The Mother of All Ass Kicking

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gadianton
God

Re: The Mother of All Ass Kicking

Post by Gadianton »

How does that have anything to do with what you quoted from me?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:53 am
Gadianton wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:48 am

I'm sorry, what are you talking about the FBI leaking?
Confidential documents between Trump and his attorneys, Trump's taxes, and anything else the Dems in the upper echelon of the FBI can use to ridicule Republicans in November. They have to divert the attention of voters from gas prices, crime, inflation, taxes, open borders, school shutdowns, and the economy in general.
CFR on leaks of confidential attorney-client documents and taxes by the FBI.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:16 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:08 pm

So why does this result surprise you?
Reading the paragraph you took this from, I don't see any indication that Res is surprised by the result?

Fun history:
The judge was confirmed by majority Republican Senate. A few notable names in the 105th Senate: Strom Thurmond, Orin Hatch, Ted Stevens, Thad Cochran, and Trent Lott.
I wasn’t surprised, but it doesn’t matter who the judge was. Absent bribery or blackmail, I doubt you could find a federal judge who wouldn’t have granted the motion to dismiss. If I translated how bad this complaint is into your profession, Ajax, it would be like you writing a prescription for glasses with lenses made of brick.
he/him

Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:16 pm
Fun history:
The judge was confirmed by majority Republican Senate. A few notable names in the 105th Senate: Strom Thurmond, Orin Hatch, Ted Stevens, Thad Cochran, and Trent Lott.
Trump and most of his Republican supporters would tell you they were RINOS. Apparently, Sen. Strom Thurmond was a white-horned RINO.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:12 am
ajax18 wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:53 am

Confidential documents between Trump and his attorneys, Trump's taxes, and anything else the Dems in the upper echelon of the FBI can use to ridicule Republicans in November. They have to divert the attention of voters from gas prices, crime, inflation, taxes, open borders, school shutdowns, and the economy in general.
They're probably coming as an October surprise.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:06 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:12 am

They're probably coming as an October surprise.
So now you’re outraged at leaks that haven’t happened yet?
😉
he/him

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Just as a quick review this is all part of a plan to discredit the election system and to sow distrust in the institutions the GOP is actively trying to undermine.

- There was the internal effort at the White House (led by Eastman and others) to overturn the electoral vote count.

- - In Georgia voting systems were illegally breached by GOPhers.

- - Politico showed the GOP is setting up a sophisticated network across multiple swing states to contest election results. They are installing loyalists on the Board of Canvassers, which is responsible for certifying the election results, including individuals who believe the 2020 election was stolen.

- There was the attack on the Capitol. Zero chance of actually succeeding, but proof that when pushed, Trump supporters will resort to violence.

- There was the "fake electors" plot in multiple swing states.

- There were efforts to breach the actual voting machines and corrupt the process at the precinct level. GOPhers were actually trying to steal pens from the election booths themselves! <- this was in AZ where an official was ‘reprimanded’ for it

- There was the propaganda campaign (ongoing) to sew distrust in the integrity of the vote. See: OP

- This was a multi-pronged effort to overturn an election. Full stop.

Everything, and I mean everything the GQP accuses the Left of doing they’re actually doing themselves. Projection at its finest (not that this’ll move the needle for Qtards and populists).

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:28 pm
Everything, and I mean everything the GQP accuses the Left of doing they’re actually doing themselves. Projection at its finest (not that this’ll move the needle for Qtards and populists).

- Doc
This is so obvious it cannot be overemphasized!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:09 am
Earlier today, I avoided reading this opening post and save it for lunch so I could enjoy it with my cheesesteak. What a great idea that was.

This evening, I've reviewed a few news clips on the subject, and let me try to summarize an earth-shattering revelation. It turns out that this lawsuit was filed earlier in the year, in the wrong district, a district with a single federal judge, judge Aileen cannon. lol, wtf? Somehow, the case was sent elsewhere instead of to judge Aileen, to the judge who just ruled on the case but Trump had contested that -- earlier in the year of course -- under accusations of bias. The judge didn't relieve himself of duty, noting specifically that Trump didn't seem concerned about bias when he (revealing the fact noted above) filed the lawsuit in the wrong district, a district with one judge, Aileen Cannon, whom he appointed. lol.

Wonder what kinds of communication attempts have been made between Trump and Cannon. This definitely turns up the heat and hopefully scrutiny on Cannon.
Judge Middlebrook wrote:3 I note that Plaintiff filed this lawsuit in the Fort Pierce division of this District, where only one
federal judge sits: Judge Aileen Cannon, who Plaintiff appointed in 2020. Despite the odds, this
case landed with me instead. And when Plaintiff is a litigant before a judge that he himself
appointed, he does not tend to advance these same sorts of bias concerns. See, e.g., Donald J.
Trump v. Wisc. Elections Comm'n, No. 20-cv-1785 (E.D. Wis. 2020) (Judge Brett Ludwig);
Donald J. Trump for President, Inc., et al., v. Sec. of Commonwealth of Pa., No. 20-cv-3371 (3d
Cir. 2020) (Judge Stephanos Bibas); Comm. on Ways and Means, U.S. House of Representatives
v. U.S. Dep't of the Treasury, No. 19-cv-01974 (D.D.C. 2019) (Judge Trevor McFadden).
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

knew that Florida is a state in the United States which was an important one
...as opposed to the states that are not important?
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land