Humans as Physical Political Pawns

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
High Spy
Regional Representative

Re: Humans as Physical Political Pawns

Post by High Spy »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:39 pm
Remind me again how much time you personally spend patrolling the border.
You allowed them in, so they're your responsibility.
I allowed them in? How exactly, did I personally allow them in?

Be specific.
Maybes you was born named after the guy that almost got the world blowed up. :lol:

Or something like that.
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

In researching it a bit, there’s nothing preventing Texas from deploying more law enforcement to protect its southern border, and prevent illegal crossings. There’s nothing preventing Florida from sending more law enforcement to protect Texas’ border. There’s nothing preventing Republican Governors from mobilizing their respective National Guards.

Why does Ajax advocate that other states have to pay for Texas not securing its border?

Ajax sure seems generous when it comes to other people’s money, and bailing out others for their own problems.

Typical leftist extremist.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:04 pm
This wasn't considered cruel when Obama was busing and flying undocumented immigrants to different cities around the country. It's not like they had a place to stay in Texas either.

And as EAllusion always insisted, illegal immigrants are a net benefit to the economy. So every sanctuary city should be happy to have them. It's a gift. Be thankful for it.

If you're really worried about these people, why make us have to send them to you by bus or plane. Come get them and put them up in your own houses if necessary. Oh yes, I forgot. The left is only generous with other peoples money, not their own. You've been using these people as political pawns for 70 years! And there votes built you some really nice houses in Martha's vineyard. I see no reason you can't put them in your own houses.
This is disingenuous to an extreme. Obama did not lie to refugees about where they were being taken, record phony addresses for them that were thousands of miles away from where they were settled, or just drop them off on the street without any arrangements for work and housing.

I don't hear any arguments from sanctuary cities or other liberals that they should be exempt from having asylum seekers live in their communities. In fact, that's kind of implied by what a sanctuary city means. But you've shown no evidence whatsoever that the federal government has placed a disproportionate number of refugees in red states or red communities. And the only political games that have been played with refugees has been by the right. Settling refugees in locations throughout the U.S. has indeed gone on for 70 years -- but that doesn't make them political pawns. It's the right that has politicized the whole refugee issue.

EAllusion was right in what he said and he's still right today. You can't refute his claim, so you simply distort it. It doesn't matter how productive a refugee is as a worker if he is dropped without warning on the street of a seasonal community in the off season when there are no jobs. It's just common sense. That's not how refugees are settled in a community.

Neither Obama nor anyone else has forced conservatives to put refugees in their houses. I pay the same taxes you do, and so I pay for settlement of refugees just like you do. by the way, not every house on the Vineyard is owned by a liberal and not every liberal owns a house on the Vineyard.

I get it. You don't want to be an American citizen, with the privileges and the obligations that go along with being a citizen. Tough. It's a big world and you have lots of choices. But don't try to claim the moral high ground when you gleefully celebrate asylum seekers being lied to, being given false information intended to get them deported, and being dropped off without advanced notice in a location without the jobs and homes they were promised all in the name of "pwning the libs."

How in the world did you get to be a Mormon without absorbing basic Mormon values, including the teachings of Christ?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:25 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:04 pm
This wasn't considered cruel when Obama was busing and flying undocumented immigrants to different cities around the country. It's not like they had a place to stay in Texas either.

And as EAllusion always insisted, illegal immigrants are a net benefit to the economy. So every sanctuary city should be happy to have them. It's a gift. Be thankful for it.

If you're really worried about these people, why make us have to send them to you by bus or plane. Come get them and put them up in your own houses if necessary. Oh yes, I forgot. The left is only generous with other peoples money, not their own. You've been using these people as political pawns for 70 years! And there votes built you some really nice houses in Martha's vineyard. I see no reason you can't put them in your own houses.
This is disingenuous to an extreme. Obama did not lie to refugees about where they were being taken, record phony addresses for them that were thousands of miles away from where they were settled, or just drop them off on the street without any arrangements for work and housing.

I don't hear any arguments from sanctuary cities or other liberals that they should be exempt from having asylum seekers live in their communities. In fact, that's kind of implied by what a sanctuary city means. But you've shown no evidence whatsoever that the federal government has placed a disproportionate number of refugees in red states or red communities. And the only political games that have been played with refugees has been by the right. Settling refugees in locations throughout the U.S. has indeed gone on for 70 years -- but that doesn't make them political pawns. It's the right that has politicized the whole refugee issue.

EAllusion was right in what he said and he's still right today. You can't refute his claim, so you simply distort it. It doesn't matter how productive a refugee is as a worker if he is dropped without warning on the street of a seasonal community in the off season when there are no jobs. It's just common sense. That's not how refugees are settled in a community.

Neither Obama nor anyone else has forced conservatives to put refugees in their houses. I pay the same taxes you do, and so I pay for settlement of refugees just like you do. by the way, not every house on the Vineyard is owned by a liberal and not every liberal owns a house on the Vineyard.

I get it. You don't want to be an American citizen, with the privileges and the obligations that go along with being a citizen. Tough. It's a big world and you have lots of choices. But don't try to claim the moral high ground when you gleefully celebrate asylum seekers being lied to, being given false information intended to get them deported, and being dropped off without advanced notice in a location without the jobs and homes they were promised all in the name of "pwning the libs."

How in the world did you get to be a Mormon without absorbing basic Mormon values, including the teachings of Christ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC2JaIyunVo

You let a tidal wave of people in by refusing to enforce the border at all. If MacAllen, Texas is supposed to provide for 1000 migrants/month, New York City can surely provide for 100,000 illegal immigrants per month.
Last edited by Hawkeye on Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:46 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:

I don't do link and run.
he/him

Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:49 pm
I don't do link and run.
You let them in. You pay for it.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:50 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:49 pm

I don't do link and run.
You let them in. You pay for it.
Basics civics, Ajax. That's not how it works. Our representative government let them in, we pay for them as a country. You want a country where you only have to pay for the public goods you approve of, I suggest.... Actually nowhere. I wonder why that is.
he/him

Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Basics civics, Ajax. That's not how it works. Our representative government let them in, we pay for them as a country.
Yeah well the governor we elected is sending them to greener pastures in blue states. We are declaring ourselves a free state with private property rights again.
Last edited by Hawkeye on Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Veritas
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hawkeye wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:21 am
Basics civics, Ajax. That's not how it works. Our representative government let them in, we pay for them as a country.
Yeah well the governor we elected is sending them to you.
You live in Florida?

Anyway. Here’s a picture to tickle your fancy:

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:46 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:

You let a tidal wave of people in by refusing to enforce the border at all. If MacAllen, Texas is supposed to provide for 1000 migrants/month, New York City can surely provide for 100,000 illegal immigrants per month.
LOL. It’s Humpty Dumpy day again. I know the border is enforced because I sat in an hour long line waiting to go through customs a couple of weeks ago. To hear you tell it, I should have been able to just drive through with no stops.

You keep confusing “enforcing the border” with “enforcing the border the way Ajax wants it enforced.” Those are two completely different concepts.

A free state? Now you’re just trolling.
he/him