Gov. deports undocumented workers from Martha's Vineyard

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Re: Gov. deports undocumented workers from Martha's Vineyard

Post by Hawkeye »

Well, that’s a fine reward for the asylum petitioners. : D
Yeah, remain in Mexico while awaiting your asylum claim was inhumane.
Potential Floridian Presidential candidate believes that border crossers should be given living arrangements in big cities and posh vacation hamlets while poor Floridians are left to starve on iguana meat while dodging sinkholes.
Now that's funny.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

How, exactly, does the Biden administration "drop off" 1100 people a week. Or do you mean that they are admitted to the U.S. as asylum seekers? Now, how many stay in MacAllen every month?
“You see New York, you see Washington [DC] kind of drowning with a few buses,” McAllen Mayor Javier Villalobos scoffed in an interview with Fox News.

“The city of McAllen was able to deal with thousands of immigrants a day,” Villalobos said. “I think they can handle a few hundred.”
https://nypost.com/2022/08/13/texas-may ... ant-buses/

The real danger for the left is that even Democrats aren't going to like having busloads of asylum seekers squatting on their property and demanding benefits. That could be what ultimately breaks the blue wall regardless of how many illegal immigrants they register to vote.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Hawkeye wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:10 am
How, exactly, does the Biden administration "drop off" 1100 people a week. Or do you mean that they are admitted to the U.S. as asylum seekers? Now, how many stay in MacAllen every month?
“You see New York, you see Washington [DC] kind of drowning with a few buses,” McAllen Mayor Javier Villalobos scoffed in an interview with Fox News.

“The city of McAllen was able to deal with thousands of immigrants a day,” Villalobos said. “I think they can handle a few hundred.”
https://nypost.com/2022/08/13/texas-may ... ant-buses/

The real danger for the left is that even Democrats aren't going to like having busloads of asylum seekers squatting on their property and demanding benefits. That could be what ultimately breaks the blue wall regardless of how many illegal immigrants they register to vote.
LOL! Where do you get this stuff? There are no asylum seekers squatting on your property and demanding benefits. The 50 human beings you just dismiss as though they are somehow less than human, want to work. They’re not demanding anything. They’re asking for a chance to work and to raise their kids and to live their lives — exactly the same as you.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

As far as I'm concerned, people as intolerant and uncharitable towards minorities and immigrants as Hawkeye/ajax seems to be, are far more deserving of deportation and denial of U.S. citizenship than the asylum seekers they complain about. They are neither good Americans nor good Christians.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Y'know, DeSantis could have saved the taxpayers a lot of money had he chosen another expensive home, where undocumented workers in America is enabled by illegally giving them jobs.

Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:36 am
Y'know, DeSantis could have saved the taxpayers a lot of money had he chosen another expensive home, where undocumented workers in America is enabled by illegally giving them jobs.
Excellent suggestion!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:29 pm
Somehow, I’m not very motivated to see as Presidential the potential Floridian candidate who thinks that solving the border situation is achieved by sending a batch of 50 immigrants from outside of his state, to another state.
Seems like lying and doing illegal stuff is to establish credentials for his party's nomination.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

I didn't see anyone at Martha's taking them in. Within 48 hours they sent them out. $14 million homes and yet they couldn't accommodate 50 illegal immigrants.
Veritas
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hawkeye wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:10 am
… regardless of how many illegal immigrants they register to vote.
-_-

https://ballotpedia.org/Laws_permitting ... ted_States

:roll:

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Hawkeye wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:20 pm
I didn't see anyone at Martha's taking them in. Within 48 hours they sent them out. $14 million homes and yet they couldn't accommodate 50 illegal immigrants.
Because they were assigned court dates to appear this Monday all over the country, in an apparent attempt to make it impossible to attend them. Watch the video within this tweet.

https://Twitter.com/jsrailton/status/15 ... 46661?s=10