Connecting with Infinity - A Journey

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Connecting with Infinity - A Journey

Post by Philo Sofee »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XgOEH9MnjA&t=47s

My new positive thought video which I believe you will find lovely, as well as uplifting. A good 6 minutes spent to start the day!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Connecting with Infinity - A Journey

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

That was nice. I was just meditating with this guy this morning:

As I was outside earlier, smoking a cigar of course, I couldn’t help but feel the god-gene inside of me as I felt the calm of the pre-dawn day, the starry sky, and the crickets.

Anyway, it’s been fun to witness your spiritual journey, professor. I enjoyed your nature walk and appreciate you sharing these moments of enlightenment.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:55 am
That was nice. I was just meditating with this guy this morning:

As I was outside earlier, smoking a cigar of course, I couldn’t help but feel the god-gene inside of me as I felt the calm of the pre-dawn day, the starry sky, and the crickets.

Anyway, it’s been fun to witness your spiritual journey, professor. I enjoyed your nature walk and appreciate you sharing these moments of enlightenment.

- Doc
thanks Doc. It's a journey I hadn't expected, but I am enjoying its ups and downs... yeah, watch out for that God-gene, it gets tricky... :D I have to tell mine to mellow out every now and again as I explore evidences, and lack thereof, for the particular picture I had of God once. It's a hell of an adjustment for a former apologist to make. I have had to come up to snuff and face the music, God is not only weird, it is weirder than I think I can grasp.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

I rather enjoyed it too and agree with every bit of it. Living in the here and now is what we are meant to experience and do it moment to moment and one day at a time. The show must go on! And the show really is amazing regardless of how little something may seem or how large. Perspective and appreciation are endless.

Not to push my own ideas on others but I touch on a lot of these things in my celestial thread about God and discuss the infinite in quite a bit of detail. I learned what I know from the wisdom of others and just put the pieces together for myself.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

There's a difference between the bonds of organized religion compared to freedom to express spirituality based on one's own understanding. Religion enslaves with dogmatic teachings and requirements but individual spirituality provides an infinite playing field to work it all out according to the dictates of one's own conscience. Organized religion requires obedience and money. Pay to join the religious club and obey and do what they say. On the other hand, spiritual freedom of the individual offers an endless expanse to take a journey where ever you want to go and pay whoever and how much you choose.

I'm sooooo glad I dumped the Church and pitched those awful covenants. Being a Mormon was so confining and those men who controlled me only made me miserable. Good riddance!

I'm free. Yeah baby!!

:D
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I'm glad Kerry is on a spiritual journey. When the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars, perhaps we will be treated to more such thoughts. It sure beats sitting on hard pews and listening to a speaker drone on about Alma this and Alma that. Keep up the good work.

Hey, on your software is there some sort of focusing adjustment for the video segment?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Aquarius - Let The Sunshine In

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:51 pm
When the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars,

Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius
Age of Aquarius
Aquarius
Aquarius

Harmony and understanding
Sympathy and trust abounding
No more falsehoods or derisions
Golden living dreams of visions
Mystic crystal revelation
And the mind's true liberation
Aquarius
Aquarius

When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius
Age of Aquarius
Aquarius
Aquarius
Aquarius
Aquarius

We Starve-look at one another short of breath
Walking proudly in our winter coats
Wearing smells from laboratories
Facing a dying nation of moving paper fantasy
Listening for the new told lies
With supreme visions of lonely tunes
Singing our space songs on a spider web sitar
Life is around you and in you
Answer from Timothy Leary deary

Let the sunshine
Let the sunshine in
The sunshine in

:D
Moksha
God

Re: Aquarius - Let The Sunshine In

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:16 pm

We Starve-look at one another short of breath
Walking proudly in our winter coats
Wearing smells from laboratories
Facing a dying nation of moving paper fantasy
Listening for the new told lies
With supreme visions of lonely tunes
Singing our space songs on a spider web sitar
Life is around you and in you
I loved the scene singing The Flesh Failures from Hair. Treat Williams was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGaZPFboTn4
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace