aileen, to the judge who just ruled on the case but Trump had contested that -- earlier in the year of course -- under accusations of bias. The judge didn't relieve himself of duty, noting specifically that Trump didn't seem concerned about bias when he (revealing the fact noted above) filed the lawsuit in the wrong district, a district with one judge, Aileen Cannon, whom he appointed. lol.

Wonder what kinds of communication attempts have been made between Trump and Cannon. This definitely turns up the heat and hopefully scrutiny on Cannon.
Maybe the FBI will soon leak it to the mainstream from their fishing expedition at Mar a Lago. It just goes to show how politically biased the law has become. Maybe Hillary is right that we need a purge. We have no moral principles in common.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Maybe the FBI will soon leak it to the mainstream
I'm sorry, what are you talking about the FBI leaking?
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:48 am
Maybe the FBI will soon leak it to the mainstream
I'm sorry, what are you talking about the FBI leaking?
Confidential documents between Trump and his attorneys, Trump's taxes, and anything else the Dems in the upper echelon of the FBI can use to ridicule Republicans in November. They have to divert the attention of voters from gas prices, crime, inflation, taxes, open borders, school shutdowns, and the economy in general.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.