NY AG Sues Trump Family

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Re: NY AG Sues Trump Family

Post by Hawkeye »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:13 pm
Trump is still using the term "Crooked Hillary" in his speeches. The cosmic irony is that Trump is the most crooked politician in American history. He took the crown from Boss Tweede some time ago.

Two Trump firsts:

1. Biggest crook
2. Most prolific liar
George Bush was the most crooked politician in American history, then it was Mitt Romney. By 2024 you'll declare Ron DeSantis to be the most crooked politician in American history come 2024.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:05 pm
Moksha wrote:
Trump is still using the term "Crooked Hillary" in his speeches. The cosmic irony is that Trump is the most crooked politician in American history. He took the crown from Boss Tweede some time ago.

Two Trump firsts:

1. Biggest crook
2. Most prolific liar
George Bush was the most crooked politician in American history, then it was Mitt Romney. By 2024 you'll declare Ron DeSantis to be the most crooked politician in American history come 2024.
A non-idiot would have an ‘aha’ moment right now. :cry:

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:35 pm
Hawkeye wrote:

- Doc
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:31 pm
Is the mask finally off with Trump?

:roll:

- Doc
wow.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Moksha wrote:

Two Trump firsts:

1. Biggest crook
2. Most prolific liar
We know exactly what Trump thinks of himself, because he sees all of his innumerable faults in everyone else. He is at his most revealing when he calls someone else a name or accuses of them of, well, anything. He is such a narcissist, it's impossible for him to imagine anyone not being as crooked and dishonest as he is.

I actually think that's a general problem among the GQP base, but it's not as acute as it is in Trump. Republicans love accusing Democrats of the crappy things the GQP is planning. We see flavors of that from ajax regularly here. Republicans think everyone's an asshole like they are, and attempt to out-asshole Democrats first.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Hawkeye wrote:
No, the most crooked title was handed off from Boss Tweede to Donald Trump. The only other one close would be Calvin Coolidge. Bush and Romney are not even in the same ballpark.

The Republicans have eschewed "men of honor" and set their sights on scoundrels, in keeping with altered party values. We will have to wait and see how bad DeSantis can be. It would take a herculean effort to beat Trump's near-automatic lying and criminality.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:24 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
No, the most crooked title was handed off from Boss Tweede to Donald Trump. The only other one close would be Calvin Coolidge. Bush and Romney are not even in the same ballpark.

The Republicans have eschewed "men of honor" and set their sights on scoundrels, in keeping with altered party values. We will have to wait and see how bad DeSantis can be. It would take a herculean effort to beat Trump's near-automatic lying and criminality.
He's in favor of sending illegal immigrants back to Mexico or wherever they came from. I think he wants people to work for a living as opposed to making generational welfare a permanent way of life. That alone will be enough for you to make him the epitome of cruelty and white supremacism if he wins the Republican nomination.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:47 pm
He's in favor of sending illegal immigrants back to Mexico or wherever they came from. I think he wants people to work for a living as opposed to making generational welfare a permanent way of life. That alone will be enough for you to make him the epitome of cruelty and white supremacism if he wins the Republican nomination.
I am in favor of strong border enforcement, but not putting kids in cages. Is that what DeSantis stands for?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Moksha wrote:
I am in favor of strong border enforcement
You are? Does 2.2 million known illegal immigrants +likely 3 million more unknown in under 2 years sound like strong border enforcement to you? 5 million illegal immigrants in two years and no deportation nor attempt to secure the border. But we're in favor of strong border enforcement unless a Republican does it and then we call it immoral and illegal.

But if your party platform calls for more government spending on stimulus, worthless and inefficient green energy boondoggles, to reduce %8 inflation, it's not so hard to see someone so heavilly invested in the environmentalist cult would believe they are in favor of strong border enforcement as well.
Veritas
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:00 am
Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:47 pm
I am in favor of strong border enforcement, but not putting kids in cages. Is that what DeSantis stands for?
Yes, he stands for strong border enforcement and not putting kids in cages. This is a contrast to Obama and Harris and to which they stand.