Biden's Amazing Accomplishments Overlooked

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: Biden's Amazing Accomplishments Overlooked

Post by Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:49 am
Do you really not understand what a fool you are making of yourself on this thread, or do you just not care that you are?
Even if he did understand what a foolish vibe he gives off here, we know he doesn't care. He's too stupid and angry to care about his reputation. The message contained between the lines in hundreds of posts don't lie (even though the content is almost exclusively lies).

Anyone who expresses admiration for Trump clearly doesn't give a crap about their reputation. People with the most basic common sense try to distance themselves from Trump as much as possible. Trump fans have mental issues; normal people don't latch onto thugs, ignoramuses, morons and assholes, and Trump is the quintessential example of all of those.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:15 am
So I guess you guys pretty much got what you voted for in Biden. I guess what you've done was deliberrate not just ignorant or misinformed. Here's to 8% inflation $6/gallon gasoline, 8 million more illegal immigrants, and war with Russia. Hail Biden.
Last time I filled up, gasoline was $3.13 a gallon in my area.

We are not at war with Russia.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:22 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:15 am
So I guess you guys pretty much got what you voted for in Biden. I guess what you've done was deliberrate not just ignorant or misinformed. Here's to 8% inflation $6/gallon gasoline, 8 million more illegal immigrants, and war with Russia. Hail Biden.
Last time I filled up, gasoline was $3.13 a gallon in my area.

We are not at war with Russia.
It is just as cheap or cheaper in Texas where ajax lives. But he keeps whining about "$6 gasoline" as if he's ever paid that.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I guess we know why Ajax loves Trump. Shared disregard for reality.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:26 pm
It is just as cheap or cheaper in Texas where ajax lives. But he keeps whining about "$6 gasoline" as if he's ever paid that.
It is my understanding that ajax lives in West Virginia -- not Texas.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:05 pm
Vēritās wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:26 pm
It is my understanding that ajax lives in West Virginia -- not Texas.
Pretty sure he said he moved because of taxes.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:19 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:08 pm
Democrats who want more military spending. That's a first, but I do kind of like that.
You shouldn't. It isn't military spending that goes to waste, it is being used immediately. Republicans only like wasteful military spending like $1.7 trillion on the F-35 that still hasn't worked out all the kinks. Biden is spending money that is going directly to war against the world's greatest threat to Democracy, with zero risk to our troops. He's effectively killed over 100,000 Russians, more than Reagan.

With respect to gas prices, the hilarious thing about it is the way the Right Wing has dramatized it to make it seem like it is killing families everywhere, when in reality the actual increase in gas prices means roughly an added $600 expense for the average car driver. This complaint is coming from the same people who griped and moaned about a $600 stimulus check from Biden just last year, insisting it was more than what was needed.

If you do the math and figure the average person drives 14,000 miles per year and the price of gas averaged $2.75 in 2018 and the average car gets about 20 miles per gallon, you get an annual cost of about $2,000 towards gasoline in 2018 in Trump's second year. No one was whining about that even though it was up $600/year from 2016 during Obama's final year in office.

In 2022 the avg price of gas is about $4.25 through 10 months, which means the average driver will spend about $2,900 on gas this year. When you adjust for inflation that is also an increase of just over $600.

Selective outrage anyone?
Would you like to see higher gasoline and energy prices because it will force people to drive less? Isn't climate change our biggest national security threat, not Russia. The 1980s called and wants its foreign policy back.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:14 pm
Would you like to see higher gasoline and energy prices because it will force people to drive less? Isn't climate change our biggest national security threat, not Russia. The 1980s called and wants its foreign policy back.
More evasive maneuvers from the reality-free zone.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:19 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:08 pm
Democrats who want more military spending. That's a first, but I do kind of like that.
You shouldn't. It isn't military spending that goes to waste, it is being used immediately. Republicans only like wasteful military spending like $1.7 trillion on the F-35 that still hasn't worked out all the kinks. Biden is spending money that is going directly to war against the world's greatest threat to Democracy, with zero risk to our troops. He's effectively killed over 100,000 Russians, more than Reagan.

With respect to gas prices, the hilarious thing about it is the way the Right Wing has dramatized it to make it seem like it is killing families everywhere, when in reality the actual increase in gas prices means roughly an added $600 expense for the average car driver. This complaint is coming from the same people who griped and moaned about a $600 stimulus check from Biden just last year, insisting it was more than what was needed.

If you do the math and figure the average person drives 14,000 miles per year and the price of gas averaged $2.75 in 2018 and the average car gets about 20 miles per gallon, you get an annual cost of about $2,000 towards gasoline in 2018 in Trump's second year. No one was whining about that even though it was up $600/year from 2016 during Obama's final year in office.

In 2022 the avg price of gas is about $4.25 through 10 months, which means the average driver will spend about $2,900 on gas this year. When you adjust for inflation that is also an increase of just over $600.

Selective outrage anyone?

Why would Biden pass an "Inflation reduction act," when according to you inflation is good for working class people? Oh that's right, it does nothing to ease inflation. But the interest rate hikes will force people 20 years younger than me to pay $250k more in interest than I did over the life of the loan for the same house.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

So, now Republicans want cheap money ‘printed’ from the fed which results in rapid inflation?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.