Atlantic Lover

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jack T
Nursery

Atlantic Lover

Post by Jack T »

As I'm enjoying my pizza in the Costco parking lot, Atlantic lover text me to let me know that she has been kicked off the board. Why is Atlantic lover so despised on this board? I'd love to know. My impression is that she was previously barred for standing up for her spouse; why was she barred this time? When Mike warned me that this message board was an echo chamber, I didn't want to trust him. The majority of ex-Mormons I know are open-minded, but I'm beginning to believe Mike may be right.

I have to admit, I'm disappointed. She is a great woman, Atlantic lover. Will my wife also be blacklisted if she joins with me?
canpakes
God

Re: Atlantic Lover

Post by canpakes »

I don’t know, but can you grab a slice of pepperoni pizza for me? The kids and I always go for that when we’re at Costco.

I suppose that if AL had stuck around, that Binger fellow could have used her last thread as an example of racist-sounding commentary. He says that he’s super-concerned about that sort of thing.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

My impression is that she...
I didn't know this was A-mike's pronoun. Good to know.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

she posted this morning. Why would she be banned? I cannot help but wonder if there is a mistake.
Jack T
Nursery

Post by Jack T »

huckelberry wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:19 pm
she posted this morning. Why would she be banned? I cannot help but wonder if there is a mistake.
For the time being, all I can say is that Mike is not Atlantic lover. Although Mike has a posting account on this board, I don't believe he has ever used it. He informed me that he had an account through which he may communicate with several of the regular board members, including the founder. I've been told that they speak frequently.
Jack T
Nursery

Post by Jack T »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:03 pm
I don’t know, but can you grab a slice of pepperoni pizza for me? The kids and I always go for that when we’re at Costco.

I suppose that if AL had stuck around, that Binger fellow could have used her last thread as an example of racist-sounding commentary. He says that he’s super-concerned about that sort of thing.
I must admit that it disappoints me to see a moderator behave in such a manner.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Jack T wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:36 pm
canpakes wrote:

Be the change you want to be. Post interesting content and take advantage of a population of posters who’ll engage you. Or pretend to care about being a member of the community all the while bitching and moaning about the board and mods. For example you left your own thread without answering questions posited to you here:

viewtopic.php?p=2803481#p2803481

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Jack T wrote:
canpakes wrote:

I was going to pay you for the pizza.
Jack T
Nursery

Post by Jack T »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:43 pm
Jack T wrote:

Be the change you want to be. Post interesting content and take advantage of a population of posters who’ll engage you. Or pretend to care about being a member of the community all the while bitching and moaning about the board and mods. For example you left your own thread without answering questions posited to you here:

viewtopic.php?p=2803481#p2803481

- Doc
I apologize for not responding to your query in the first thread; I was getting tired of posting. Only because Atlantic lover was prohibited from posting today is why I posted. Before I proceed, though, I'm attempting to figure out why she was removed from the board. Why wasn't I banned from the board, but she was? Could it be because she is a Mormon? Or perhaps it's because she started a thread in which she disparaged the Vice President. What has changed in the last 24 hours since two moderators have been regularly in contact? This is quite puzzling.
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

Well shoot, it turns out Rotten Toms had gotten some faulty information - as the Mike, Mike and Mike show was indeed renewed for season two.

Season 2, episode 1: A wordprint study by Cassius U. showed there to be dozens of Mikes on the Mormon board dating back to 'Tobin', and at least two that were found in real life. - Jerry Lewis and Yosemite Sam's dragon

Season 2, episode 2: Mike b's Mormon missionary girlfriend drama turned out to be a simple cat-fishing - by Mike c's persona. He'd lost track and cat-fished himself

Season 2, episode 3: Mike submits for copyright protection on the phrase 'Hey everyone, look at me.'

Season 2, episode 4: High Spy turns states evidence and leaves a series of cryptic clues in a thread such as - Mike is also Mike, but nobody reads them and so Mike skates again.

Season 2, episode 5: - Still in production -
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh