So is Putin going to nuke us all or what?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Re: So is Putin going to nuke us all or what?

Post by MeDotOrg »

Binger wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:36 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:13 am
I don't know what your post means.
I think it means that one can think that Putin is a real POS and also think that the key USA players and NATO knew exactly what they were doing to instigate this war and Putin's reaction.
Please explain how the US and NATO instigated the war.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Oh, boy. Can’t wait for overt B.S. to be posted by a dingbat only to be thoroughly rebutted that they then ignore.

:|
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Let's hope the Russian people realize the danger Putin poses and act accordingly. Likewise, I hope our people can realize the danger Trump poses.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
High Spy
Regional Representative

Post by High Spy »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:13 am
High Spy wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:24 am
3 Guys who say “Lighten up Francis” on KFQD explained how they’ll fake elections in new areas, then claim we’re attacking Russia to justify nuclear defense.
I don't know what your post means.
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/russian-nukes-can-be-used-defend-annexed-ukraine-regions-kremlin-warns wrote:
… confirmed referendums of occupied portions of Ukraine to join the Russian Federation.
KFQD is one of my local favorite radio stations and the quote above is different language to describe “fake elections”.
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:14 pm
Binger wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:36 pm

I think it means that one can think that Putin is a real POS and also think that the key USA players and NATO knew exactly what they were doing to instigate this war and Putin's reaction.
Please explain how the US and NATO instigated the war.
Been there. Done that. Whatev.

https://www.cato.org/commentary/us-nato ... n-admit-it
It has become especially fashionable in such circles to insist that NATO’s expansion to Russia’s border was in no way responsible for the current Ukraine crisis. Many dismiss all arguments to the contrary as “echoing Putin’s talking points,” “siding with Putin,” or circulating Russian propaganda and “disinformation.” Leaving aside the ugly miasma of McCarthyism enveloping such allegations, the underlying argument is factually wrong.
Get ready for all of the above. And like, whatever man.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:30 pm
Likewise, I hope our people can realize the danger Trump poses.
The people who already understand Trump poses a threat to America are the only ones perceiving the danger. It's only dingbats and ignoramuses that still don't see the obvious menace Trump represents after the daily evidence we've had for the last seven years.

Might as well hope sharks eventually realize the virtues of veganism.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:53 pm
I wrap myself in a (naïve?) blanket of "There's always a Vasily Arkhipov."
I sincerely hope you're right about there being another "Vasily Arkhipov" in the wings that can yet again block Putin from using the nuclear option. If anyone here hasn't yet googled the name to see what he did, please do so. His story is very interesting and inspiring.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Even the Russian people in Russia itself have a growing awareness of how irrational is Putin's euphemistically named "special military operation." I would guess that a large proportion of native Russian speakers in Ukraine would be even more aware of that than those still in Russia, because I doubt the Ukrainian government is cracking down on freedom of speech and of the press like Putin is in Russia. It is my understanding that a high proportion of native Russian speakers in Ukraine are as averse to the idea of living under a Putin dictatorship as any other Ukrainian. Surely many of them must realize that if Putin resorts to nuclear tactical weapons in Ukraine, they will almost certainly not escape all of the terrible consequences suffered by non-Russian Ukrainians. Many of them have already suffered as badly as their most unfortunate native Ukrainian counterparts.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Ukraine is not just content to retake their invaded lands but aims to topple the Putin regime by marching on Moscow if necessary. For this reason Nancy Pelosi has upgraded the classification of Russia to a terrorist state. I can't see Putin being toppled without firing back with nuclear weapons first.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:27 pm
UFor this reason Nancy Pelosi has upgraded the classification of Russia to a terrorist state.
??

Graham introduced a resolution all the way back in May to designate Russia as a state sponsor of terrorism, and received unanimous consent in July.