Gov. deports undocumented workers from Martha's Vineyard

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Gov. deports undocumented workers from Martha's Vineyard

Post by Moksha »

Hawkeye wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:20 pm
I didn't see anyone at Martha's taking them in.
That is because you did not see the news clips. Breitbart does not do good follow-ups.

How could Massachusetts best press charges against this stunt by DeSantis? Do you think this will best be left to immigration attorneys vs the Florida Attorney General's Office?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Hawkeye wrote:
… $14 million homes …
If there’s a home there worth $14 million dollars, then everyone there must live in $14 million dollar homes.

With that logic, we can see that folks in West Virginia are even more well-off.

https://www.realtor.com/news/unique-hom ... nsion/amp/?/

ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:13 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
I didn't see anyone at Martha's taking them in.
That is because you did not see the news clips. Breitbart does not do good follow-ups.

How could Massachusetts best press charges against this stunt by DeSantis? Do you think this will best be left to immigration attorneys vs the Florida Attorney General's Office?
You have the same rights the American worker has to press charges against Obama's illegal unconstitutional executive amnesty and your decades long refusal to enforce democratically established immigration law.

It's not like undocumented immigrants don't want to get to blue states and sanctuary cities. We're just giving them a ride.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:30 am
As far as I'm concerned, people as intolerant and uncharitable towards minorities and immigrants as Hawkeye/ajax seems to be, are far more deserving of deportation and denial of U.S. citizenship than the asylum seekers they complain about. They are neither good Americans nor good Christians.
The great replacement theory? Just a conspiracy theory. Huh?

We keep you alive to pay the tax. Freedom, right?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:43 pm
Gunnar wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, people as intolerant and uncharitable towards minorities and immigrants as Hawkeye/ajax seems to be, are far more deserving of deportation and denial of U.S. citizenship than the asylum seekers they complain about. They are neither good Americans nor good Christians.

By all means explain in your own words what the Great Replacement Theory is.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Gunnar wrote:

I will not apologize for thinking that incorrigible and hateful bigots like yourself (regardless of race, religion or ethnicity) are a blight on our democracy and deserve to be replaced. Nevertheless, I support your constitutional 1st Amendment right to believe or say whatever bigoted and hateful thing you want to (as long as you don't try to incite violence) and acknowledge that there is no lawful way to force your replacement, however well deserved.

I know you don't regard yourself as a bigot, but it has always been true that it is the nature of bigots that they are the least likely to recognize their own bigotry. That's what makes bigotry so intractable and dangerous.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:08 pm
ajax18 wrote:

By all means explain in your own words what the Great Replacement Theory is.

- Doc
And while you're at it, ajax18, try to explain in your own words what critical race theory is. I have yet to hear any critic of it who doesn't mistakenly or deliberately mischaracterize it as something it isn't.

The same thing goes for "wokism." It is apparent to me that "wokism" is mainly a euphemistic term used by bigots to disparage others who rightly expose their bigotry and refuse to be bigots like themselves.
Last edited by Gunnar on Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:41 pm
Moksha wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:34 pm
DeSantis is guilty of human trafficking. His payoff for this crime was to ingratiate himself with the Trump Brown Shirts.
DeSantis is popular enough. If we can't enforce the border, this is the only thing we really can do.
By lying and deceiving and violating domestic and international laws? Yeah, that sounds about right for today's "Conservative" mindset. The end justifies the means so long as their blind ignorance and bigotry is gratified.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

The MAGA crowd are victims of their own stupidity. I'm glad they feel so much anxiety and fear over immigrants, even though it's misery of their own making. It would suck if all their cruelty was just for show.

Every time an immigrant crosses the boarder, another MAGAt gets a chance to moan and whine. Biden 2024: Make MAGAts Whine Again!
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://www.businessinsider.com/migrant ... reddit.com
Some of the migrants told Reuters that a woman named "Perla" approached them, paid them $200, and helped put them up in a hotel the night before she led them to the chartered flights with promises of a better life.

Luis, a Venezuelan migrant who was approached by the woman after arriving in San Antonio, said that she also made them sign a liability waiver and did not share her last name.
Florida has siphoned $12 million in public funds to coordinate the migrant flights, according to Reuters.
Dishonesty. Theft. Fiscal irresponsibility. Does this mover the GOPhers’ needle at all with regard to to voting for party members? Lolno. Desantis is raking in the money from these people.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.