I could change my mind

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

I could change my mind

Post by doubtingthomas »

"Smuggling Migrants at the Border Now a Billion-Dollar Business...Migrant smuggling on the U.S. southern border has evolved over the past 10 years from a scattered network of freelance “coyotes” into a multi-billion-dollar international business controlled by organized crime, including some of Mexico’s most violent drug cartels."
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/25/us/m ... ution.html

"The Mexican Drug Cartels’ Other Business: Sex Trafficking"
https://world.time.com/2013/07/31/the-m ... afficking/

Just connecting the dots here. Some undocumented immigrants pay the cartels (sex traffickers) thousands of dollars to get them to the US, work here for a few years in construction or roofing, and go back to Mexico to buy nice houses.

I'm not sure why everyone is turning a blind eye.

I am not against all illegal immigration. I would welcome real refugees here.

However, young undocumented immigrants who live in large groups (all men, not families) were likely associated with Mexican cartels.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Matt Gaetz sought pardon related to Justice Department sex trafficking probe

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Matt Gaetz had sex with minors.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/joel-gree ... with-minor

tl;dr - Matt Gaetz had sex with minors.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Matt Gaetz sought pardon related to Justice Department sex trafficking probe

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:35 pm

tl;dr - Matt Gaetz had sex with minors.
And undocumented immigrants who pay child sex traffickers don't have 14 year old wives waiting for them back in Mexico?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:35 pm
Matt Gaetz had sex with minors.
- Doc
Illegal in Florida, but 17 is legal in the vast majority of states, as long as no one crosses state lines and no one gets paid.

So, I guess it's okay when undocumented immigrants pay child sex traffickers?
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

It's sad no one is brave enough to acknowledge the problem. I don't understand why I'm the only one seeing it.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

USCPB issues regular releases for child predator arrests.

The problem is acknowledged.

ICE, HSI, and agencies in South America arrested 113 child predators in the US, and South America in a single sting operation.

Less than a month ago, Border Patrol nabbed a child rapist while they were trying to get back into the US.

Just 4 days ago, Border Patrol agents arrested a child sex offender in Laredo.

Your ignorance of efforts, and your newfound righteous indignation doesn't mean everyone else is ignoring it, or cowards.

Are you brave enough to admit the problem of an adult man having a relationship with a 17-year-old minor?
Xenophon
Savior (resurrected state)

Post by Xenophon »

I think Res probably captured the sentiment as well as it can be. This is little more than you venting your spleen in connection with your new-found hatred for a particular people. You don't actually want to discuss the problem you want to bash your current favorite bogeyman. There are plenty of serious conversations on the topic, this ain't one.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:25 pm
USCPB issues regular releases for child predator arrests.

ICE, HSI, and agencies in South America arrested 113 child predators in the US, and South America in a single sting operation.

Less than a month ago, Border Patrol nabbed a child rapist while they were trying to get back into the US.

Just 4 days ago, Border Patrol agents arrested a child sex offender in Laredo.

Your ignorance of efforts, and your newfound righteous indignation doesn't mean everyone else is ignoring it, or cowards.

Are you brave enough to admit the problem of an adult man having a relationship with a 17-year-old minor?
"I'm the only one who sees the problem," says man who never bothers to look for others actually working on the problem.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:19 pm

"I'm the only one who sees the problem," says man who never bothers to look for others actually working on the problem.
"Not surprisingly, smuggling fees for destinations distant from the border are higher than the $700-$1,000 it takes to get from Tijuana to Los Angeles, which raises the question of how illegal immigrants manage their debts to the smugglers."
https://www.brookings.edu/opinions/the- ... -networks/

"Nearly all—between 80 and 95 percent—of illegal crossers are paying to come, with smuggling fees reportedly as high as $9,200 a person"
https://www.cato.org/publications/comme ... rtels-come

Do undocumented immigrants get arrested for paying smugglers (sex traffickers) thousands of dollars?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

DT,

Didn't you suggest you were in a relationship with a 17 year old girl from Mexico a short time ago? Is it possible you are deflecting?