Any idea why Republicans blocked bill requiring dark money groups to reveal donors?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Any idea why Republicans blocked bill requiring dark money groups to reveal donors?

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Senate Republicans voted Thursday to block the consideration of a bill to promptly require organizations that spend money on elections to promptly disclose the identities of donors who give $10,000 or more during an election cycle.
Ajax,

Have you ever donated $10,000 or more to a candidate at one time? If not, why not? And if you’re capable of answering that question honestly, you now know who the GOP represents.

Think about it. The GOP doesn’t want anyone to know who gives them dark money. When people talk about politicians ‘being dirty’ this is it. This is literally it. What I can’t wrap my mind around is why don’t GOPhers care who their “representatives” are getting dark money from? This is

levels of corruption combined with voter indolence.

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Re: Any idea why Republicans blocked bill requiring dark money groups to reveal donors?

Post by Moksha »

Any idea why Republicans blocked a bill requiring dark money groups to reveal donors?
They do not want their level of corruption exposed. Trump signed a Faustian bargain and the Republicans want the contract holder to remain anonymous.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Any idea why Republicans blocked bill requiring dark money groups to reveal donors?

Post by Res Ipsa »

My WAG is that both parties have concluded that more transparency concerning the identity of donors would hurt Rs and help Ds.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:46 pm
My WAG is that both parties have concluded that more transparency concerning the identity of donors would hurt Rs and help Ds.
What’s “WAG?” Sorry, I’m usually dialed into acronyms - I only know this term from watching European football (‘wives and girlfriends’ of footballers).

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Xenophon
Savior (resurrected state)

Post by Xenophon »

Wild ass guess
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:00 pm
[quote="Res Ipsa" post_id=2802853 time=<a href="tel:1664048778">1664048778</a> user_id=53]
What’s “WAG?” Sorry, I’m usually dialed into acronyms - I only know this term from watching European football (‘wives and girlfriends’ of footballers).

- Doc
[/quote]
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:00 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:46 pm

- Doc
Sorry. What Xeno said.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.