Are marriage vows still a thing on the Right?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Re: Are marriage vows still a thing on the Right?

Post by MeDotOrg »

I am certainly no fan of MJT, but to paint her marriage as being emblematic of conservative marriages is a stretch. I know there are hypocrites, but I don't think that's unique to conservative Christianity.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:24 am
I am certainly no fan of MJT, but to paint her marriage as being emblematic of conservative marriages is a stretch. I know there are hypocrites, but I don't think that's unique to conservative Christianity.
She’s emblematic of current mainstream Conservative values, as evidenced by Xanax’s pitiable thoughts. I was just wondering if Conservatives actually still believe marriage vows sworn before god and man mean anything, or if they’re as pliable as their ethics.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

MTG fought against the lockdowns, the inflation generating stimulus packages
So you're saying when Trump signed his name to the first round of stimulus, that MTG had fought hard to prevent that very stimulus?

You're saying that she fought against Trump's trade war, that provoked his guy, Jerome Powell to lower interest rates, which led the asset bubble including the surge in home prices? Did she also berate Powell for lowering rates as Trump demanded he bring them even lower?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Speaking of MTG:
Marjorie Taylor Greene: "I am not going to mince words with you all. Democrats want Republicans dead and they have already started the killings."

This rhetoric is dangerous and unacceptable.
Apparently at a Trump rally MTG made the claim Dems/Communists (because why the “F” not) have started to murder Republicans. On purpose. Like a purge. And she urged the Republicans to take the country back.

:roll:

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:01 pm
MJT didn't ask for the divorce.
MeDotOrg wrote:
I am certainly no fan of MJT, . . .
"MJT" = Marjorie Jaylor Teene?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:41 am
ajax18 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:01 pm
MJT didn't ask for the divorce.
MeDotOrg wrote:
I am certainly no fan of MJT, . . .
Yes, it took me a while to figure that out as well. I didn't start with the abbreviations.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:49 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:41 am

Yes, it took me a while to figure that out as well. I didn't start with the abbreviations.
So, you just parroted the mistake knowing that “MJT” should’ve been “MTG”? So, instead of using the oft-used and well-known acronym, you couldn’t work out that Gad made a mistake and you just willingly went along with the mistake. And, in true Conservative fashion, you don’t take responsibility for your mistake, instead opting to blame something else for your stupidity.

Jesus, Ajax.

- Doc