GOP Admits That Nothing But Power Matters

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

GOP Admits That Nothing But Power Matters

Post by Vēritās »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxLIoTsfC5M

Joe breaks it down pretty well. In the wake of the Herschel Walker scandal, something that would immediately destroy anyone's political aspirations if they were Democrat, we're seeing how the GOP really is just a valueless cult that aspires to nothing but power. They're willing to support a wife beating, chronic liar and worst of all, a "baby murderer" like Herschel Walker if it means taking power in the Senate.

This is what Donald Trump did to this country. He normalized lying, depravity and taught his followers how to act accordingly. The man who won the Presidency just weeks after video of him bragging about sexually molesting women, has transformed the GOP into a worthless cult that when it all comes down to it, really values nothing but political power.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Re: GOP Admits That Nothing But Power Matters

Post by Vēritās »

The hilarious thing about their defense of Walker, is that Newt Gingrich said he should be elected because he is a devout Christian.

Yet the guy he hopes to replace is literally a Christian pastor who hasn't tried to kill his wife nor has he abandoned multiple children who were born out of wedlock.

But the power of FOX News manifests itself at times like these. Two decades of hate filled indoctrination makes some voters willing to vote for the devil over anyone with a (D) after their name.

Newt Gingrich Mercilessly Mocked For Hot Take On Herschel Walker
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

From Yahoo:
Walker has been a frequent critic of absentee fathers. He’s also claimed to be vehemently opposed to abortion rights and said in May he’d support a ban on the procedure with no exceptions.
So, FYI, he’s paid for multiple abortions, and is an absentee father to at least three children that we know of. If these hypocrites get elected, a whole lotta Conservatives are gonna be pissed when they have to support their unwanted offspring they created on the down low.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

The GOP admitted they were all about power when McCarthy went on Fox and told everyone they were running the sham Benghazi investigations just to lower Clinton's poll numbers.

All Trump did was make it clear that GOP voters lie about what concerns them. All they give a damn about is power (like, the power to tell women they've never met what to do when they're pregnant). That's been obvious for years now.

To me, GOP politics is synonymous with BS. There is nothing redeeming about the current state of the party. America is in desperate need of a sane conservative movement. Honestly, if Liz Cheney started a new independent party, I'd support her. Let's face it; she is a RINO (considering "Republican" now means "damned raving, lying lunatic").
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Apparently, the best way to get an abortion in Georgia is to claim Herschel Walker is the father.
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

It's been said that the electoral college was started in part because some felt that a more educated person is better suited to make important decisions. i.e. - the hayseeds are too stupid to know what's best for them and could easily be duped by a con-man.

What's funny though is, it's the Republicans that scream loudest about any talk of doing away with the electoral college, but who also fear distancing themselves from Don the Trump. Because, you know, he's the con-man who all the hayseeds are gaga over.
Last edited by dantana on Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

As my memory remembers, Herschel W. defected to the USFL. A move that caused a sour taste for fans and the sports pundits at the time. He wound up playing on a Donald Trump owned team. Donald Trump, in usual, planned, underhanded Trump fashion, in an attempt to acquire a real team - an NFL team - Bought a USFL team. He filed lawsuits against the NFL. They all failed and it basically caused the USFL to have to fold, and cost a lot of people a lot of money.

And a link to a more accurate version.

The day Donald Trump's narcissism killed the USFL https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... d-the-usfl
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh