Gov. deports undocumented workers from Martha's Vineyard

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Re: Gov. deports undocumented workers from Martha's Vineyard

Post by Hawkeye »

Ajax, you've been urged on a number of occasions to learn something about the laws that apply to those seeking asylum in the U.S. I'm not going to debate your grievance theater when you can't take the time to learn the basics.
Obviously Javier Salazar trying to prosecute DeSantis doesn't know much about the laws either.

"I don't know exactly which laws or statutes De Santis broke, but we're going to spend a bunch of money investigating to see if we can find something to charge him with." Sounds like a pretty backward way of doing an investigation. I wonder how much he spent investigating the 49 illegal immigrants found cooked to death in a trailer in his county?

Maybe they'll get him under the Logan act?

De Santis never promised the 50 migrants to Martha's vineyard jobs or housing. Those people had mulitple opportunities to back out of that flight.

We now have 3 immigrants entering the country for every baby born to legal American citizens. That's not a conspiracy replacement theory. It's just a fact. The majority of people in the US don't want that nor did they ever. And yet somehow the higher ups in the establishment have found a way to impose that upon an unwilling population.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hawkeye wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:26 pm
Ajax, you've been urged on a number of occasions to learn something about the laws that apply to those seeking asylum in the U.S. I'm not going to debate your grievance theater when you can't take the time to learn the basics.
Obviously Javier Salazar trying to prosecute DeSantis doesn't know much about the laws either.

"I don't know exactly which laws or statutes De Santis broke, but we're going to spend a bunch of money investigating to see if we can find something to charge him with." Sounds like a pretty backward way of doing an investigation. I wonder how much he spent investigating the 49 illegal immigrants found cooked to death in a trailer in his county?

De Santis never promised the 50 migrants to Martha's vineyard jobs or housing. Those people had mulitple opportunities to back out of that flight.

We now have 3 immigrants entering the country for every baby born to legal American citizens. That's not a conspiracy replacement theory. It's just a fact. The majority of people in the US don't want that nor did they ever. And yet somehow the higher ups in the establishment have found a way to impose that upon an unwilling population.
Did you read the complaint that was linked by RI?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Hawkeye wrote:

Where are you getting your numbers? Out of Brietbart's butt?

Here's a graph of U.S. population change from the census:

So, in 2021, there were 7x the number of babies born in the U.S. as there were immigrants. Just what percentage of the U.S. population do you think people here illegally represent?

CIS, an anti-immigrant group made this estimate of the number of babies born to undocumented immigrants in 2014:
In 2014, one in five births (791,000) in the United States was to an immigrant mother (legal or illegal). Our best estimate is that legal immigrants accounted for 12.4 percent (494,000) of all births, and illegal immigrants accounted for 7.5 percent (297,000).
https://cis.org/Report/Births-Legal-and ... igrants-US

Okay, so even CIS would agree that 92.5% of the births in the U.S. are to "legal" Americans.

Pew estimated the number of annual births by undocumented folks at 6% in 2016:
The number of babies born to unauthorized immigrant parents represented about 6% of the 4.0 million total births in the U.S. in 2016, compared with 9% of all births in 2007.
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... ince-2007/

So, there you go again. You use fake facts to fuel your outrage without ever spending the little time it takes to get the straight scoop.
The births to legal Americans per year are a multiple of the number of the increase in immigrants per year -- you have this exactly backwards.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:06 pm
You use fake facts to fuel your outrage without ever spending the little time it takes to get the straight scoop.
Fake facts are all Breitbart has to offer. The news is forwarded to Fox by blind hamsters:

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:23 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:20 pm
Okay. You have big balls, all the ladies must be after you.
My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

In an interesting twist of fate. Migrants from places such as New York are being transported to Florida to assist with clean-up.

Time Article
New York Post Article (Referenced by Time)

So, De Santis wasted state emergency money to send people to another state in a political stunt, just to have even more people come back, all while he spends other people's money.

Classic.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Ron DeSantis illegally pays an illegal immigrant for work.

So the Republican values of today state that you can't work illegally in America unless a Republican pays you, and you cannot have an abortion in America unless a Republican fux you.

Man Says He Got Paid To Help 'Coordinate' Ron DeSantis' Migrant Trips In Texas
A Venezuelan migrant said he received hundreds of dollars in payments to “help coordinate” flights part of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ migrant plane trip program, the Miami Herald reported on Friday.

The man’s claim comes more than a month after DeSantis sent roughly 50 migrants, mostly from Venezuela, via planes from Texas to Martha’s Vineyard.

The move, which Democrats criticized as a shameful political stunt, has led to multiple investigations into the trip along with lawsuits.

The man – who identified himself as Emmanuel – told the newspaper that Perla Huerta, the U.S. Army veteran who reportedly lured migrants onto planes for the stunt last month, recruited him to distribute her business cards to migrants in Texas.

Huerta – who worked for the DeSantis official-linked aviation company that Florida paid over $1.56 million – paid Emmanuel $700 for his work that included haircuts for migrants who were waiting for Martha’s Vineyard flights, the Miami Herald reported.

Emmanuel’s business card distribution, the newspaper noted, was to gauge migrants’ interest in flights to Illinois and Delaware, a plan that was later called off following news of an investigation into the DeSantis program.

Emmanuel, who said he does not have a permit to work in the United States, “turned to Huerta to see if she could help him out with a paid gig,” the newspaper reported.

Huerta’s reported payments to Emmanuel could come in contrast with a Florida state law that requires government contractors and subcontractors to register with and use the federal E-Verify system to verify the work authorization status of all newly hired employees, the law states.

The law also states that subcontractors who enter into a contract with a contractor must provide contractors with an affidavit that states “the subcontractor does not employ, contract with, or subcontract with an unauthorized alien.”
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (108.14 KiB) Viewed 424 times
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Latest development:
Keefe, who served as a U.S. Attorney in the Trump administration, used encrypted messaging apps and a private email address from “Clarice Starling” when communicating with James Montgomerie, CEO of Vertol Systems, a Destin, Fla.-based company the administration paid at least $1.5 million to coordinate the migrant flights. They also show Keefe helping Vertol, who he represented when in private legal practice, draft invoice language the company used when submitting its proposal to the Florida Department of Transportation.
Link

So, willful attempts to avoid public records laws, manipulation of invoices to misuse taxpayer funds... all to spend $50,000 per immigrant for a political stunt. That's right, $50,000 thrown away, per immigrant, for a singular political stunt.

Y'know, if someone had a functional "evil" detector, it might ping a bit.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:42 pm
Hawkeye wrote:

Did you read the complaint that was linked by RI?

- Doc
I’ll take that as yet another, “No.” Dude is in his own mind prison. What a way to live.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:04 pm
In an interesting twist of fate. Migrants from places such as New York are being transported to Florida to assist with clean-up.

Time Article
New York Post Article (Referenced by Time)

So, De Santis wasted state emergency money to send people to another state in a political stunt, just to have even more people come back, all while he spends other people's money.

Classic.
That's hilarious! That sure brings into sharp relief the abject absurdity (or, at least, the maliciousness) of De Santis' little stunt! He showed no regard or compassion for either the migrants or for taxpaying Florida citizens from whom came the money to pay for it!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.