The Built Economy is Back

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

The Built Economy is Back

Post by Binger »

DJIA hit a new 52 week low today.

The S&P and NASDAQ are almost at new lows, but there is still some time.

Can you imagine what would happen if some liberal hack went on CNBC blamed this on Jewish Holidays?
Art Cashin, director of floor operations at UBS Financial Services, went on CNBC to opine that the plunge in the market may come down to familiar “cycles and traditions,” some of them Jewish. (But no, I don’t think he’s blaming the Jews for the stock market, per se.)

“Rosh Hashanah happens at sundown on Sunday,” Cashin said, “and when I was an Irish altar boy in Jersey City, I was told that that tradition is you sell on Rosh Hashanah to buy back on Yom Kippur, cause you wanna be without worldly goods. So I think that may be adding, believe it or not, to some of the mild selling pressure we’re seeing today.”
Okay. Maybe he didn't blame the economy or the market conditions on the Jews, per se. But, ya know, let's snowflake this for the folks that need more xenophobia in their naan.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Re: The Built Economy is Back

Post by Binger »

This looks well built back too.
2023 Rate Increases

Effective January 2, 2023, FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, and FedEx Home Delivery rates will increase by an average of 6.9%. FedEx Freight rates will increase by an average of 6.9%-7.9% dependent on the customer’s transportation rate scale. Details related to these and additional changes to rates, surcharges, and fees are available at https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/rate-changes.html.
Jesus Christ.