Dozens of Trump's lawyers just ruined their own careers.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

This video is about how Dozens of the former guy's lawyers just ruined their own careers. The video also talks about how According to a report from the New York Times, the quip that "MAGA" (Make America Great Again) also means "making attorneys get attorneys" is particularly apt as dozens of lawyers who rushed to defend Donald Trump now find themselves facing disbarment, investigations, subpoenas and possible criminal charges.
And as if that wasn't already bad enough, Trump is notorious for not paying his attorneys what he owes them for their services. Few, if any, top notch, highly reputable attorneys are willing to work for him anymore.
Last edited by Gunnar on Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Chap
God

Re: Dozens of Trump's lawyers just ruined their own careers.

Post by Chap »

Gunnar wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:38 pm
This video is about how Dozens of the former guy's lawyers just ruined their own careers. The video also talks about how According to a report from the New York Times, the quip that "MAGA" (Make America Great Again) also means "making attorneys get attorneys" is particularly apt as dozens of lawyers who rushed to defend Donald Trump now find themselves facing disbarment, investigations, subpoenas and possible criminal charges.
I watched the beginning of all this. Basically judges (including Trump appointed judges) reacted to Trump's lawyers' claims of election malpractice by saying, in effect "What's gives? You have no solid evidence, no basis in law, and you don't seem to have much of a locus standi either. This is a waste of my time, as well as an attempt to mislead the court. As a member of the bar, you are supposed to behave differently from that."

And now that is catching up with them.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Chap wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:48 pm
I watched the beginning of all this. Basically judges (including Trump appointed judges) reacted to Trump's lawyers' claims of election malpractice by saying, in effect "What's gives? You have no solid evidence, no basis in law, and you don't seem to have much of a locus standi either. This is a waste of my time, as well as an attempt to mislead the court. As a member of the bar, you are supposed to behave differently from that."

And now that is catching up with them.
And as I added before your reply, "And as if that wasn't already bad enough, Trump is notorious for not paying his attorneys what he owes them for their services. Few, if any, top notch, highly reputable attorneys are willing to work for him anymore."
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

I would not be surprised to find that Judge Aileen Cannon is now among judges and lawyers who regret having acted on Trump's behalf.

ETA: On the other hand, she may have reckoned that her ruling might have helped secure Trump's reelection in 2024, and that he would reward her by nominating her to the Supreme Court should a vacancy arise during his next term as President.
Last edited by Gunnar on Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

If and when Trump regains power, these lawyers might be appointed to the Reichsgericht (except for those without real law degrees, they can be appointed judges in the Florida courts).
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:59 am
If and when Trump regains power, these lawyers might be appointed to the Reichsgericht (except for those without real law degrees, they can be appointed judges in the Florida courts).
The scary thing is that there is nothing in the Constitution that would preclude Trump from nominating them even if they have been justifiably disbarred for their unethical and even illegal actions on his behalf.