Gov. deports undocumented workers from Martha's Vineyard

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Gov. deports undocumented workers from Martha's Vineyard

Post by Moksha »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:41 pm
DeSantis is popular enough. If we can't enforce the border, this is the only thing we really can do.
Political grandstanding for the Trump Brownshirts and human trafficking of Venezuelan citizens are two things.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

You want a real-world example of Conservative values today? It’s Ajax dishonestly using a sock puppet to respond to his own thread. What about Conservative respect? RI asked Ajax politely from engaging in that behavior which he ignored. Hypocrites. All of ‘em GQP’ers.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Moksha wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:34 pm
DeSantis is guilty of human trafficking. His payoff for this crime was to ingratiate himself with the Trump Brown Shirts.
DeSantis is popular enough. If we can't enforce the border, this is the only thing we really can do.
ajax, as you are a father, I know that you care about and support children. I hope that you don’t mind, but I’m sending 50 orphaned children to your place of business. I’ve told them that they’ll have shelter and assistance waiting for them upon arrival. Please see to it that they’re taken care of.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:19 pm
ajax18 wrote:

ajax, as you are a father, I know that you care about and support children. I hope that you don’t mind, but I’m sending 50 orphaned children to your place of business. I’ve told them that they’ll have shelter and assistance waiting for them upon arrival. Please see to it that they’re taken care of.
To really make the analogy come full circle, I would then prosecute you for human trafficking charges after I had been dumping orphans off at your place for decades.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:12 pm
You want a real-world example of Conservative values today? It’s Ajax dishonestly using a sock puppet to respond to his own thread. What about Conservative respect? RI asked Ajax politely from engaging in that behavior which he ignored. Hypocrites. All of ‘'em GQP’ers.

- Doc
Be thankful I don't walk down welfare square and offer every bum a $100 to get on a bus bound for your property.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:46 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
You want a real-world example of Conservative values today? It’s Ajax dishonestly using a sock puppet to respond to his own thread. What about Conservative respect? RI asked Ajax politely from engaging in that behavior which he ignored. Hypocrites. All of ‘'em GQP’ers.

- Doc
Be thankful I don't walk down welfare square and offer every bum a $100 to get on a bus bound for your property.
Who would officiate General Conference?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc
If any typical metro area’s public transportation system was adequately funded enough to service all of the areas that you’d like, then you might have such an option. But, that’s rarely the case.

Makes you think, right? : D
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:32 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Who would officiate General Conference?

- Doc
Statement from the LDS Church:
“The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has long expressed its position that immigration reform should strengthen families and keep them together. The forced separation of children from their parents now occurring at the U.S.-Mexico border is harmful to families, especially to young children. We are deeply troubled by the aggressive and insensitive treatment of these families. While we recognize the right of all nations to enforce their laws and secure their borders, we encourage our national leaders to take swift action to correct this situation and seek for rational, compassionate solutions.”
Maybe you, Abbot and DeSantis should look into sending immigrants to this address:

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/lea ... YnNpdGU%3D
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Maybe you, Abbot and DeSantis should look into sending immigrants to this address:

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/lea ... YnNpdGU%3D
Indeed we should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC2JaIyunVo
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Don't know about Florida but speaking for Texas, I agree in principle that if you happen to have a border in your state, and if people are crossing illegally, it shouldn't be just the responsibility of Texas to feed and clothe and whatever. It's a shared responsibility by all the states. I have no comment on the particulars as it's really not something delved into (I doubt you've delved into it either, Ajax), but in principle, if it's true that suddenly there are historic numbers of illegals crossing, and if the federal government isn't going to send them away, the federal government (representing the shared burden of all states) should provide in the interim.