So is Putin going to nuke us all or what?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: So is Putin going to nuke us all or what?

Post by Jersey Girl »

I say no.

Good news! He's def getting the partial mobilization he wanted. Thousands of folks (mostly males) leaving in cars and leaving on a jet plane--tickets going for like 13K, essentially crossing the borders by any means possible. Russian citizens now openly criticizing him on camera as they depart the scene.

The conscripts he had in place ran off the battle field (tattered remains of Ukraine) and handed over tons of military assets to Ukraine in the process, while Putin claims they were simply regrouping. :roll: Males of all ages are leaving in droves so what's he going to do? Go to full on mobilization, watch the rest of the males get out of Dodge, and leave Russia's mobilization up to the women folk who will by the way, no doubt spit in his face while he drags them off to prison. So...what are they gonna do? He's gonna order prison guards to point machine guns at the women folk and protesters and threaten them with death unless they jump into a uniform, pick up a weapon, and get on a southbound truck?

Don't tell me that sounds crazy because Putin's totally invested in his delusions and can't see how the game ends or how to get out of the game. He's completely crackers. He'll have to be dragged out kicking and screaming or you know, fall out of a window or something.

Will someone make that happen??

If no one intervenes, he'll keep going until the spitting women are in jail cells with a machine gun in their face along with the protesters. Then, what? Prison riots? Mow down the wimmin folk and dig more mass graves?

So be it, I guess.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:04 pm

I say no.

Good news! He's def getting the partial mobilization he wanted. Thousands of folks (mostly males) leaving in cars and leaving on a jet plane--tickets going for like 13K, essentially crossing the borders by any means possible. Russian citizens now openly criticizing him on camera as they depart the scene.

The conscripts he had in place ran off the battle field (tattered remains of Ukraine) and handed over tons of military assets to Ukraine in the process, while Putin claims they were simply regrouping. :roll: Males of all ages are leaving in droves so what's he going to do? Go to full on mobilization, watch the rest of the males get out of Dodge, and leave Russia's mobilization up to the women folk who will by the way, no doubt spit in his face while he drags them off to prison. So...what are they gonna do? He's gonna order prison guards to point machine guns at the women folk and protesters and threaten them with death unless they jump into a uniform, pick up a weapon, and get on a southbound truck?

Don't tell me that sounds crazy because Putin's totally invested in his delusions and can't see how the game ends or how to get out of the game. He's completely crackers. He'll have to be dragged out kicking and screaming or you know, fall out of a window or something.

If no one intervenes, he'll keep going until the spitting women are in jail cells with a machine gun in their face along with the protesters. Then, what? Prison riots? Mow down the wimmin folk and dig more mass graves?

So be it, I guess.
Oh boy.

Is there a conspiracy or propaganda not believed?
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Jersey Girl wrote:

I say no.

So be it, I guess.
Does that sound more likely than Puti llaunching nuclear weapons?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

I don't see an out for Putin. I think he will burn the world down before conceding anything. I also don't see an out for Russia, except maybe if Putin is internally deposed and we get lucky with the next regime - to where they blame it all on Putin, sue for peace with their leverage being - we will pull out and cede back all of Ukraine if Ukraine agrees not to seek reparations or retribution for any war crimes and, I guess maybe agrees not to join NATO.

Yeah, I know, Ignorant, un-educated and naïve, but what's the alternative for Ukraine - even if they somehow are able to win and kick the invaders off of every square inch. At what further cost to their country? And, how could reparations ever be enforced anyway without the defeat and occupation of Russia itself?
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:34 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

I say no.

So be it, I guess.
Does WHAT sound more likely?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

dantana wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:14 am
I don't see an out for Putin. I think he will burn the world down before conceding anything. I also don't see an out for Russia, except maybe if Putin is internally deposed and we get lucky with the next regime - to where they blame it all on Putin, sue for peace with their leverage being - we will pull out and cede back all of Ukraine if Ukraine agrees not to seek reparations or retribution for any war crimes and, I guess maybe agrees not to join NATO.

Yeah, I know, Ignorant, un-educated and naïve, but what's the alternative for Ukraine - even if they somehow are able to win and kick the invaders off of every square inch. At what further cost to their country? And, how could reparations ever be enforced anyway without the defeat and occupation of Russia itself?
Reparations? WTF?

Let's revisit this in the spring. I think whatever song is being played now will not be the same song that is being played in the middle of winter and not the same song in the springtime.

Here is a hint dantana. When the media tells you people are fleeing Russia, ask yourself if you have real confirmed information that that is true, or that the exact opposite is true. Do you know for sure that citizens are fleeing Russia and not fleeing Ukraine? Or that citizens are fleeing Ukraine and not fleeing Russia? It is most probable that your source for this Russia story is the same as the source you had for other Russia stories, and...... well, that source sucked real bad.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:24 am
ajax18 wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:34 am
The scenario you outlined of Putin giving the women folk the option of combat or the gulag rather than unleashing nuclear weapons on Ukraine.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

How about pick a screen name and land on it.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Hawkeye wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:58 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:24 am
The scenario you outlined of Putin giving the women folk the option of combat or the gulag rather than unleashing nuclear weapons on Ukraine.
I don't think he'll use nuclear weapons. Maybe he'll make mischief with a cyber attack. But I don't think really it would get as far as giving women an "opportunity to serve" :roll: I think the more likely scenario is that someone on the "inside" will drag his sorry ass to the nearest open upper level window and give him the opportunity to save his own crumbling legacy.

All I really think that I do know is that things are going to go even more nuts after this so-called referendum he's conducting because following that where everyone votes :roll: in favor of joining Russia :roll: he's going to claim that Ukraine and it's allies are attacking Russia and then it's throw down time.

Then again the guy's got a terminal case of can't do crap right, so who knows? Maybe in a couple of weeks the window will be looking good to him.

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Wish the mods could be firm about sockpuppets.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace