Gov. deports undocumented workers from Martha's Vineyard

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: Gov. deports undocumented workers from Martha's Vineyard

Post by Vēritās »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:49 am
Vēritās wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:07 am
You really don't know much about anything do you. This is true for many American contractors as well.
They don't pay taxes? Who is easier to investigate, someone who buys a house here or in Mexico?
Now you're shifting like ajax. None of these people making less than $50k are being "investigated." Here in America workers from MANY professions get paid under the table. It is just a simple fact of American life. Hell I remember when I was a kid delivering pizzas we were supposed to report our tips into the computer before clocking out but few people actually did that. And when I waited tables some folks would report maybe 20% of their tips, which means the company usually ended up paying them a minimum wage instead of the $2.13/hr they were supposed to be paying. I distinctively remember one bartender getting all excited about buying his first home because he knew he made over $80,000/year but when it came time to apply for the loan, they couldn't verify that income because what he reported was closer to $40,000. So he had to keep renting.

But hey, keep blaming those immigrants about tax dodging. I'm sure that's a great look for you on other, * friendly forums.

Americans dodge taxes and they do so knowingly. Immigrants don't know or care about taxes. They just want to work and support their families and if that means living in a crappy trailer while working 90hrs between jobs and buying the kid's clothes and food at Walmart and Family Dollar, then so be it. They do this with smiles on their faces because they appreciate the little things in life we take for granted.

"Buying houses in Mexico!" :roll: You're so full of crap.

Incidentally, here in Woodstock there is a corner on Bells Ferry and Hwy 92 where Americans can go and pick up workers just standing around waiting for jobs. The irony is that so many of these trucks have Trump stickers, yet they're gladly using the people they despise to make their lives better by using them for cheap labor. The gas stations up and down Bells Ferry make most of their money off of these immigrants because they get paid cash daily and end up spending a lot of it on junk food at these places. The Racetrack and Quick Trip gas stations are slammed with Mexicans in the mornings early before they start work, and then again during lunch time, and then again when their shift is over with.

* - not necessary. -cp-
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

This talk of contactors hiring undocumented immigrants makes me even more bewildered why DeSantis sent these people out of state. There’s a wealthy resident in Florida, who has a massive expensive home, who paid over a million-dollar settlement because they hired hundreds of undocumented immigrants to demolish one of their buildings.

I’d be pissed if I was one of DeSantis’ constituents. Then again, if I was one of his supporters, I’d likely be a RINO leftist who was ok with DeSantis spending other people’s money.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Vēritās wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:48 pm

"Buying houses in Mexico!" :roll: You're so full of crap.
That is what some undocumented immigrants do, I know very well.

Roofing and Construction pay pretty well.

They simply work here for about 5 years, go back to Mexico with a lot of US dollars to buy a nice house.
Vēritās wrote:

Incidentally, here in Woodstock there is a corner on Bells Ferry and Hwy 92 where Americans can go and pick up workers just standing around waiting for jobs. The irony is that so many of these trucks have Trump stickers, yet they're gladly using the people they despise to make their lives better by using them for cheap labor.
Of course, Republicans secretly support illegal immigration. Illegal immigration mostly hurts Blacks and Hispanics.
Vēritās wrote:
They just want to work and support their families and if that means living in a crappy trailer while working 90hrs between jobs and buying the kid's clothes and food at Walmart and Family Dollar, then so be it.
That's not the case for all undocumented immigrants, some have it pretty good.

Some undocumented immigrants hire child sex traffickers to help them cross the border. Is it okay to hire child sex traffickers?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Of course, Republicans secretly support illegal immigration. Illegal immigration mostly hurts Blacks and Hispanics.
A lot of Republicans aren't so secret about it.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Oh, hey look, it’s Ajax using a sock puppet to reply to his own thread. Once again a Conservative poster thinks nothing of acting deceitfully and disrespecting a request by mods to use only one handle on one thread.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Hawkeye wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:35 pm
A lot of Republicans aren't so secret about it.
Republicans and conservatives are mostly full of crap.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:40 pm

Some undocumented immigrants hire child sex traffickers to help them cross the border. Is it okay to hire child sex traffickers?
I do hope someone here has the balls to answer my question.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:27 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:40 pm
Is it okay to hire child sex traffickers?
I do hope someone here has the balls to answer my question.
No.

I hope my testicles meet your approval.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:28 pm

So would you agree a large number of undocumented immigrants are criminals for paying child sex traffickers to help them cross the border? Frankly, they simply don't care who helps them, as long as the job is done.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:32 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:28 pm

So would you agree a large number of undocumented immigrants are criminals for paying child sex traffickers to help them cross the border? Frankly, they simply don't care who helps them, as long as the job is done.
Civilly, outside of asylum seekers, they are all criminals regardless of who they pay.

Would you agree that my testicles are adequate?